No announcement yet.

Whats on your mind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^The bigger question is, will they still keep trusting Snyder. Albeit, in the case of this film, I am inclined to believe the studio interfered and FUBARed his film, and that is because we already know there will be an extended cut on home-release.
    "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• I saw the movie, and actually I do recommend you watch Man Of Steel before. It will take longer to understand things and you'll have to make a few bold assumptions if you don't know the film.

In the end I liked BvS. It started indeed with to many changing scenes, jumping from one thing to another, making the whole first half not really too interesting. It was somehow estranging, because you didn't get too much time to feel what the characters go through.
      The second half was way better. Storylines collided (finally), we finally got some long-extended action scenes with battles we actually wanted to see. Not to mention Wonderwoman who, despite the fact that she might be seen as some redundant figure to boost things up a bit, manages to bring some humour and an interesting outlook to the whole.

I must say, I saw this on the big screen with two of my best friends. Alone at home I might've had a lesser vibe for this. I liked it, but I'm not recommending it. I think many people will think this is a stinker. But in the end, I must I enjoyed it.
      Dort wo der Horizont
      Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
      Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
      Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

• ^Glad you enjoyed. But I get the feeling that, for once, you can understand why I strongly disliked something.
        "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• Originally posted by Snake View Post
          ^Glad you enjoyed. But I get the feeling that, for once, you can understand why I strongly disliked something.
          Yes, I certainly can. And I think I'm the odd one out for actually liking it. All your criticizing remarks are just and legit, and for some reason they didn't bother me to the extend it bothered you. But I think on a worse day, I could've been as disappointed as you were, I don't know.
          Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

• NO . . . just NO!
            http://www.acdc.com/news?n_id=278
            They should have just stopped.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rose View Post
              NO . . . just NO!
              http://www.acdc.com/news?n_id=278
              They should have just stopped.
              Not in my opinion. Axl is a far superior singer to me than Brian Johnson, especially on AC/DC songs. I saw him do Whole lotta Rosie with Guns a few years back in a way Johnson wasn't able to pull of in over a decade. Rose also has more energy, x-factor and an overall better stage performance. But for the die hard AC/DC fans I can imagine this is somewhat blasphemous.
              Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

• Axl is the antithesis of everything AC/DC stands for. I have seen G'n'R several times in the early nineties, and yes he was a good (even great) performer, but he was also a royal pain and totally arrogant towards his fans. Showing up two-three hours late for shows and then claiming they would just have to wait till he felt ready to perform. Or having a hissy-fit after half an hour and leaving the concert. Leaving the bewildered fans (and band) to wonder what the H*** was going on.

So no, I have no respect for the man and I think he should stay with re re-formed G'n'R and good luck to them, they obviously need the money, but he should stay away from AC/DC and whoever had the brain-freeze in their camp to come up wit this idea have bigger problems than I can imagine.

Comment

• ^None of these things like letting fans wait for hours have happened in the last decade, or at least not because of them. And that and all the rest Axl has ever pulled off is only a walk in the park if you compare how AC/DC drummer has been behaving in the past (not to mention the bestialities some other members used to perform). If you take ethics as a filter, Axl is definetly not the first one to go.
                  And besides, none of these things even slightly have to do with the quality of their music, which was my area of means.

They obviously need the money? Axl alone is richer than half of AC/DC put together, and none of the classic Guns N' Roses line-up hid the fact that their legacy will keep their wallets tight for the rest of their lives. If you think Axl would do anything for the money, well, than you just don't know the man. Somehow the man changed a lot, especially since 2009 and if people only look at him judging upon what happened before, they best don't hesitate to deny the last 7 years of their own life, just to show a bit of honesty, consistency and integrity.
                  Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

• ^OK, you adore him I really don't like him. Let's leave it there.
                    Last edited by The Rose; 04-17-2016, 05:49 PM.

Comment

• ^Hehe, adoring is maybe a bit exaggerated, but I do believe he's nothing short of a legend, and nowadays a really nice guy (though the path to get there was more guns than roses). Though I'd prefer a meeting with Till, I guess .
                      Maybe if I actively experienced Axl's douchebag years like you did, I'd speak differently.

I leave it there with my conviction that this replacement thing is a good thing IMO. But I do admit that it probably won't really be AC/DC anymore. Something good still, I think, but in reality not what the fans paid for. I hope a lot of those who bought tickets like the new singer as much as I do, but I know that's not the case and a lot of disappointments will follow.
                      That's what I hate about the current female fronted metal scene. They change their lead singer more often than their socks, and in the end between buying a ticket and seeing the band you risk the big chance that they switched singers already. For me it's breaking a contract and it makes the scene lose tons of credibility.
                      Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

• ^I've already seen quite a few people selling their ticket for the show here in Denmark, that originally sold out in a couple of hours.

I'm not really an AC/DC fan, and don't even have any of the cd's, I do have the early G'n'R albums, I went to the solo-tour that Duff did after the split and before Velvet Revolver. I even went and saw Axl's G'n'R when he returned with Chinese Democracy, but was rather disappointed. I don't think he should have toured under that name, but that's another story. ;-)

Comment

• ^I didn't knew it was that bad, but it was to be expected. GNR fans are AC/DC fans quite often, but the other way around? Many are, but too many are not.

I didn't like Duff's solo stuff, but I really did like Velvet Revolver (saw them 2 days before their split, it was a blast). As for GNR... I liked Chinese Democracy very much, and though Axl really gave it a GNR sound only by being himself, it was very different and calling it GNR might indeed not been very legit (when it comes to sound). It was more Axl and his roses or Axl and his hired guns, whatever. But I too saw them in the latter line-up, and despite the fact I expected nothing of it, I thought it was really awesome, one of the best gigs I ever saw. This was in the late 2010 when Axl had a strong full raspy voice and the band played very tight. But I heard tons of stuff from 2011-12-13 that just sounded plainly awfull (with a sloppy DJ Ashba on guitar, and Axl in his Mickey Mouse voice).
                          Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

• Yeah, Duff's solo-stuff wasn't much good, but the concert was fine. It was in a smallish venue, and he seemed genuine happy people had turned up, and there was much real communication with the audience.

Izzy was in Copenhagen during recordings of his solo-stint, and I ran into him on the town hall square, much to my surprise, I had no idea he was in town. He was very nice to talk to, unfortunately I didn't have a camera on me Do you know what he's doing these days? He seems to have disappeared from public view.

Comment

• Cool, I'm not sure I'd recognize Izzy anymore. And I have no clue what he's up to nowadays. I heard he was in the studio about a month ago but for what project I wouldn't know. He's more under the radar than anywhere else. That's ashame, because I have the impression he's a very talented man.
                              Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

• @The Rose- Tonight is wine and the double episode Heaven Sent/Hell Bent with like a Doctor Who pop up video thing. Yes! Have you finished the season yet? I forget how far behind you were...

Comment

Working...
                                X