The dating thread ^^

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maya View Post
    Not judging anybody. You said it was your friend, not him. For me, age is not such important. I think an excuse would have been better, obviusly not The same being there. But if you have bad memories imagine his
    My friend arranged it through a friend, the guy told her he was the same age as me, how he hoped to get away with it when we met i really cant imagine, he deserved to be left as he had lied from the start, if he would lie about that what else would he lie about, i was mad !!

Anyway we will leave it at that, looks like you proberbly mis-understood me. Age is not important, the important thing was that he lied
    The saying is "You dont know what you have got till its gone" the truth is "You know what you had, you just did not know you would lose it" !!

Comment

^Then you should have told the full story from the start, and explain it properly, because what me and Maya understood was that it was your friend that lied, and not that the man was in on it as well. You did not made the story clear to us, and we understood something different.

And even so, it would be more correct on your part if you confronted him about it. If it was you who where wronged, there was no reason for you to run away. You were totally entitled to demand an explanation and be direct about it. Instead you choose to behave like a child.
      Last edited by Snake; 05-14-2012, 05:55 PM.
      "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

Originally posted by Snake View Post
        ^Then you should have told the full story from the start, and explain it properly, because what me and Maya understood was that it was your friend that lied, and not that the man was in on it as well. You did not made the story clear to us, and we understood something different.

And even so, it would be more correct on your part if you confronted him about it. If it was you who where wronged, there was no reason for you to run away. You were totally entitled to demand an explanation and be direct about it. Instead you choose to behave like a child.
        Ok this is getting silly now, so yes i should have explained it all from the start, i am beginning to wish i had kept my mouth shut, i did not expect to be mis understood and i apologise if i did not make it clear. I think we should just forget it now.
        As for being a child, i was 18yrs old at the time, he was in his 60s and i was very scared, can we just leave it now, i am at work and in tears over it now and people keep asking whats wrong.
        The saying is "You dont know what you have got till its gone" the truth is "You know what you had, you just did not know you would lose it" !!

Comment

^Ok, so you were indeed a child. Everyting makes sense now.

Everybody move along, there's nothing here to see.
          "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

Any other stories ? I hope the above one didn't kill the thread.

I'll humiliate myself one more time to heal this topic: I met this girl on a skiing trip years ago and we really liked each other. When I went to party with her afterwards (when we were back in Belgium) I kind of let myself go at the open bar and told some akward stuff to the girl's parents (about a drunk guy I saw in austria skiing naked on a upside-down table - I even thought at the moment WHY AM I TELLING THIS TO HER PARENTS???). Than I fell over a table, messing myself and several other persons up .
            Dort wo der Horizont
            Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
            Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
            Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

This thread made me smile. It's cute!
              ''Seitdem ich Guitar Rig 3 benutze, fühlt sich mein Haar viel voller an!'' - Paul Landers

Comment

Originally posted by RICHARDS BIGGEST FAN View Post
                Ok this is getting silly now, so yes i should have explained it all from the start, i am beginning to wish i had kept my mouth shut, i did not expect to be mis understou. od and i apologise if i did not make it clear. I think we should just forget it now.
                As for being a child, i was 18yrs old at the time, he was in his 60s and i was very scared, can we just leave it now, i am at work and in tears over it now and people keep asking whats wrong.

Don't let anything anyone says get to you. I know it is hard. I am emotional too sometimes. I love chattin with you.
                I remember a German girl on a website arguing with me all the time, i didn't think she liked me at all, but she actually thought we were friends. Later on I find out, she lives off her parents, doesn't work and when she goes and visits friends she expects them to pay for her. IE like at restaurants or at concerts she expected her friend she was visiting to pay for everything. After all that there was nothing this girl could say to me because she lived off someone else her entire life and has never supported herself, to this day she lives in a house that isn't hers. It is funny that someone so critical could have such a crap life.

Comment

Originally posted by abendwind View Post
                  This thread made me smile. It's cute!
                  This thread removed my smile.

Comment

Yeah it went to a bad place but hopefully it will go to a more joyful place.
                    I shared a bad experience I had to try to cheer someone up.

Comment

I don't think so...

Or you begin with dates or it's dead.

Comment

I can tell some terrible dating stories. I could write a book about the bad experiences.

Comment

And good experiences???? Sure you'll have some

Comment

^I don't think so.

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

Hmm Good Experiences...
                              I dated a Bosnian guy for about a year, we had our ups and downs and it was pretty good while it lasted but it ended cuz he decided he wasn't ready for a serious relationship. I lived in another city then, seems like a lifetime ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake View Post
                                ^I don't think so.
                                About what? Joyful place? Beginning with dates? The thread is dead? Edelweiss's good experiences?
                                Last edited by Maya; 05-15-2012, 03:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X