No announcement yet.

Whats on your mind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^There is no such thing as being a too drama-queen when it comes to bashing LIFAD. But would agree that it gets old and tired, hence why a new album could be welcome, regardless of quality.
    "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• Just so you know: I'll never cease to praise that great record called LIFAD . Not to bug you, just to share my findings with those who don't live in the light yet.
      Dort wo der Horizont
      Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
      Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
      Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

• Originally posted by Snake View Post
        If that idea had been mine, the title would be "the thread of shame".
        a) There is life beyond the internet, or people simply have other projects in life that require more attention than a band. No shame in that.
        b) Some people actually die. Not much shame in that either.
        «The trouble with the world is that the stupid is cocksure and the intelligent full of doubt»
        Bertrand Russell.

Comment

• Today, marks the fifth years since Slipknot bassist Paul Gray died of an overdose in his home state of Iowa. There is still a case being filed wherever his death is to be blamed on his doctor, or if he himself fell back into addiction. Either way, I think it's still so sad that such a talented and kind man who was only 38 years old had to die so early.

RIP Paul Gray (1972-2010)

4640659652_f33603f92d_o.jpg

Comment

• I remember I was at work when a friend told me what had happened. I was stunned. I can't believe five years have already passed. So tragic.
            Thank you for this reminder Chrisss.

Comment

• ^Thank you for remembering as well.

Whenever I see this performance of "Snuff" dedicated to Paul, I still get tears in my eyes. These guys really know how to celebrate a friend. I never saw him in person. I only recently went to my first Slipknot show. However I still feel so sorry for everyone effected by his death. I really hope no one here has a drug problem, and if so, please get help. There are always people who are going to miss you if something terrible happens.

Comment

• I need more dark nail polish. I've been alternating between white and my midnight blue. I have lots of old lighter colors and some bright colors...but just not wanting to wear most of them recently. :P

Comment

• I like combining them

Comment

• I haven't worn polish in a long time When I were ill in March my nails completely disintegrated and are only now growing out again in a state so I can use polish. I think I'll apply the raspberry this weekend

Comment

• Well, I've put a clear coat on until I can decide. It'll drive me nuts in a few days and I'll put something on there. I guess I could do the hot pink. It's kind of dark hot pink, and looks almost red most of the time...

Argh. Need new colors. Need to just throw out all the old blah colors I don't wear.

Comment

• Decided to go through all my old bottles of polish one last time and see if I still like them. If not, they go in the trash. Then I can buy new colors!! First up is Caribbean Frost, sort of a turquoise with tiny sparkles.

Kind of disappointing. The color is nice, but just seems kind of pale. I think my tastes have changed to wanting more vibrant colors if not super dark ones. I think I will toss t
                        this one. I have both greens and blues that I like more.

What's everyone doing this weekend? Anything fun? Looks like we will be having rain all weekend again, so not sure what we will do yet...

Comment

• ^It's gonna rain here too, so I'll be doing my laundry. The next week will be quite busy at work (300 students are having their exams, and I'm overseeing and comforting those that fail - maybe I'll go with the black polish ) and then next weekend I'm going with some photog-friends to Germany, Friedrichstadt.

Comment

• I should eventually pick up some black. I saw a super dark grey that I might get. I think you should go with the black for exams. You have so many fun trips! What are you going to be taking photos of this time?

Ugh. Getting a headache. Must be time for more coffee. Or possibly sleep. So coffee it is...

Comment

• ^Friedrichstadt is just a cute little town, so scenery mainly - and mostly going along on the trip for a chance to hang out with friends. (Though there will be some people I don't know).

Enjoy your coffee

Comment

• Great plan. Tomorrow is the opening of the swimming pool, so probably I'll go.

Comment

Working...
                                X