Lindemann: Till's solo project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Salmari View Post
    The links at the top of the page don't even work for me so I can't subscribe to the newsletter, but the instrumental is already on Youtube. It sounds OK.
    you just scroll down, then you'll get to where you can sign up.

Originally posted by Salmari View Post
    Well, I've had a long day, ,aybe I just hate everything at the moment and should go to sleep if off
    Do that, you'll feel better in the morning I'm sure. Sweet dreams

Comment

• @ Salmari- Nothing wrong with not liking it. We all have different tastes. I sort of figured what Golden Shower would be about just from the title as well. My only real concern is that with Rammstein I don't have to worry about my kids understanding what the lyrics are. With Lindemann...this will be a very big issue. It's part of why I am likely just going to download from iTunes...Not ready for discussions about the art and stuff with my kids.

Originally posted by The Rose View Post
      ^Well they just liked the feel and sound, but couldn't be bothered to check out the lyrics. Till mentions this in one of the interviews, where he says something like"many people will be surprised now they are able to understand the words". I can see him with a wry grin when he's saying this
      I don't understand not wanting to know what they are singing about or not caring...that's part of what makes the band who they are. Though to be fair, once I've looked up the translations, my understanding is very general. There's a few words I know now, but still not many...

And yes...definitely a devilish grin.

Comment

• Man, I think both snippets actually sound great! So much better than I thought! I actually really liked that Golden Shower-bit. I know it strikes people as very explicit, but as my german is slightly better than my english (which you all frequently and annoyingly can witness through my many grammar and spelling mistakes here ), it's not as confronting to me as it seems to many.
        And I thought both were sung with a lot of feelings and passion, especially those epic-sounding backing vocals on Golden Shower. It's classic Till-writing, singing and I love it! You can definetly hear he's no native speaker, but that doesn't bother me. On the contrary, maybe it shouldn't be all too clean anyway, it "fits" somehow, I don't know how to put it.
        Great instrumentals too, although that wasn't the biggest revelation to me. It all sounds very promising to me.
        The mix indeed doesn't sound too clean... Maybe it's a bit on purpose, giving it a punky-edge? To be fair, I noticed but didn't mind.
        Dort wo der Horizont
        Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
        Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
        Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

• Listening a 5th time...
          "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• Originally posted by Snake View Post
            Listening a 5th time...
            Fanboy ALERT!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Snake View Post
              I can't believe I am saying this, but... I *liked* the instrumental.

Holy shit, I LIKED IT!
              What did you expect?

The song “Skills in Pills” talks about drugs, doesn’t it?

(T) “Today there is so much designed or synthetic drugs that can get you high… they have become fashionable with the “Breaking Bad” series and it seems everyone wants to make their own drug at home. They use any chemical substance that crosses their mind, and like alchemists, they experiment in the basement with lethal cocktails. The result: they end destroyed physically and mentally in a few years, it’s crazy! On the other hand, it’s ironic that even heroin comes from natural sources, as is the poppy in its case.”
              It's BB related

Comment

• - ¿cuándo podremos ver a RAMMSTEIN de vuelta a España?

Till.- Pues en 2016 entraremos al estudio y será en 2017 cuando seguramente saquemos nuestro disco y nos veamos en España, pero es demasiado pronto aún para confirmar nada al cien por cien.
                http://www.rafabasa.com/2015/05/21/e...nda-lindemann/

Rammstein will be back to studio in 2016!!!!!!!
                Last edited by Maya; 05-22-2015, 01:12 AM.

Comment

• He seems very confident about them releasing a new record. If we sum up everything he has said so far, this could be a possible plan:

- Late 2015: Pre-production and rehearsels for the new album.
                  - 2016: Recording and maybe mixing
                  - 2017: If they are quick this time we might get a spring release like Mutter. If they need a lot of time the will release it in fall like most Rammstein albums.
                  - Late 2017 and 2018: Next Rammstein tour.

