Lindemann: Till's solo project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chrisss Nofff View Post
    I wasn’t a big fan of the short film. I also did not understand the plot-twist. Was the judge the actual killer? Did she commit suicide by blowing up her car? Or was Till’s wife the killer, because of the red scarf and the letter in their living room? Either way, I understood that part of the twist was that Till was actually innocent.

I also hope this was the last of the Soviet/Russia oriented videoes. Although there is probably one still coming. The one that was filmed at the Moscow Zoo.
    I could live with more Russian elements if it would be some kind of theme of the upcoming record or so. But I hope he as well he won't restrict himself to this theme for the rest of the Till Lindemann project.
    Dort wo der Horizont
    Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
    Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
    Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

• Till Lindemann is shooting a video with French singer Zaz for "Le Jardin des Larmes" in Uzbekistan. Filming will take place in Bukhara within three days and it's supported by Uzbekistan's Ministry of Tourism and Sports. The video will feature theater actors and stuntmen from Bukhara and will be filmed by a Russian film crew. According to our sources, the director of the video is Zoran Bihać. Further, the song was reported to also contain a few German lines sung by Till despite the fact that the song is being sung in French.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/24353793579...877159236/?d=n

Comment

• https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/pe...of-tea-at-all/

So we finally got an answer why the Lindemann project was ended. Tägtgren said the tour "was not my cup of tea at all".

Sad to hear. But I guess we all had a feeling that Till's sexual humor was too much for Peter. I also got the slight feeling that in the "F & M"-cycle, Lindemann was more a collaboration between Till Lindemann and Zoran Bihac. Peter was in a way left out.

Anyway, so now we finally have an answer, albeit an expected one.

Comment

• With Till the End he crossed another line too, not surprised at all, probably he went alone for the same reasons.

Comment

• Peter on last Lindemann tour: 'Not my cup of tea*
            I'm not surprised, it felt more like Till going through a very public mid-life crisis.
            https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/pe...of-tea-at-all/

Comment

• ^Those images aren't my cup of tea either, just like all the R-rated elements to be honest. I watched the DVD once, and now I play it in the background, but just listen to it without watching XD

But it's a bit weird though, for Peter to put it like that. It seems like there was no dialogue between the two. It's hard to imagine that Till would really impose this kind of show (or any show) on the band. It sounds more like Peter let Till do whatever he felt like and in the end concluded that he didn't like it. Though what part exactly, I'm not entirely sure, because he didn't really say. The interviewer talked about the schocking images, and I guess Peter's talking about that, but still... Much of that filth was already there in the first record and tour. Maybe he had enough of it but Till didn't. But still: now Till has gone solo, we got stuff that's much more mature...
              I think it's going on longer than it seems. I think some decisions were made right after or during the recording of the second album. It always struck me that, when asked about why the track Sauber isn't on F&M, Peter answered that Till might still do something with it in the future. He almost anounced Till's plans to do solo stuff with this remark.

Obviously, it seems like it's an awkward thing for Peter to talk about. I hope things get more clarified later on, but the fact we never had an official reason so far implies that it's somewhat of a complicated situation.
              Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

• I think it's always been Till who has done the visuals. The cover notes for Skills in Pills said so if I remember correctly. Second time around he went more extreme. There have been interviews from the shooting of Platz Einz especially, were it was said that Peter mostly stayed away and seemed uncomfortable or uninterested. Also he was barely seen in Knebel, and not at all in Ach so Gern. The videos seemed more like Till/Zoran than Till/Peter.
                So maybe the partnership wasn't so equal as we believed at first, and Peter got tired of delivering background music to a Till show?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rose View Post
                  I think it's always been Till who has done the visuals. The cover notes for Skills in Pills said so if I remember correctly. Second time around he went more extreme. There have been interviews from the shooting of Platz Einz especially, were it was said that Peter mostly stayed away and seemed uncomfortable or uninterested. Also he was barely seen in Knebel, and not at all in Ach so Gern. The videos seemed more like Till/Zoran than Till/Peter.
                  So maybe the partnership wasn't so equal as we believed at first, and Peter got tired of delivering background music to a Till show?
                  Probably you are right, I was really surprised when I listened to the second álbum and it was in german, during the promotion or the first one, he said that he wrote the first song in English so Peter could understand it. I think this is the quote you were talking about:

“The pair leave their mark on everything that is Lindemann, but there is a bit of a division of labor between the two. Tägtgren focuses on musical composition, while Till lends his sharp eye to the band's visual aesthetic, from photography and design to their mind-bendingly surreal music videos, the most recent of which being the extremely bloody and sexually explicit "Knebel" clip“

Comment

• ^You both are probably right. The enthusiasm of Peter was huge at the beginning of the project (a bit over the top IMO), but was practically absent after the 2nd record. I think the german language played a role as well. I think the strict division was an error to begin with. Strictly speaking they could still do a record together, as Peter's critics in the interview were only about the show, but I don't think so. It's ashame they didn't come to a mutual agreement for the future, because I like Peter's work on Lindemann. Because it's not like Till couldn't do his own stuff in another project of his own if he wanted to.
                    Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

• Till Lindemann will perform at the Spasskaya tower festival in Moscow on September 4th and 5th.

