Jonas Akerlund

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jonas Akerlund

Jonas Akerlund is to direct a movie about Beatles manager Brian Epstein.
    Funny enough the article lists a lot of his previous work, but Rammstein is not mentioned. Guess they're not mainstream enough in the US(even Metallica is mentioned)
    https://variety.com/2020/film/global...nd-1234696769/

I have seen "Horsemen of the Apocalypse", "Polar" and "Lords of Chaos". "Horsemen of the Apocalypse" was a mediocre Seven-inspired horror film. Likewise "Polar" was a mediocre "Kill Bill"-esque gory-action film.

However, "Lords of Chaos" was actually more entertaining. I know very little about the actual story involving Mayhem, so I can't verify how accurate the movie is. However I do know that this film was Ã…kerlund's passion project. "Lords of Chaos" actually looks very good both production-wise and cinematography-wise. The film was actually shot in Oslo and Bergen, and was given a grainy look that made it almost look like it was shot on VHS sometimes. Overall it really captured a scandinavian 90s look.

Some of the acting was not the best, and the film did drag along a bit, however I still would recommend it out of all Ã…kerlund's film.

Comment

Working...
    X