No announcement yet.

Lindemann: Till's solo project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^So, we get to have a vague confirmation about something to happen in 2017, but Till makes absolutely sure to keep "pre-preduction" completely ambiguous regarding what it actually is for.
    "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• ^He probably doesn't know for sure until the guys get together in September/October and talk thing out.

Comment

• I am willing to be confident about a 2017 return. I don't recall if I ever said it around here, but my estimation for their return was always for 2017.
        "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• I think you're right. Rammstein has never been known to do anything in haste

Comment

• Hardforce interview (French): http://www.hardforce.fr/actu/11943/l...gren-interview

Comment

• @Maya
              I think that in some ways what I said earlier is now confirmed. It looks like Lindemann was on a promotional tour in February/March and many interviews are first now being released.

As for the long audio interview by MusikUniverse, I must say I am very sceptical about what Till said. When he says "pre-production" it really sounds like they are preparing a new album. Some Rammstein fansites have already been making assumptions and say they have "confirmed" a new record. Personally, I think it's too early to say something.

But let's make a list of things which have been said.

First list: Things which we can be very safe about.

- They will meet in September/October.
              - They have plans to release some products this year, either it's DVD's and/or a documentary (emphasis on plans).
              - Due to their solo projects, they haven't had time to work on an album or tour, so nothing huge is going to happen this year.

Second list: Things which have been mentioned, but we are not 100% sure about.

- They are preparing a new live show, according to Flake. This must not mean they will tour in 2016, they could store the equiment for later use. However, according to some fans, he did mention 2016 as the year they would tour.
              - Most of the members don't feel like doing a record, so a tour is more likely (Richard's words).
              - A new album is likely, however it will at best be out in 2 years (mostly Till, but also Richard has mentioned this.)
              - Whatever they plan doing, "pre-production" will start in fall. In other words, be it tour or album, they have hinted to at least prepare something this year.

Although I am open for everything, my guess is that they will do a short spring/summer tour in Europe 2016 and then start working on an album in late 2017. The album will be out somewhere near the end of this decade.

Another important thing to remember is, that Till said during the interview they had just completed filming a video (now we know that the single will be released together with a clip). They also said that the single would be out by the 26th or 27th of May. This info is outdated, and unless the production of the video was very simple, they need at least a month or a little more for post-production.

In other words, I think that even the MusikUniverse interview is a little behind the newest updates. I hope they will release a radio or video interview with two or more Rammstein members, and an exact date. Then we could be a little more certain in my opinion.
              Last edited by Chrisss Nofff; 05-16-2015, 03:53 AM.

Comment

• Except for the video, nothing new has been said.

But I don't think preparing a new tour without a new album would take them two years, so probably he is talking about a new album.

The question includes both: "A lot of Rammstein fans want to know if Rammstein will be back with new music and a tour in 2016.
                Can you say something about that?"

Probably that's why all fansites talk about a new album.

Anyway, it's too early, we know how they work and must wait until their meeting.

Comment

• Your right, until the meeting and/or they have made an official statement that we can see on their homepage, nothing is really certain.

Regarding the Lindemann news, I am very excited to know that they have filmed a music video. Being that the nature of this project has been so secretive and quiet, I don't think we will get any information about the location and/or director of this video like with "Eat You Alive". That's why I am even more excited about it's style.

Anyway, it was a nice treat that the interviewer started asking about their "respective bands" and asked a very specific question to Till, which he thereby answered in a satisfying manner. I felt with Richard, they always asked just for the current situation of Rammstein, and we always got the same "We meet always once a year"-story.

Comment

• ^Last week I tried to find something about a new video, without success. Tomorrow I will make a new try.

Lindemann's interviews are different, they always add something new; with Emigrate it was like listening to the same interview again and again. I had the same feeling with the interviews Richard gave in the USA during last tour.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrisss Nofff View Post
                      Some Rammstein fansites have already been making assumptions and say they have "confirmed" a new record. Personally, I think it's too early to say something.
                      I definetely agree with this. That is why I updated Aff with the title "Rammstein should return in 2017", hence leaving it more conditional and open. I think this is worthy of attention, but we cannot take it completely literally.

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• ^Spanish Aff did the same, but I understand it, he is answering to new music question, it probably means a new album. And it's what we want to listen so... why not?

This way we send them a message too.

Comment

• ^Yes, but as already said, the band is always changing its plans, so it is better not to present it as something that is confirmed.

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• I agree with that, but they are saying what he said... so it's "confirmed"

..... like the DVDs

Comment

• ^I no longer believe we are getting any DVD.

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• I like the part when asked about how he likes Emigrate's CDs, he just answers that he think it's good for Richard to have something to do, as he (RZK) cannot relax and needs to keep working, so that's good for him. He never actually answers the question. Maybe that's an answer anyway?

Comment

Working...
                                X