No announcement yet.

Whats on your mind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^Do things get better with "Obama-care" or is that pretty much the same?

Comment

• Obama-care has done absolutely nothing for the majority of the country. The only people it has helped are those who didn't have insurance through an employer or who couldn't afford the premiums. And even then, I've been hearing from many that it is only costing them more. Basically, all it's done for my family is add a section on our income taxes where I have to note whether or not every person in my family had healthcare coverage during the entire tax year.

I am past the point of having more kids, and the time I've talked about was 6 1/2 years ago, and then two years later. My oldest son was born while my husband was still Active Duty military, and we were overseas...so his prenatal care and delivery cost us nothing. It was also a completely uncomplicated pregnancy and delivery, and I wasn't working so staying home was no added concern at that time.

Anyway, I'm still pretty bitter about how I was treated by the company I worked for, and then the medical facilities that were demanding payment that there was no way we could pay. Not something we need to keep talking about here. The medical system in the US (which I've worked within for the past 8 years) is a nightmare.

Today is my first day back to a normal work schedule since school. I am pretty excited about this

Comment

• http://metalhammer.teamrock.com/news...an-hip-surgery

If Maynard Keenan just had a hip replacement....where does this leave us in terms of all our favorite bands getting older?

Comment

• Just realised I have to get up at 5AM tomorrow, to meet up with the rest of the photo-group in F-stadt!!! Maybe I should try turn in early and get some sleep?

Comment

• One downside to peeling the stickers off the laptop keys (yes I know, but it's still better than when one of them actually removed the keys from the laptop keyboard...) is that now the keys stick to my fingers when I type. Also...you have to use the "o" key a lot....

Comment

• My "e" is missing, but the "€" is still on the key, so it's easy to find. "o" and "s" are beginning to disappear....

Comment

• I've just listened to a mash up of Du Hast and the Happy song... And it was pretty amazing. I'm actually impressed.

Comment

• Originally posted by EmeraldRose View Post
                  I've just listened to a mash up of Du Hast and the Happy song... And it was pretty amazing. I'm actually impressed.
                  Can you send a link, or tell the name of the video?
                  Also, if you checked the Rammstein vs Lady Gaga? (Or is it the same video?)
                  It sounds really awesome, but it sounds surprisingly good and well edited.
                  Ich tu' dir weh, tut mir nicht Leid, das tut dir gut

Comment

• ^It's on Soundcloud under the name Du Happy.

Comment

• Thanks!
                      Damn it does sound pretty good, even really good!
                      Ich tu' dir weh, tut mir nicht Leid, das tut dir gut

Comment

• ^ It could've done with more "du" and less "happy" but overall it was pretty funny.

This has been a difficult week. We are coming up to Fathers Day in the U.S., which is tough enough...but we learned from my sister in law on Monday that my father in law has cancer. It is a recurrence of his prostate cancer from several years ago, but has now metastasized to his bones. Don't know much more than that at this point.

Comment

• A big virtual hug for you.

Comment

• ^^ I'm sorry for you and your family, ER and I know how you feel. My cousin were diagnosed with breast-cancer a while ago and now it has spread to her lung and half of one of her lungs will be removed I feels harder because she is the first of "our generation" to get a real serious disease.

On a more happy note, after 3 weeks of intense election campaign the day is here and the polling stations will close in an hour. It seems to be a very close result, so I'm keeping my fingers and everything else crossed that my side wins:

Comment

• Seems like we're loosing, even though "my party" increased their mandates our side goes back

Comment

• I'm sorry. I hate politics...

Comment

Working...
                                X