No announcement yet.

Whats on your mind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imagine if people iare having trouble walking in the same direction, what would happen if the restrictions increase. In Spain many people are being fined, in fact we have more cases of people fined tan people with COVID-19.

Here it's impossible to do the shopping online, Last time I tried, delivery date was 6 April....

Comment

• Our President completement the people for behaving in an examplary way last week. Well, I guess he spoke too soon. Hundreds of people decided to go outside yesterday, with complete disregard for the state of emergency and social distancing. I am feeling terrified for the sake of my mother.
      "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• It’s increĆ­ble, we don’t learn of our neighbors

Comment

• Hi everyone, hope you and your families are safe and well.

From last night UK now on total lockdown, I am heartbroken I cannot see my family or my partner for the unforseeable future but if it means saving lives then I will fully comply with isolation and stick to the rules, I just hope and pray that everyone will stick to the rules and hopefully this nightmare will end sooner rather than later.
          My daughter in law works in Brighton hospital and is now nursing Covid 19 patients on her ward, I am so worried for the safety of my family as I am sure you all are.
          Please take good care of yourselves and stay safe.
          The saying is "You dont know what you have got till its gone" the truth is "You know what you had, you just did not know you would lose it" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Maya View Post
            Imagine if people iare having trouble walking in the same direction, what would happen if the restrictions increase. In Spain many people are being fined, in fact we have more cases of people fined tan people with COVID-19.

Here it's impossible to do the shopping online, Last time I tried, delivery date was 6 April....
            Hi Maya, online shopping the same here, I managed to get a delivery slot but by the time the delivery came at least half the items ordered were unavailable, my bill was cut in half but doesn't help when you can't get essential items, i feel so sorry for the elderly who live on there own it's going to be so hard for them, we have a big problem with panic buying here, the food is not in short supply so if everyone just done there normal weekly/ monthly shop ther would not be shortages, people are so selfish and have no regard for others.
            Take care and stay safe.
            The saying is "You dont know what you have got till its gone" the truth is "You know what you had, you just did not know you would lose it" !!

Comment

• Hi RBF, fortunately your government has finally take measures, as you know, my brother and his girlfriend live in London and we are really worried. Last week his university closed so my brother began to work at home. Unfortunately people at the beginning take too many food, hope you are able to buy the things you need.

Our bakery decided to close all their shops, many little shops have closed in my neighbourhood, and the small supermarket is almost empty....

And there are other problems, many people are losing their jobs temporarily, my sister is one of them.

Each day numbers increase, hospitals are over their capacity. Last weekend they converted Madrid conference centre in a makeshift field hospital to be fitted with 5,500 hospital beds and some hotels in the city are being used as hospitals too. An hour ago I saw an ambulance through the window, seeing their protections they came to take someone to the hospital.

Please take care all of you, this is really serious. Even if your governments don't make hard restrictions, stay at home the most you can.

Comment

• For the victims

Comment

For the victims
                  The worst thing about this is that so many of those that died won't have a normal funeral, since gatherings of any kind or temporarely banned in many European countries.

Comment

Hi RBF, fortunately your government has finally take measures, as you know, my brother and his girlfriend live in London and we are really worried. Last week his university closed so my brother began to work at home. Unfortunately people at the beginning take too many food, hope you are able to buy the things you need.

Our bakery decided to close all their shops, many little shops have closed in my neighbourhood, and the small supermarket is almost empty....

And there are other problems, many people are losing their jobs temporarily, my sister is one of them.

Each day numbers increase, hospitals are over their capacity. Last weekend they converted Madrid conference centre in a makeshift field hospital to be fitted with 5,500 hospital beds and some hotels in the city are being used as hospitals too. An hour ago I saw an ambulance through the window, seeing their protections they came to take someone to the hospital.

Please take care all of you, this is really serious. Even if your governments don't make hard restrictions, stay at home the most you can.
                    Maya yes I did think of your brother, I do hope he is safe and well and sorry to hear your sister has lost her job, luckily my family are still able to work but my daughter being in the travel industry had just started her own travel councillors and working from home but as you can imagine she is cancelling most of her bookings, she has booked some for next year already but won't get any income from it until next year.

I have never been a fan of conservative party and I do not like Boris Johnson and feel he should have taken action much sooner to lockdown the country, it's hard not seeing my family and as Paul and I do not live together we cannot see each other either but this needs to be done and I just hope and pray that this has not come too late as I am sure more lives could have been saved if he took this action earlier.

Unfortunately the idiots in this country are not sticking to the rules, Paul works in a factory that makes speakers, we are being told that all non essential companies should close, his company are staying open as they are greedy and selfish, a lot of the employee's are not adhering to the 2 metre safe distancing and in the works cafe they are all still gathering around the tables chatting together as if nothing has changed, luckily Paul has been going outside at his break times but the company seem to be doing nothing about safe distancing putting everyone at risk. I am staying at home myself although it's hard but all my family are at risk in one way or another, of course as you know Maria is a nurse so at the frontline, she has five days off at the moment so at home with Mark and Jake but starting Saturday she has another 5 long 12 hour shifts to work.

Please take care of yourself and stay safe, I did hear on the news that luckily Italy now seem to be over the worst but I know Spain is at its peak now, I am never sure how accurate our news is here but I do hope that things will improve for you in Spain very soon. We have unfortunately still got the worst to come I fear but as long as people are sensible and stick to the rules then we will get through this and be able to look to the future.

Much love

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrisss Nofff View Post

The worst thing about this is that so many of those that died won't have a normal funeral, since gatherings of any kind or temporarily banned in many European countries.
                      For families and friends that is really hard, In Madrid, an ice rink at the Palacio de Hielo shopping mall is now being used as a makeshift morgue. Funeral homes have been left well over capacity.