Source: https://spasstower.ru/en/news/20210818135/

I guess his Russia love is still strong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrisss Nofff View Post
                        Till Lindemann will perform at the Spasskaya tower festival in Moscow on September 4th and 5th.

Source: https://spasstower.ru/en/news/20210818135/

I guess his Russia love is still strong.
                        Why? Full title of the festival is the Spasskaya Tower International Military Music Festival. Just look at the line-up: https://spasstower.ru/en/program/

He seems to be making some strange choices lately I think. You can also buy dinner with him in Moscow for the 'cheap' prize of 100,000 Euros!

Comment

• I'm really surprised, he is in the closing ceremony, I wonder who are the artists of the other eight shows.

He hasn't post about it on his pages.
                          Last edited by Maya; 08-19-2021, 01:12 AM.

Comment

• Seems like Till is getting embroiled in Russian politics, willing or unwillingly:

"On Saturday night, police came to the hotel room where Till Lindemann, was staying. The artist came to Russia to give a concert in the Tver region at the invitation of businessman Maxim Larin.

Larin himself explained the problems with the concert by pressure from local authorities, who fear that it might be perceived as campaigning for the Rodina Party. Larin declined to give any details about what happened at the Zavidovo hotel, explaining that he had to check with Lindemann's team first.

"Lindemann was issued an injunction not to violate anti-COVID measures in connection with the alleged concert in the Tver region, which was planned despite restrictions on holding public events. Investigation measures were carried out "as part of the application," without specifying which statement they were referring to.

Lindemann is to perform at the festival "Maklarin for Motherland" on August 29, in honor of the anniversary of the local beer holding company "Afanasy" and its head Maxim Larin.

The media wrote that Larin is running on behalf of the Rodina party for the regional parliament, but he himself told that it's actually his son who is running. However, the businessman was previously a local legislature member from this party.

Larin wrote: "It's a pity that the birthday of the holding and mine have been wrapped up in politics and destroyed."
                            According to Larin, the local authorities did not like the name of the festival "Maklarin for Rodina," since it might refer to the name of the party. The businessman himself insists, however, that this event is exclusively "patriotically oriented".

Faced with pressure, the businessman, according to him, was no longer able to change the branding of the event. Then he appealed to visitors to the festival with a request not to come in branded T-shirts, so as "not to cause associations with politics.

According to the businessman, currently "officers in plain clothes" do not allow Lindemann to hold a rehearsal: "Before entering the holding, the police stop all the trucks with the equipment."

On Saturday morning Larin posted a photo of the musician with people in plainclothes on his VK page, writing, "Friends, we couldn't hide Lindemann and his band. They were found and are being pressed now." He later deleted the post.

Earlier, the band Bi-2, which was supposed to headline the festival, announced the cancellation of the concert "due to a warning about the inadmissibility of the event, received by the group from the local authorities." A few days later, Larin announced that Till Lindemann would perform and offered to hold the concert "without the smack of politics."

Anar Reiband, manager of Till Lindemann may be deported from Russia for violating the migration regime, an administrative case has been opened against him, Interfax reported, citing a source in the law enforcement agencies.

"Reiband was detained as part of administrative proceedings. When crossing the Russian border, he stated the purpose of the trip was tourism, although in fact he was organizing concert activities," the report said.
                            Till Lindemann himself was issued a prescription to prevent the violation of anti-COVID measures at the planned concert in the Tver region.

"Materials have been sent to the Konakovo city court. If the court finds Reiband guilty, he faces placement in a temporary detention center for migrants and deportation from the Russian Federation," the report stated."

Source: BBC Russia, Gazeta.ru

https://www.facebook.com/rammwiki/po...55093344640289
                            Last edited by The Rose; 08-28-2021, 11:39 PM.

Comment

• Maybe this will mean the - for many fans long awaited (not me) - end of Till's Russian adventures .

Not that I'm an expert on Russia, but things often evolve to this, when you're connecting with officials, high society or do anything publicly in Russia: it gets polticized very quickly, and then you don't knwo what's going to happen to you. Many bands just go, do their gig an leave. The fans are amazing, but one must really be carefull of what you're doing besides of the stage. I agree that Russia has been very good to his current solo project and Lindemann before that. They seem to really like to fund whatever Till is doing over there, and so far IMO it has been great. But it's still Russia, and one has to be carefull. If I were him, I'd finish this gig and would get out of there.
                              Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

• I would leave ASAP but probably he won’t, he has to perform in the festival in Moscú next week.

Comment

Working...
                                X