Lindemann: Till's solo project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Salmari View Post
    . I'm not even that eager to get my hands on a live DVD which is based on a 5-year old performance (Madison Square Garden). Even the newer show from Bercy would be three years old, IF they'd release the DVDs this year. What a joke.
    I agree, I seriously doubt I'll buy them. I'm very sure I wont buy both.

Comment

• Originally posted by Salmari View Post
      I remember the producer Stefan Glaumann posting to his Facebook about mixing the audio for Rammstein's Live DVD concert in Paris. Only that it was posted in August 2012, for fuck sake. To me the whole Rammstein management is only making a fool of themselves. I'm not even that eager to get my hands on a live DVD which is based on a 5-year old performance (Madison Square Garden). Even the newer show from Bercy would be three years old, IF they'd release the DVDs this year. What a joke.

As for Lindemann, I'm curious about it, but somehow I think it won't be my cup of tea. I don't like the idea of Till singing in English because it does not sound very good in Rammstein. I don't like PAIN very much, and the album art and the names of the tracks are somehow lame, too weird and maybe a bit childish from some perspective.

The audio teaser for Lindemann is decent, but I don't know if it's just me or does the quality of the sound/audio suck. The guitars and drums sound kind of messy, like playing 96kbps music.

But still, eagerly waiting for what's to come. Maybe it's the best thing ever.
      I am so glad to see more people sharing the same thoughs as I regarding this whole clusterfuck about the DVD's and Lindemann. Finally somebody else calls Peter and Till out on those silly photoshoots.
      "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• ^ While I don't completely agree with everything Snake and Salmari said, I can understand your frustration. A movie can take a lot of time to make. If it's an independent production or a gigantic ground-breaking special effects beast (like "Avatar" for instance) it can even today take up to 3-4 years to get it finished. That being said, the standard big studio productions takes anything from 16-25 months of production until lt get's released these days. Usually the studios want to keep the release date, and don't want to delay anything too much. Although there are some wierd exceptions.

That being said, concert movies are a totally different story. They are usually shot in one or two days, which leaves them with a limited supply of visual and audio material. So the only thing which needs to be done, is post-production (editing, mixing and compositing). With the money and recourses Rammstein got, this should'nt take more than a couple of months. Metallica usually release their DVD's the same year the concert took place, only some months after it.

Rammstein are either waiting for the PERFECT financial release, or they threw all the filmed material on a shelf and only started working on it last years. The comments of Stefan Glaubmann give the first scenario more credibility in my opinion.

As for Lindemann, I do think that a few of the pictures are very funny. Although they do have that very polished and fake looking photoshop-look to it. I really hope that they put some money into this project. What I love about Rammstein is their production value. While you may dislike some of their videos and cover arts, you have to admit that they always put some money and time into it. The fact that they got a world famous artist like Eugenio Recuenco to work on something as simple as a single and album cover is quite stunning if you think about it.

That being said, I don't mind some of the over-the-top humor. There is a little 14-year old in us all. The one I got is slowly trying to get control over me, so I guess that's why I enjoy the photos and lyrics of Lindemann so far. That being said, I always like if there is a bit of meaningful substance behind all the perversity and adult material. With Rammstein I see a lot of that. I just hope Lindemann has some of that as well.
        Last edited by Chrisss Nofff; 03-20-2015, 09:50 PM.

Comment

• Some people (not all of them!) here are not eager to buy a DVD with 4-5 year old material while only 2 weeks ago they talked about even older concerts that should be on a DVD. Weird...

I'm quite convinced I'll buy both of the DVD's. Rammstein didn't let me down so far (not by when it comes to DVD's), so why would it now? Age doesn't say anything about the quality of the production. And so many bands release material (even live material) that's way older, so why wouyld it suddenly be a problem with Rammstein? It's quite a common thing in the music world.

As for Lindemann... it really could go either way, but I trust this as well. I estimate all Till's work high so far (even his acting), so I don't see a problem. The info we got so far from this project is a bit weird though, I'll give you that.
          Dort wo der Horizont
          Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
          Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
          Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

• I want to buy all the DVDs the band has planned to release this year. Mostly because I trust in Rammstein giving us high quality products. They don't strike me as a band which repeatedly releases rushed material until the fans at some point get tired.