Comment

• Originally posted by RICHARDS BIGGEST FAN View Post

Maya yes I did think of your brother, I do hope he is safe and well and sorry to hear your sister has lost her job, luckily my family are still able to work but my daughter being in the travel industry had just started her own travel councillors and working from home but as you can imagine she is cancelling most of her bookings, she has booked some for next year already but won't get any income from it until next year.
                        They are Ok, thank you. I hope your daughter can maintain her business, and hope we will be able to travel at the end of the year.

Originally posted by RICHARDS BIGGEST FAN View Post
                        I have never been a fan of conservative party and I do not like Boris Johnson and feel he should have taken action much sooner to lockdown the country, it's hard not seeing my family and as Paul and I do not live together we cannot see each other either but this needs to be done and I just hope and pray that this has not come too late as I am sure more lives could have been saved if he took this action earlier.
                        Everywhere is the same, money moves the world and they didn't want to take measures. Unfortunately, they should take harder measures, only when the numbers don't stop increasing they take them, and many lives are lost. Fourteen days are too many days...

Unfortunately the idiots in this country are not sticking to the rules, Paul works in a factory that makes speakers, we are being told that all non essential companies should close, his company are staying open as they are greedy and selfish, a lot of the employee's are not adhering to the 2 metre safe distancing and in the works cafe they are all still gathering around the tables chatting together as if nothing has changed, luckily Paul has been going outside at his break times but the company seem to be doing nothing about safe distancing putting everyone at risk.
                        There are idiots everywhere, here is the same or even worse. Official numbers: More than 42050 cases and more than 2990 deaths. And only yesterday more than 20000 reports and 130 people arrested for not sticking the rules. Until yesterday we had 102000 reports, 996 people arrested, and one person will go to prison. With our situation, as you can see we have more dickheads than positive cases.... On the news illegal parties, orgies, all you can imagine.

I am staying at home myself although it's hard but all my family are at risk in one way or another, of course as you know Maria is a nurse so at the frontline, she has five days off at the moment so at home with Mark and Jake but starting Saturday she has another 5 long 12 hour shifts to work.

Please take care of yourself and stay safe, I did hear on the news that luckily Italy now seem to be over the worst but I know Spain is at its peak now, I am never sure how accurate our news is here but I do hope that things will improve for you in Spain very soon. We have unfortunately still got the worst to come I fear but as long as people are sensible and stick to the rules then we will get through this and be able to look to the future.

Much love
                        Everyday at 20:00 in Spain we open our windows and balconies and clap for them, hope Maria and all your family is safe. Try to stay at home, wash your hands and avoid touching your face. The worst is yet to come. I think we hadn't reach our peak, I've been at home for more than fifteen days but most people not, so everyday the numbers increase and unfortunately I think they will continue all this week. I'm really worried and scared to be honest.
                        Love

Comment

• Hello people!

Glad you're all still here! Man, these are challenging times. My brother and mother overcame the disease, I did too with minor effects, so I was very lucky.
                          I'm very lucky as well to live in Belgium, where our government was quite early to take severe measurements. We haven't reached our peak yet, but we are very much prepared for worse to come. We expect our peak in about a week, and if things go according to plan, we should have more than enough resources. If things go as planned.

I'm not much a religious man, but I do almost pray for the countries that are worse off, especially Spain and Italy (and I'm really moved bu the situation in the latter).

For me it's quite easy: I continue to teach at home through Skype, have work enough, but still more time then usual, as I gain over 2 hours of travelling time to work. I'm alone in a house with my girlfriend and the cat, and I do have a small garden, so this is really not that bad.
                          I keep myself busy by ordering books and music, and Till's poetry album is on it's way.

Probably Rammstein will soon cancell their tour. It would probably be madness not to.

Stay healthy people and hang in there! Whe should have an online drink when this is all over!
                          Dort wo der Horizont
                          Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
                          Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
                          Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

• Good to hear from you Waidmann,I'm glad you and your family are well, and I take it you're not married yet?

I came home from Utrecht the day before the first restrictions came into place here in DK, and as I realised I had some symptoms that could be covid19, I mailed with my doctor and self-isolated. I'm fine now and Wednesday was the first time in 15 days went outside, quite surprised how many people were on the streets, but almost no cars and the busses were riding empty.

I just heard the latest updates from Italy and Spain and feel so sad and scared. Here in DK we expect the peak in 2-3 weeks time, so I'll keep up with staying home, thankfully home delivery works well, especially if you plan ahead and order early (I order a week before delivery).

I haven't seen my mother since before I went to Utrecht, she's in a home and all visits are forbidden. She's also an Alzheimer's sufferer and have no idea I exist. She claims her son and parents visits her (I'm her only child and she's 89!) so I don't think she notice and when I try to call, she forgets she's on the phone and just puts it down. Corona or not, I don't expect her to outlive this year.

Take care everyone, and watch out, when this is over I might travel round to visit you all and we can have a drink IRL

Comment

• No, the marriage is on hold for now, as we cannot do it right in these circumstances :/ . It's still happening though, just not as soon as we hoped it would.

Hope things go well with your mother :/ .
                              Dort wo der Horizont
                              Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
                              Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
                              Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

• Waidmann I'm glad you and your family have recovered, as you can see in the news here the situation is really bad. Fortunately our sanity system is great, if not it would be worse.

Teaching at home is a great solution if you don't have children. Many schools here are using Teams, now they are discussing if they end the courses now or not. I hope not, children will have problems next course and they need a routine.

I'm sorry for your mother The Rose , it's really hard to see your relatives that way.

Please, take care everybody. The Rose, I would love to have that drink.!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X