No announcement yet.

Whats on your mind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^According to her userpage RICHARD'S BIGGEST FAN was logged in exactly one month ago. Unless I'm reading something wrong. I really hope some of them come back. I used to read from this forum every once in a while before I joined. I also read threw some of the old stuff that has been posted here. Saddly I haven't been able to talk with many of these very active users who are no longer here.
    Last edited by Chrisss Nofff; 05-21-2015, 01:07 AM.

Comment

• ^I wonder if you also read through my lifad review and the many flamewars I battled against Waidmanns.
      "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• Yup, @RBF visits the forum, read some posts or PMs and leaves, sometimes she even post, but I don't think she will be a very active user again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snake View Post
          ^I wonder if you also read through my lifad review and the many flamewars I battled against Waidmanns.
          ^Oh yes, I have read your LIFAD criticism and Waidmann's responses. Great stuff .

I actually once wrote a piece where I defended LIFAD, for school. I got great response as well. Even when I showed some clips of the "Pussy" video (took some time to convince my teacher though) . First of all, I must say you made at least some solid points in your review and underlined your arguments.

I must say I liked the more basic hard rock/metal style the album had. Granted, it's not your typical "industrial-NDH-tanzmetal" combination that we where used to with Herzeleid and Sehnsucht. The album was promised to sound like the early material, however it was also supposed to be just as heavy as Rosenrot, and be as emotionally and original as Mutter. Although the final product was a little different, I do think it succeded at some level.

One issue I see with all the post Rosenrot material they have released (LIFAD, Mein Land etc.) is that not much of this material is 100% new and original. A lot of it is recycled from the Reise,Reise production. Mein Land and Vergiss uns Nicht were already written in 2004/2005. I think there is some inconsitensy, since they tried to fresh up their style but sometimes only re-wrote old material.

On the other hand, I consider the LIFAD era as a rather boring period Rammstein's career. They made some decisions in that time, which I think were a bit bad. Like the fact that the band pretty much toured 3 years with almost the EXACT same setlist. The tour itself had some other problems as well (not going into much detail now). Let's not forget the gigantic mess that happened before the album was released. When every major Rammstein fansite was sued and shut down.

As I am writing, I think I should actually write a longer response to your LIFAD review, but I need more time. Not tonight, I am too tired. But wait for it, there is a storm coming...

Comment

• ^Sure, bring it on.
            "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• I think if they come back with some new material after this break it will be interesting to see where they are musically. They're all in different places in their lives now than they were the last time they were writing. I really hope they give us some new "older" Rammstein, but we will see. Honestly anything new will be nice...

Comment

• ^If they decide to produce more Pussys, more B******s and more FiPs, then I'd rather to see them ressurect the MIG tour.

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• Originally posted by Snake View Post
                  ^If they decide to produce more Pussys, more B******s and more FiPs, then I'd rather to see them ressurect the MIG tour.
                  No, they can't! Than they'll just be "ye ol' Rammstein-show", and we can book them in Las Vegas every night and afterwards put them on the dusty shelf next to AC/DC, labelling them with 'living in the past, no surprises to be expected'. Lifad was a great record, and despite you tearing it down so often, you seem to like several songs on it anyways.

Oh, I it won't be long till that next Flamewar, mark my words! This time I might have Chrisss backing me up, Snake ! He seems to like Rammsteins latest record, as he is of course a man of taste.
                  Dort wo der Horizont
                  Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
                  Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
                  Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

• ^This does not work so well if you deliberately bait me into an argument, W.

But any album with 11 tracks where 3 of them are Pussy, B****** and FiP is rendered automatically a failure.

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• Well you are responding, but with no new argument. That's just being a bore.

Comment

• ^It is a simple and strong argument. Does not need to be new. Besides, I can't come up with anything novel to say, since I've been bitching and moaning about LIFAD since 2009.

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• It's a simple but not a strong argument. And it's constant repetition doesn't make it valid. Just boring

Comment

• So...Snake's complaints about LIFAD have in a way become LIFAD because of his inability to give us something new?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rose View Post
                              It's a simple but not a strong argument. And it's constant repetition doesn't make it valid. Just boring
                              That is relative. It is strong argument if you agree that those 3 songs are aberrations. If you consider them to be acceptable to awesome, then yeah, it might seem a weak argument.

Anyway, even I am tired of bitching about LIFAD. At least if they release a new album, I'll be able to finally have something novel to bitch about and try to innovate.

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• ^You have SSL, and soon you'll have SSL II and SiP.... or maybe you'll love them

Comment

Working...
                                X