Once again it sounds credible, however I do really wonder what was up with Flake announcing a 2016 tour all the sudden. Maybe they do want to tour, but only between the rehearsing and recording stages (like they used to). Then again, the interviewer did ask when we were going to see Rammstein in Spain again, and Till answered 2017. Confusing all together.

Unless we get a official statment from the homepage, I am holding on to my excitment.
                  Last edited by Chrisss Nofff; 05-22-2015, 01:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrisss Nofff View Post
                    Once again it sounds credible, however I do really wonder what was up with Flake announcing a 2016 tour all the sudden. Maybe they do want to tour, but only between the rehearsing and recording stages (like they used to). Then again, the interviewer did ask when we were going to see Rammstein in Spain again, and Till answered 2017. Confusing all together.

Unless we get a official statment from the homepage, I am holding on to my excitment.
                    Well, we don't really know what Flake said. Maybe some overeager fan over-interpreted the ususal: We meet in September-answer

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rose View Post
                      Well, we don't really know what Flake said. Maybe some overeager fan over-interpreted the ususal: We meet in September-answer
                      Exactly, I haven't been able to find any specific quotes to what he said. However, on some German speaking forums, something like 6-9 users said they attended the hearings. In addition, both on Facebook and RammsteinAustria people started to write about what they heard Flake say. Some of these users were sceptical at first, but then they actually attended to a hearing themselves and confirmed what other had said.

To be honest, I am still sceptical about this. The only reason why I think Flake said something, is because so many people on so many different platforms have said the same thing. Either way, your right about waiting for September.

Comment

• Moreover, as I understood Till and Peter decided to tour, and we do not know for how long, and this may affect the beginning of the pre production, and then a chain of delays would happen.
                        Ich tu' dir weh, tut mir nicht Leid, das tut dir gut

Comment

• Originally posted by EmeraldRose View Post
                          @ Salmari- Nothing wrong with not liking it. We all have different tastes.
                          Haha. The problem is that I actually have waited for this release more than any other release, maybe besides the latest Eisbrecher album, and so far the snippets and trailers have been convincing. It's a very big disappointment not to like the latest samples from the album.

Maybe the biggest disappointment and the biggest fear for me are the stories of the songs. If Golden Shower - as I feared - really is about sexual fetish for peeing, then Fat must have something to do with sex with obese women, and Praise Abort something about having casual sex without protection and then just ending the pregnancy with clean conscience. Does not require much imagination to get what Ladyboy will be about.

As for Rammstein, the shock value of the songs worked (even if you read the english translations), since they were written cleverly, adult way, and the stories were about quite rare things, like cannibalism, necrophilia, incest and other stuff like that. And there was no cursing or very "bad" words used. Now we have songs about peeing-fetish sung in a very explicit way. I just can't think of anything more childish and stupid. Of course it's wrong to compare this with Rammstein, since the whole idea of the project is to take a different path, but still, I'd expect more from a great poet like Lindemann.

I'm quite suprised that this has got so positive reception here But I'll let the whole thing stand aside for a while and return to Lindemann when the single and the video are released. If the trailer raised my expectations, everything after that has lowered them down. Don't really know what to expect, but let's see

EDIT: The Skills is Pills instrumental is very good though. I just don't think it will be that good when vocals are added, with all due respect to Till
                          Last edited by Salmari; 05-22-2015, 02:59 PM.

Comment

• Salmari, it seems like you are having troubles with the meanings of the songs, same thing I had with Rammstein.
                            Yeah we all have a different taste, but if you are enjoying the instrumentals, and the vocals, regardless of the meaning, try to ignore the meaning of the songs, and just enjoy the way they sound.
                            Ich tu' dir weh, tut mir nicht Leid, das tut dir gut

Comment

• I must admit, that when I read the track-list this Zappa song popped in my mind. Listen to the lyrics

Comment

• Excellent! They finally listed the super deluxe version on Amazon us. I am glad I didn't already order anything. Best part is I think I have $40 in Amazon gift cards...so it will be FREEEEEE!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X