No announcement yet.

Lindemann: Till's solo project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^Interesting that it confirms a planned break for two years...

Gotta like this quote from the article:
    “It's a baby between Rammstein and PAIN – at least, it's a mix of Rammstein vocals and PAIN music,” Till assures us. “Peter's a real metalhead and I'm into this gothic thing. I know a lot of hardcore Rammstein fans may not like it because they'll miss the German language and harsh sounds, but this is a side project and I bring a lot of personality into my half. There's a lot of different colours to this record.”
    Last edited by EmeraldRose; 03-19-2015, 06:31 PM.

Comment

• ^^Thanks for the article Snake! There's a lot of good information here. Near the end, he again mentions Rammstein going to pre-production. Looks like the rumors from a few weeks were at least not totally made up. They had a little truth in them.

On the other hand, he (Till) makes sure not to confirm anything. However it definitly looks like they want to do something.

Comment

• Heh. That's a really great article! Really a lot of information in there about Lindemann and Rammstein. Sounds like more coming from Lindemann in the future (which given how much is out there from Pain, I am not surprised) and that something will be starting up with Rammstein maybe next year? That's what I took anyway...

Heh..."the fire-breathing, dildo-wielding elephant snoozing in the corner of the room"

Comment

• The only thing that annoyes me is..............not even a f*cking mentioning of the Live-DVD's . I think the eternal forces of the universe have finally decided that releasing these DVD's is against the laws of existence.

Comment

• ^At this point, I am starting to think the live DVDs are just a urban myth.

On a side note, is refreshing to read an article about a side project belonging to a rammstein member in which said member does not take shots at how Rammstein works.
            "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• Originally posted by Snake View Post
              ^At this point, I am starting to think the live DVDs are just a urban myth.
              Hahaha! Well that is reasonable.

Comment

On a side note, is refreshing to read an article about a side project belonging to a rammstein member in which said member does not take shots at how Rammstein works.
                I always enjoy your subtle RZK bashing

Comment

• ^I would say he earned it.
                  "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrisss Nofff View Post
                    I always enjoy your subtle RZK bashing
                    Given that he's RZK's biggest fanboy.

But yes, it is nice to read such a good article. I found myself laughing a lot! Especially as he seems a bit...well...not concerned, but sort of wondering how the non-German fans will take the lyrics being in English. It doesn't really sound like it's anything shockingly new, just his regular poetry. Which in Rammstein songs is just taken as being Rammstein. But in English, will it cause outrage?

We can only hope so.

Still...not going to be able to blast it with my kids around. It's one thing for me to know what they are singing about, and another altogether for my kids to know. At least for now. They can listen to whatever they want when they get older.

Comment

^At this point, I am starting to think the live DVDs are just a urban myth.
                      Haha, that's so true! Or maybe the legend of live DVDs?

That article truly saved my day. It was funny to read and it's so nice to hear at least something about Rammsteins future. Now I can't wait anymore! I'm sure Tills lyrics will be good in English, but I still have my doubts about his singing in English.
                      So much good news

Comment

• Here's a translation of yesterday's Metal Hammer article: http://www.rammstein.us/archives/11837

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• You know, I heard a rumour that if you stand in front of a mirror and say "Rammstein Live DVD" five times....Fuck all happens!
                          So, it would appear that the rumour's based on fact.

Comment

• Originally posted by Art in Heaven View Post
                            You know, I heard a rumour that if you stand in front of a mirror and say "Rammstein Live DVD" five times....Fuck all happens!
                            So, it would appear that the rumour's based on fact.
                            I just tried with the same result, so it must be true

Comment

• So when Rammstein was in Sweden, Till already said to Pater that Rammstein would take a two year-break... A little heads up to us would've been nice, Till !

I don't think the band members of Rammstein have anything to do anymore with that DVD for many many months... . They're probably waiting themselves for the studio the inform them when it's a wrap. When they last mentioned it, it was probably not so long after all the shootings and rerecordings.

Really excited about Lindemann now. The interview implies we can expect some typical Till-stuff, which puts my mind at ease.
                              Dort wo der Horizont
                              Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
                              Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
                              Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

• I remember the producer Stefan Glaumann posting to his Facebook about mixing the audio for Rammstein's Live DVD concert in Paris. Only that it was posted in August 2012, for fuck sake. To me the whole Rammstein management is only making a fool of themselves. I'm not even that eager to get my hands on a live DVD which is based on a 5-year old performance (Madison Square Garden). Even the newer show from Bercy would be three years old, IF they'd release the DVDs this year. What a joke.

As for Lindemann, I'm curious about it, but somehow I think it won't be my cup of tea. I don't like the idea of Till singing in English because it does not sound very good in Rammstein. I don't like PAIN very much, and the album art and the names of the tracks are somehow lame, too weird and maybe a bit childish from some perspective.

The audio teaser for Lindemann is decent, but I don't know if it's just me or does the quality of the sound/audio suck. The guitars and drums sound kind of messy, like playing 96kbps music.

But still, eagerly waiting for what's to come. Maybe it's the best thing ever.
                                Last edited by Salmari; 03-20-2015, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X