X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Se me va la olla

Thanks Waidmann!!!!

Comment

For sure. I am still working on my German workbooks. I found this old picture German dictionary.
      Unfortunately my mobile battery is dying and I can't find the charger. On a bright note I found my camera cord which was sitting on my computer desk the whole time, I thought my camera cord was grey but it is white. I thought all white cords belonged to my ipod.

Comment

Originally posted by Waidmann View Post
        For people who really buy books: check for cheap paperbacks from Reclam Verlag. They have all the german literature in small yellow books for 3-6 euros.
        I do! ~1000 of them! Kindle is cool, but I keep buying more books in paper than bits and bytes.

About Kindle, it is great for reading in a foreing language (as I guess any ebook reader is) because you can see the meaning of any word instantly.

I have a few books published by Reclam Verlag at home (my girlfriend is German, I still don't read them), and I like their concept very much. I guess they are the German Penguin Books

Lastly, I have found that the "main" Gutenberg Project website, not the Spiegel one, but the international site, is more straight forward and allows a faster find of kindle format, for example: http://www.gutenberg.org/
        Last edited by Jorge; 05-29-2012, 01:47 PM.
        «The trouble with the world is that the stupid is cocksure and the intelligent full of doubt»
        Bertrand Russell.

Comment

Thanks for the sites. I want to get an e reader and am unsure between a Nook and a kindle fire, I have bad eyes so I want one that won't hurt my eyes to read.

Comment

The Kindle is extremely easy on the eyes. You could also consider something like the Scroll Extreme tablet. It's android and has a built in reader and an astonishingly clear screen. I bought one last Friday and I'm really pleased with it.

Comment

That would be good, I have an android mobile and am used to the set up. I want to be able to go online with it, pretty much like a giant phone except not to make calls. I don't care if it has a camera or not.
              I joined LIFAD community so I could harass the German speakers.
              I am going to try to only post on the German speaking forum. Hopefully over time I will pick up more words.

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
                Count with me, please!
                I got up to nine (thanks, Sonne) but that's it XD

Comment

A good site for learning a language is www.livemocha.com
                  Just select German and begin learning ^^
                  i should join the LIFAD community now that I am 18 x)

Comment

So I've been on livemocha for a week now. Its okay but I wish it would teach with structure and rules and vocabulary instead of examples you have to ponder over. For the life of me I can't figure out why you'd use "am" half the time and "an der" the other half. I've also been looking on other sites and some of their basic conversation phrases are different from each other. Im wondering if I should just buy Rosetta Stone with my tax returns, but I hear it's not that great either. :/
                    "Love is like a flower, even the most beautiful kind dies." -Till Lindemann

Comment

There are also two words for box. Ser Schachtel and der Karton. I think kugelschreiber is my new favorite German word now btw.

Comment

Hace you tried Duolingo?

Comment

an der = for feminin words or plural
                          am = and dem = for masculin or neutral words.

Schachtel = small package made of carton (like for sigarettes or lucifers; like in Hilf mir!: "ein Schächtelchen nett anzusehen"), Karton is the fabric itself or a bigger package (like to put groceries in or a tv or so). For milk or juice or other drinks however one would also say "Karton".
                          Dort wo der Horizont
                          Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
                          Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
                          Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

Maya, I have not. Maybe I'll take a look at that one tonight.
                            Waidmann, wow thanks! See that's the kind of instruction I need! May I pick your brain in the future if needed?

Comment

Originally posted by Fellfrosch View Post
                              Maya, I have not. Maybe I'll take a look at that one tonight.
                              Waidmann, wow thanks! See that's the kind of instruction I need! May I pick your brain in the future if needed?
                              Sure, as often as I can miss it. That's usually friday night and saturday night.
                              Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

I don't know about you, but music helped me a lot while learning german. Not only Rammstein, but also Die Prinzen helped me a lot (as Rammstein very interesting and with lots of humor). Their song Deutschland for example is a funny, entertaining way to learn about Germany, the language and their history

Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

Working...
                                X