That being said, I really hope the DVDs are somewhat like Völkerball, in the sense that we get more than just one concert movie. The special edition of Völkerball contained two DVDs. One with 140 minutes of concert footage (one full feature + bonus clips from other shows), the other with two documentaries. In addition we got a audio CD.

For instance, the New York DVD should in my opinion show us more than just the Madison Square Garden performance. There was talk about Rammstein having filmed the Liebe ist für alle da album production. Because of that, rumors quickly came the this DVD would contain a "making of LIFAD"-documentary. That should definitly be on there. In addition, there were some cameras spotted at different concerts througout the South America tour. Like during one of their Mexico shows in 2010. However chances are they want to keep that material for the official documentary they are making.

That being said, wasn't there talk about three DVD's? Unless the documentary about Rammstein in America is supposed to get a direct to DVD release, they also plan to release another one. On the other hand, what's the point of getting so hyped. Once the DVDs come out, many of us will just watch it for 1-2 weeks before blasting Live aus Berlin​ again .
            Last edited by Chrisss Nofff; 03-21-2015, 05:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrisss Nofff View Post
              I want to buy all the DVDs the band has planned to release this year. Mostly because I trust in Rammstein giving us high quality products. They don't strike me as a band which repeatedly releases rushed material until the fans at some point get tired.
              Agreed. They are actually quiet the opposite: they keep delaying their stuff to the point of breaking our patience, and by the time they actually release their stuff, we either a) don't care about it anymore, or b) the end result is below our expectations, even if the production values are good.
              "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• ^So you're referring to yourself in the we-form now, are you .
                Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

• ^No, I'm just describing what I expect everybody will feel like if/when the DVDs are out.

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• ^Losing interest I can agree too. Although that says a lot about patience as well. If you compare them to any other band of equal age and fame, they are really not an exception.
                    Foretelling content / quality can be dangerous. I think it often leads to making up your mind already. And above all, just don't go wild on expectations, as that too could tell more about the fan than the music or the band. Makes me wonder if they would bring out Sehnsucht now instead of as their 2nd record, people would still think it's any good...
                    Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

• ^Very interesting statements Waidmann! I agree a lot.

No matter how well a band performs or no matter how well their new material sells, fans and critics always like to pull the "they were better in the old days" card. To some degree, I don't really think it has to do a lot about the actual band. I think it depends a lot more on timing and culture.

First of all, first impressions are often the strongest impressions. In other words, people like to praise Herzeleid and Sehnsucht because people never heard Industrial metal like that before. In addition, every other album failed to suprise mainstream audiences the same way, since we already heard Rammstein's core sound.

The other thing is, trends and common tastes change all the time. My theory for Rammstein's success is that they caught on the Nu-metal wave. While Rammstein has few similarites with Limp Bizcit, Korn, Linkin Park or Slipknot, the fans probably heard to those artists in the 90s as well.
                      Last edited by Chrisss Nofff; 03-21-2015, 08:44 PM.

Comment

• According to promoter AJ Maddah, there is a chance that either Emigrate or Lindemann gets to play at Soundwave Festival next year (but no chance regarding Rammstein).

source: http://musicfeeds.com.au/news/anothe...oundwave-2016/

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• 2016 is completely open...

And maybe the others will have side projects too, who knows.

Comment

• If they start pre-production after the September meeting, as mentioned by both Till and RZK, I doubt this will happen. But the promoter is free to dream

Comment

• ^I read this earlier. I am not sure what to make of his comment. Does he mean that Rammstein's managment has contacted him and said that Rammstein is not touring, but Emigrate and Lindemann are? Or did he just assume that Rammstein is not touring (because of their statements in interviews) in early 2016, but opens the opportunity for smaller bands like Lindemann or Emigrate to join the festival?

Either way, despite his comments I don't like to exclude the idea of Rammstein maybe touring in 2016 (mid summer or fall/winter in that case). In addition, in a new shortened version of Metal Hammer's Lindemann article (link) ,it said that the band has "promised" to tour with this album. It seems that Lindemann might actually tour (something I never expected).
                              Last edited by Chrisss Nofff; 03-23-2015, 07:53 PM.

Comment

• I would be more surprised if Emigrate went on tour than I would if Lindemann did.

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

Working...
                                X