Lindemann: Till's solo project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Rose View Post
    ^^ It's not much of a give-away. It could go in any direction.
    x2 Joooooooooooo

Comment

The teaser doesn't suck, but also doesn't sound like anything special or inovative. I never though I would say this, but the first teaser for SSL was much more promising than this one is for L.
      "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

^I don't agree! But it's all about opinions here. I think this sounds more underground, dark, symphonic and enigmatic than the relatively poppy mainstream first teaser of Emigrate. No, this darkness is way more attractive to me ... Till was often the one who brought epicness, while Richard just wanted to do rock n' roll, and these teaser could indicate this as well (although it's of course way too short to be certain).
        Dort wo der Horizont
        Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
        Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
        Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

^The first SSL teaser did not sound like pop, it sounded pretty much like a MM song (which it actually did turned out to be exactly that).
          "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

Ow, you're right, the one I had in mind was a fragment from Eat You Alive... The first one was indeed from Hypothetical! Still prefer this little Lindemann- bit though (it's close to many of the smaller metal bands I listen too).
            Dort wo der Horizont
            Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
            Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
            Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

CeDe store already has the album available for pre-purchase, with a release date for May 15th: http://www.cede.ch/de/music/?branch_...21&view=detail

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

Lindemann's FB page is already verified and just passed 50.000 likes.

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

so noone else is bothered by the name?... okay im asking this without reading the other pages though
                  maybe i dont know anymore but.. isnt he called Lindemann? so this is some kind of autobiography album? and he isnt even working alone right?
                  so this is pretty weird. i could accept it if it was called anything else

Comment

^Yes, given that this project is a colaboration and not actually a solo effort, the name is kinda meh. On the other hand, he is the singer/frontman of the project.

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

He is not the first to use his own name as a "band-name", and we don't really know how much a collaboration it is or if he is definitely calling the shots. But my guess is, he has the final word, since he is using his own name.

Comment

He may be intending it as a one shot thing, and so then using his last name might make perfect sense to him. It'd be interesting to find out their creative process after it's released. I wonder if they will do something like Emigrate did and release webcasts about the making of?

Comment

Originally posted by EmeraldRose View Post
                          He may be intending it as a one shot thing, and so then using his last name might make perfect sense to him. It'd be interesting to find out their creative process after it's released. I wonder if they will do something like Emigrate did and release webcasts about the making of?
                          I think I have to agree with EmeraldRose on a few things. No official statement has confirmed that Lindemann is an actual band. Everyone, including Warner Bros. has called it a project or album. That being said, there is a good chance of this only being an experiment between Till Lindemann and Peter Tägtren.

I know it's a little early since there still is no official interview for this project, but I would already say that Lindemann is only the name of the album and it is more of a "one-shot" - experiment. Now I know that a lot of bands name their debut album after the band's own name ( like with "Emigrate" or "Slipknot"), but I still doubt that Lindemann is a band. Then again, it all depends on what your exact definition of a band is.

Comment

^The title available at CeDe.ch actually supports that theory, if their info is accurate.

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

Originally posted by Snake View Post
                              ^The title available at CeDe.ch actually supports that theory, if their info is accurate.
                              If their information is legit, then they have told us quite a lot about this project. Not only do they tell us that this is just a project, but they also claim that the album is "Heavy/Hard Rock". While people don't always agree over what genre certain music belongs to, if this is indeed true, I would be quite suprised. Judging by the teaser sample and the involvmemt of Tägtren (who usually does death metal and industrial metal), I expected the music to be alternativ metal with a bit of death metal vibe in it. The fact that it is labeled as heavy/hard rock suprises me.

Than again I doubt that anyone outside Warner Bros. and the musicians and their family/friends, have heard this album. So maybe CeDe.ch are just guessing the genre this music is. We just have to wait and find out.
                              Last edited by Chrisss Nofff; 03-04-2015, 12:26 AM.

Comment

Here is a bit of news/speculation I picked up lately. It's nothing spectacular, so don't expect much.

Although we still have not heard anything about the interview with Till Lindemann and Peter Tägtgren by the magazine Hardforce, the website has added a bit of information about the project. They updatet the line-up and wrote:

Till Lindemann: Vocals
                                Peter Tägtgren: Guitar, Bass, Drums and Synthesizer

Now we can probably expect that Lindemann and Tägtgren are the only two people who are mainly involved in this. I guess this supports my theory on Lindemann not being strictly a band, but more of a collaberation album. Here is the link.

In addition, several fansites and forums all the sudden claim that Till sings in English. Nothing is confirmed, and no one seems to cite a source. At this point it's just a rumor. However someone at Warne Bros. might have leaked some information by accident. Who knows, I am just suprised that so many people all the sudden claim the same thing. Then again rumors spread like cancer.
                                Last edited by Chrisss Nofff; 03-14-2015, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X