No announcement yet.

Lindemann: Till's solo project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^Yeah, the guys at RammsteinAustria are seriously not far away from hanging themselves. I've seen more than a few rants on their forum.

I respect that they maybe need some extra time and etc. but either they have had some redicoulus mess ups at the managment or someone needs to be fired. There is a point when "waiting for the right moment" is getting too far.

I mean look at this: Skills in Pills is for all we know completely finished, the New York DVD has probably been sitting on a shelf since 2012 and Ã…kerlund said in an interview in January that he was finishing his Rammstein project. For all we know they could have released at least one of these products by March (oh wait, wasn't that supposed to happen )

If you ask me, they should have done this:
    -Released MSG DVD in late 2011 together with the Made in Germany best of. In this way they could have created interest for the MIG tour. Maybe this would have helped the American ticket sales for their 2012 US tour.
    -Released the Bercy DVD in late 2012/early 2013 to promote the 2013 summer tour.
    -Release their documentary in either 2014 or 2015 while they are on hiatus.

I am not an expert on any level as far as promotion goes, but I think they should have done this. Both band and fans would have profited from it.
    Last edited by Chrisss Nofff; 04-18-2015, 07:58 PM.

Comment

• It's no different than SSL getting announced and then the what? 6 month wait for products in hand? Something like that. I pre-ordered it when it came available in like July and didn't get my hands on it until November.

And I definitely agree the hiatus has gotten more than a little ridiculous. I've managed to nearly complete a graduate degree in the amount of time they've had off.

Comment

• Originally posted by EmeraldRose View Post
        And I definitely agree the hiatus has gotten more than a little ridiculous. I've managed to nearly complete a graduate degree in the amount of time they've had off.

They are in other projects too, I don't like waiting, but if I could I would do the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrisss Nofff View Post
          I mean look at this: Skills in Pills is for all we know completely finished, the New York DVD has probably been sitting on a shelf since 2012 and Ã…kerlund said in an interview in January that he was finishing his Rammstein project. For all we know they could have released at least one of these products by March (oh wait, wasn't that supposed to happen )
          It actually is worse than that: the film was already finished in late 2013. That interview is a hint that the band commisioned changes to the product.
          "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• ^Oh yeah, Paul mentioned the movie in 2013. I guess that one has also been sitting on a shelf for two years.

Comment

• Skills in Pills is available for preorder in nailboard.org

http://www.nailboard.org/eng/search?...ring=lindemann

Comment

• ^At first it says in the info table "Release date: 2015", but in the description it says 19th of June. I still believe that we have a slight delay. 19th of June sounds like outdated info from Amazon to me.

In additon, all versions have the same date. This is often unusual for record sales. Often the special editions get a later release (in my experience ranging from 2 days to max 2 weeks).
                Last edited by Chrisss Nofff; 04-20-2015, 02:02 AM.

Comment

• [grumbles] I DO NOT WANT TO WAIT, DAMN IT.
                  Where am I going and why am I in this handbasket?

Comment

• Originally posted by TinyCat View Post
                    [grumbles] I DO NOT WANT TO WAIT, DAMN IT.
                    There is an old Army saying, "Hurry up and Wait", which is a phrase that I think R+ live by.

Comment

• ^Indeed.

Comment

• Thanks to a glitch, the new coverart has now been revealed!

Someone at RammsteinAustria had put Skills in Pills on his wishlist. While the album is not on Amazon anymore, due to a glitch he was able to see the new coverart. I guess amazon will soon re-upload Skills in Pills and make it available for pre-order.

The thumbnails he was able to download have a very low resolution.

/* EDITED MAYA: I'm sorry, you can't upload these images*/
                        Last edited by Maya; 04-21-2015, 10:25 PM.

Comment

• I'm sorry Chrisss, but this site had problems because of some images uploaded, I have removed them. Once they are public you can upload them, again.

Comment

• ^Sorry, normally promotional photos can be uploaded, but leaked material should not be posted (I forgot ). The other forums allowed these photos to be shown, but I respect that Affenknecht is more cautious. The official pictures will be out in a few days anyway.

I will be more careful in the future

Comment

• ^Don't worry. Probably nothing would happen, but remember External's problems with Rammstein management. http://affenknecht.com/forum/showthr...ll=1#post22810

Comment

• ^Yeah, after what happened a few years ago, we will never stop being paranoid and overly careful.
                                "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

Working...
                                X