No announcement yet.

Lindemann: Till's solo project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^Which means that, if they actually play live, they will have to bring in people to play with them. As for the rumous saying Till sings in english, I think they are likely to be true.
    "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

^^ Till singing completely in English is a thought that's a little hard for me to get used to. I mean everyone in Rammstein says his true talents are in writing German lyrics. His singing in "Stripped" is very good in my opinion, even live. In "Pussy" you definitly heard his accent (espacially live), although maybe that was intentional. However I think Till, just like Tägtgren, can hide his accent by mostly singing in a deep voice and screaming/growling. Which makes sense since he is working together with a death metal artist.

That being said, a soft and slow ballad in English would be the hardest for him to pull off I think. It could be interesting, but it would be painful to see it fail completely. Although even the hardest and heaviest Rammstein records have at least 1-2 ballads, I don't think Lindemann will have one.
      Last edited by Chrisss Nofff; 03-14-2015, 07:43 PM.

Comment

^ Some people in Facebook say that Richard has told in interview that Till is singing in English. I don't know what interview they mean, I haven't seen any and I actually believe there is no interview at all. Just a rumor maybe.
        First I was sure Till is going to sing in German, but now I feel like it's going to be in English.

Comment

I found some Lindemann news again.

The next issue of Metal Hammer will contain a segment about the Lindemann project. You can see that here. The issue will be released on Wednesday 18.03.15 (which is tomorrow). They wrote "In our studio-report you can find out how the collaberation between Rammstein's vocalist and Peter Tägtgren sounds."
          Last edited by Chrisss Nofff; 03-17-2015, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisss Nofff View Post
            Rammstein's vocalist and Peter Tägtgren
            so they thought Peter Tägtgren is more recognizable by his name than his place in a band? its just kindof weird somehow how they refer to them differently.

wells anyway, i like how Till has white hair (still) or how to say... i thought there was a better word for that. (a more specific one, that implies its becouse of old-ness. at least we have a word for that.)
            while other bands try to stay young looking and copy their past selves, this makes me not be afraid, or how to say, that this will happen..

sorry i didnt really talk to anyone for two months. i spent the two months fixing things that bothered me for two years. and i spent literally every day wholly with that.. or how to say. meanwhile, people fucked up other things though. there was even a rebellion or revolution kind of thin g in my school.

wells cyas

Comment

Originally posted by You View Post
              so they thought Peter Tägtgren is more recognizable by his name than his place in a band? its just kindof weird somehow how they refer to them differently.
              That surprises me too, maybe it's because they think many people know the band's name but not Till's or to be found in the searches.....

Originally posted by You View Post
              sorry i didnt really talk to anyone for two months. i spent the two months fixing things that bothered me for two years. and i spent literally every day wholly with that.. or how to say. meanwhile, people fucked up other things though. there was even a rebellion or revolution kind of thin g in my school.
              Hope you could fix them, survived to the rebellion and now feel better.

Comment

^Without reading too much into it, I think they just referred to Till as "Rammstein vocalist" because the sentence would sound a little clunky if they would have read his full name. "Lindemann: Starring Till Lindemann and Peter Tägtgren(...)" Does not sound so well.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisss Nofff View Post
                  ^Without reading too much into it, I think they just referred to Till as "Rammstein vocalist" because the sentence would sound a little clunky if they would have read his full name. "Lindemann: Starring Till Lindemann and Peter Tägtgren(...)" Does not sound so well.
                  Lindemann
                  In our studio-report you can find out how the collaboration between Till Lindemann and Peter Tägtgren sounds.

Lindemann is the title, it doesn't sound very bad for me, but maybe you are right.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake View Post
                    ^As for the rumous saying Till sings in english, I think they are likely to be true.
                    The Metal Hammer​ article has now confirmed that Till sings in English.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrisss Nofff View Post
                      The Metal Hammer​ article has now confirmed that Till sings in English.
                      Hmm...I will go check it out. I'm a little conflicted if he is singing in English. I love Till's voice, and would prefer to hear him sing in German, but I also love how growly he gets on the songs I've heard in English...

I guess if he is trying to do something of a different sound than Rammstein, singing in English would be it. Sort of like Richard only singing in English for Emigrate.

Comment

• ^I think he sings in English because:

1 - He wants it to sound drastically different from Rammstein.
                        2 - So that he and Peter can sing together.
                        3 - Maybe Peter Tägtgren writes a few of the lyrics.
                        4 - He simply wants the product to be more internationally accepted, and in addition want's to try sonething different.

That being said, I still hold my opinion on that Till's English is at best when he is singing in a deep voice and growling/screaming. I think you can hear that in "Stripped" very well.

Comment

• ^ Oh I definitely agree, I prefer his deep growly voice to his whispery voice. Either way, we will know more in a couple months.

Comment

• ^Till already has plenty of international accepting. He can hardly get more than what he already got, even singing in english.
                            "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• Originally posted by Snake View Post
                              ^Till already has plenty of international accepting. He can hardly get more than what he already got, even singing in english.
                              Ok, I have to admit that you're right. However, the fact that Till Lindemann's audience now have it easier to understand some of his lyrics might help get it more attention. I think that Rammstein's German lyrics and Till's voice are undoubtedly their biggest musical trademarks. If you remove one of them, I don't now how many people would still be interested.

That's why I am excited to see how the English speaking metal community (fans form England and the U.S for instance) will react to it. Will they prefer to finally understand him, or think that without his German lyrics he is less interesting?
                              Last edited by Chrisss Nofff; 03-18-2015, 04:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrisss Nofff View Post
                                Ok, I have to admit that you're right. However, the fact that Till Lindemann's audience now have it easier to understand some of his lyrics might help get it more attention. I think that Rammstein's German lyrics and Till's voice are undoubtedly their biggest musical trademarks. If you remove one of them, I don't now how many people would still be interested.

That's why I am excited to see how the English speaking metal community (fans form England and the U.S for instance) will react to it. Will they prefer to finally understand him, or think that without his German lyrics he is less interesting?
                                I think there are more Rammstein fans that can't understand the lyrics, than fans who can.

Comment

Working...
                                X