No announcement yet.

Whats on your mind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State of alert declared in Spain and Madrid closes bares and restaurants. A ghost city ( hope it works)

Comment

• Denmark just closed the borders. Danes abroad can come home, but that is it. They even talk about stopping trains and ferries.

Comment

• Looking at what is going on in Italy. This is a catastrophy. I really hope the situation gets better. The rest of Europe should instantly follow the strictest "social distancing" practices.

Even worse, countries like Sweden refuse to close schools, quoting a small litterature of research claiming that school-children don't contaminate anyone.

Comment

• Even France is closing bars and restaurants!

Comment

• Children have more homework than ever, technology allows teachers to continue with their work, there are online platforms used by schools like google classroom.

I’m ashamed of what I’m seeing here, authorities are taking measures because people don’t follow the indications, beaches closed... really? It’s so hard to understand? Stay at home. But when I look through the window I see people jogging or walking, not as many as yesterday, that’s true.

My gym has set up through their app virtual classes, you can send the videos to the TV

I hope other countries take the measures before Italy or Spain, learning of our experiences.

Take care please !!!!

Comment

• ^I am also alarmed by the behaviour of some people here. For the most part yes, people are respecting social distancing, but then in the middle of the week there were folks that decided to go to the beach, and this friday there were tons of people going out to bars at night. Mayors had to threaten to cut access to beaches, and the goverment had to demand bars to close at 21:00. I find this behaviour even more irresponsible than hoarding toilet paper.
              "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• In Madrid, only first need stores are opened, no bars, no restaurants and you have to justify why you go out. We have to stay at home, allowed out only to buy food and medicine or travel to work, health centres or banks. Travel is also allowed for those looking after the elderly or dependents.And from now on those breaking the lockdown will face fines between 100 and 600000 euros.

Comment

• ^For the time being, we are only on alert state, which means citizens can still legally go out. Given that the people are adhering to social distancing norms, our president is not going to declare state of emergency yet. But if it becomes aparent that that state of emergency will indeed need, that will happen.
                  "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• We are on alert state, but in Madrid we can’t go out, many people went to their second houses near the beach this weekend, they had no symptoms and there where less cases; so imagine why is spreading... But now I think everyone has understood and will stay at home. This afternoon streets were empty.

Snake if people continue going out the numbers will increase, stay at home and go out only if necessary protecting yourself. You are lucky and can work at home.

Comment

• I haven't left home since Tuesday. Not even to work out.

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• Same here, and I'm sure the situation will remain for weeks.

Comment

• Same here, I'm beginning to go slightly crazy

Comment

• The only positive thing is that I finally have time for my giant list of movies that I always wanted to see, and I don't feel bad for sitting in front of the TV all day.

I also heard that UEFA is finally starting to plan for the Euro Cup to be postponed (probably to the summer of 2021). I am glad that big events are being moved, before the government has to shut them down last minute and chaos follows.

Comment

• 12 days at home now, I look through the windows and streets are empty, fortunately I'm not feeling bad for staying at home.
                              And what about you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Maya View Post
                                12 days at home now, I look through the windows and streets are empty, fortunately I'm not feeling bad for staying at home.
                                And what about you?
                                I'm getting more and more lazy by the day, I might never go outside again!

Here it's it allowed to go out if you keep your distance, but people don't. So a short walk from where I live is a very popular place for a walk and police have now decided everyone must walk in the same direction so you don't meet anyone coming towards you (it's a lake so you walk in circles, but of course some idiots don't think it applies to them, police say they'll start handing out fines of 200 euros to people not following directions.

I have to go to the post office to pick up a package before Wednesday (it was ordered befor my lock in) but besides that I have everything delivered to my front door. Courier place it on the mat, knock on the door and I wait a little before opening and taking it in.

In these circumstances it's a good thing to be a natural introvert

Comment

Working...
                                X