No announcement yet.

Whats on your mind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulations, Chrisss! Good to have you around here on the board .
    Dort wo der Horizont
    Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
    Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
    Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

• @EmeraldRose, TheRose, Waidmann and Zenika (I hope that covered everyone)

Thanks again so much!!!! You are all so lovely people. Kisses and hugs to everyone !

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrisss Nofff View Post
        You are all so lovely people
        No, I'm not ! But thx anyway!
        Any Lindemann / Lifad-review coming up yet?
        Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

• ^Yes, they are coming soon. I have a lot of spare time now in the summer, so I can write them as soon as possible. I had a very busy period in the last two months, a lot of work needed to be done, therefore my activity was a little low. And then.......well.........Batman: Arkham Knight was released......

Comment

• ^Is the game awesome, os just passible? I want to play it, but my PC can't handle it (besides the fact that the PC port of the game is so broken that WB even pulled it off the market), and I didn't get a PS4 (yet).
            "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• ^ Time to get one, there are many offers.

Comment

• ^I'll wait for it to get even cheaper, and then probably get a bundle with Arkham Knight.
                "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• I read a review of Arkham Knight which I 100% agree with. While watching the trailers, and seeing gameplay videos and pictures, I got a little sceptical. It seemed like Rocksteady (the company which made all Arkham games except for "Arkham Origins") got a little too ambitous. Part of Arkham Asylum's and City's strengh were the EXTREMELY detailed and rich enviorments. The games had so much atmosphere in my opinion, which set the games tone and made for an incredible experience.

With Arkham Knight I thought the company just thought that "bigger means better" and made a gigantic city just for the sake of having a larger enviorment. The edition of the Batmobile was also met with some sceptcism. Most of us thought that the vehicle would just be an excuse to give us pointless and repetitive mini-games that detract from the "pure Batman"-experience the previous games gave us.

The beginning of the game has an incredible opening and you really feel like this is going to be a nice story driven game, just like it's predeccesors. During the first 40-60 minutes, I felt like my fears of this being a watered down version of Arkham City with better graphics and a larger city were being dissapointingly fullfilled. The Batmobile was actually very cool, due to the fact that it was always available and can litteraly crash trough EVERYTHING, but still nothing spectacular.

The plot seemed also a little rehashed as well. Scarecrow trying to gas the entire city, and make it tear itself apart. That story has been used so many times in the comics, and even in the movie Batman Begins (although it was a little different here). And as for the Arkham Knight, he just seemed like a cool-looking villain they made up to put in commercials. Nothing interesting here.

But then..........BAAAAM!!

Once you are something like 1,5 hours into the game, everything is turned upside down. A new plot element is being revealed which makes your jaw drop. The entire map is being made available, and you see that they didn't even spare a cent into making the city just as, or even more detailed then Arkham City. In addition you see how useful the Batmobile is while driving.

This "Baam"- moment in the game has caused so much attention, the internet is full of discussions or spoiler-filled reviews of discussing this moment. So I advice you to buy the game by all means, and try to stay away from as many discussions and comment sections related to this game as possible.

I play it on my Playstation 4, and it looks and plays marvelous. So I advice you to buy it on console if they don't fix the PC version soon.

If you are familiar with the Batman Arkham- series, you will find a large amount of references in the plot to the previous games. The controls are a little changed, but after 1 hour you will get completely used to it.
                  Last edited by Chrisss Nofff; 07-07-2015, 09:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snake View Post
                    ^I'll wait for it to get even cheaper, and then probably get a bundle with Arkham Knight.
                    You should buy it before holidays....IMO

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrisss Nofff View Post

Once you are something like 1,5 hours into the game, everything is turned upside down. A new plot element is being revealed which makes your jaw drop. The entire map is being made available, and you see that they didn't even spare a cent into making the city just as, or even more detailed then Arkham City. In addition you see how useful the Batmobile is while driving.

This "Baam"- moment in the game has caused so much attention, the internet is full of discussions or spoiler-filled reviews of discussing this moment. So I advice you to buy the game by all means, and try to stay away from as many discussions and comment sections related to this game as possible.

I play it on my Playstation 4, and it looks and plays marvelous. So I advice you to buy it on console if they don't fix the PC version soon.

If you are familiar with the Batman Arkham- series, you will find a large amount of references in the plot to the previous games. The controls are a little changed, but after 1 hour you will get completely used to it.

After reading this, I'm sure you can't wait any more Snake

jijijijijijijijijiijiijiji

Comment

• Minion movie doesn't come out until this weekend here... I will have to take the kids probably next weekend.

But I did go see Mad Max with my husband. Somehow we managed to both have time off when the kids were not here and had a real date! If you guys like action movies...I can DEFINITELY recommend seeing Mad Max. It really was non-stop and very well done.

Comment

• That's cruel... your kids will love it, it's not Gru but it's very funny.

Another one for the list, it's great you had a date

Have you seen Minions Art?

https://www.facebook.com/minions/posts/968332876522291

I saw them in a mall last month.
                          Last edited by Maya; 07-08-2015, 08:57 PM.

Comment

• ^ Haha, I think I should go to see Minions-movie. They are funny.

I'm on my holiday and I got nothing else to do than drinking. I feel like an alcoholic

Comment

• Originally posted by EmeraldRose View Post
                              Minion movie doesn't come out until this weekend here... I will have to take the kids probably next weekend.

But I did go see Mad Max with my husband. Somehow we managed to both have time off when the kids were not here and had a real date! If you guys like action movies...I can DEFINITELY recommend seeing Mad Max. It really was non-stop and very well done.
                              +1 , that latest Mad Max was actually - for me - the best one in the franchise, though the third one is very a close second.
                              Can't really recommend Jurassic world though XD.
                              Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

• Taking the kids to see Minions tonight! I was able to get tickets thru my company, so going to see the 3D version for free!!

Comment

Working...
                                X