No announcement yet.

Enough already!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^I know I can remove them, but then I'd have to deal with them twice. It's easier to let them stay ;-)

Were External going to change the sign-up procedure?

Comment

^I think so

Comment

Originally posted by Maya View Post
        ^I think so
        Maybe you could contact him again? I think there must have been 100 new in the last couple of days? Right now they're coming every couple of minutes. It's like somebody a deliberately trying to ruin the site

Comment

Sure, I'll contact both of them again.

Comment

Yeah, it's starting to become a real buzzkill. I must admit I visit this place less frequently because of it and I'm sure I'm not the only one. You might ask the Admins as well to transfrer the Amdin powers to anyone who actually cares about this site (like you, Maya).
            Dort wo der Horizont
            Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
            Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
            Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

Hello, I changed the registration process back to Question & Answer Verification. Currently there are 4 different questions. I can change them also to some more complicated. I also removed some spammy posts. If there is anything I can do to improve your experience please let me know. I dont visit so often.
              sigpic
              Whatever you do may seem insignificant, but it is most important that you do it.

Comment

Thank you let's hope it helps

Comment

Originally posted by External View Post
                  If there is anything I can do to improve your experience please let me know. I dont visit so often.
                  I'm very grateful for what you've done here now and I really appreciate it, but it's the first significant action we get after like 2 months of issues (The Rose only created this thread after several weeks of this, and that's already over a month ago). This will sound highly critical and maybe even rude, but there's a very big contradiction between really willing to improve things around here and the decision for an Admin not to visit this place often. I don't see how one goes with the other. But since you asked: the improvement I'd like to have is not having to deal with problems for several months before anyone takes action.
                  I know you'll have very valid reasons for not visiting this place very often and I'm not judging that in any way. I'm just not really convinced I should stay in a place where the only one who can make big changes isn't really there for them. With Snake leaving, it seems like the last Admin that was really involved took his leave. Maybe someone else really should get the Admin function as well to solve this (although I'm not sure who, but that's not up to me anyways). This place might otherwise fall apart and it seems the Admins would only see the ruins of it months after.
                  I know this sounds like a posh first world problem and might be considered as dramatic, but we all see how the number of normal posts radically went south on this website and it's noticable how many people don't linger here anymore since things got worse here lately. If they all come back, it will be very fortunate and because of their goodwill only.

That is all for now
                  Last edited by Waidmann; 02-18-2017, 12:17 AM.
                  Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

I didn't even know that Snake was leaving and I am not aware of his reasons. However if there is anyone willing to step into the admin role, I would only support this. For example you Waidmann - you have over 1000 posts and 5 years of history. If I say "support" this forum, I mean giving permission to people who visit often.
                    sigpic
                    Whatever you do may seem insignificant, but it is most important that you do it.

Comment

I didn't even know that Snake was leaving and I am not aware of his reasons. However if there is anyone willing to step into the admin role, I would only support this. For example you Waidmann - you have over 1000 posts and 5 years of history. If I say "support" this forum, I mean giving permission to people who visit often.
                      It seems like I have to break my silence and clarify the following: I never said I was intending to leave, and at least for the mid term, I am not going to. Furthermore, I've been deleting the spam bots and I also tried to configure the forum to force new users to submit human verification via questions related to the band, but I was unable to figure out how to do that. I should have been more active in this particular matter, and I want to apologize to everybody for being negligent.

Having said that, I am definitely going through a period where I have absolutely no motivation to either 1) update/manage the sites/forums I am associated with, nor 2) participating on the fan base. I also apologize for not having made this clear sooner. External, if you want to remove my admin previledges because of my absence, I understand your decision.
                      "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

Originally posted by Snake View Post
                        Having said that, I am definitely going through a period where I have absolutely no motivation to either 1) update/manage the sites/forums I am associated with, nor 2) participating on the fan base. I also apologize for not having made this clear sooner. External, if you want to remove my admin previledges because of my absence, I understand your decision.
                        I know Snake since 2011 and it's not the first time he is in one of these "periods". He usually comes back

Comment

Originally posted by Maya View Post
                          I know Snake since 2011 and it's not the first time he is in one of these "periods". He usually comes back
                          I wrote with Snake in the Summer of 2015 where he said he was tired, and would step back a bit. But would look in from time to time, so the site wouldn't deteriorate. But that was long before all these spam-bots started coming in and heavily increased the work. (I've seen three new ones since External implemented the new sign-up procedure). I think Snake will be back when the new concerts start and the new cd is out, something new to revive his interest.

I have no experience in admin a web-page, but maybe Maya could be made an admin, and I would be happy to help out as a moderator?

Comment

Haha, I shouldn't be an Admin, but thanks for suggesting . I don't see myself fit for the job.

Hey, Snake, sounds you're going through a though time over there. Hang in there man, do what you have to do, and I wish you a lot of courage. The Dark Knight wants everyone to be ok in the long term.
                            And thank you for removing the spammers as well.

I think Maya would be great as an Admin (hopefully she's up to it). The Rose would make a great Moderator in my eyes , she has my blessing . She's not been around as long as me, but she's definitely wiser and more capable. In many ways she's already moderating, keeping the mods and admins informed about stuff going on and reporting all the inconveniences.
                            Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

Originally posted by Waidmann View Post
                              it's noticable how many people don't linger here anymore since things got worse here lately
                              I stopped coming here at all for a while after I got my pc infected with malware after visiting this site, despite having an antivirus and malwarebytes. The site now seems clean from bots and hopefully the issue with re-infection could be solved by installing a WAF or something similar.
                              Die Rammstein Akten.
                              The ultimate Rammstein press archive.
                              http://www.rammsteinpress.com/

Comment

Please PM me if you want to perform any changes with admins / mods. Until we have a private conversation, no change will be performed.

I will also try to udpate the forum scripts in the next month to make sure we have the most recent version which shall be also the most "protected" one
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X