No announcement yet.

Whats on your mind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^ Why would it be awkward? Have you ever done meet ups with people you've met on forums?

Comment

• ^I did, but the first tries are always meh.
      "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• ^That's why I was saying at a show it would be cool.

We've actually met lots of people from our other forum over the years. Made some good friends. There's meet up groups around the world now on there, and they go fairly well.

Comment

• I've met lot's of people I knew from on-line photo-groups, and some are now friends IRL. I don't see how it would be awkward to meet, since we already have a common interest. I think it would be quite fun, but I give that it's unlikely to happen :-)

Comment

• ^But that is precisely the problem: there is only one common interest. No matter how much we are into Rammstein, that is not enough to bring chemistry into a group of people, at least in IRL.
            "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• ^No, but it's a starting point. And I think we know a good deal about each other from here already to have an idea about each other. But you don't have to come if you're afraid we'll find out you're really a nice friendly guy

Comment

• ^It is a starting point that last we very few people. At least in my experience.

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• ^That's even more unlikely XD!

Nah, but it should be possible to a certain extend; for some people at least. That forum member Saar, who's never around anymore, even lives in the same city as I do .
                  But seriously, if some of us would ever be attending the same show... I'll probably go and see them in Germany the next time (as well as Belgium of course).

And come on, total strangers even meet. I'm sure I could spend a night with fellow- Rammsteinfans. I'm quite the talkative man . Chrisss probably too !
                  Last edited by Waidmann; 05-13-2015, 11:57 PM.
                  Dort wo der Horizont
                  Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
                  Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
                  Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

• Originally posted by Snake View Post
                    ^I did, but the first tries are always meh.
                    I had a great time the first time we met..... And now I discover it was meh ^^

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rose View Post
                      ^Come to Denmark: 10-15ºC and with the wind chill it feels like 4-5ºC. If it ever reaches 35ºC during July or August, it's a sensation
                      In August - July we 'll probably reach 42-44ºC

Originally posted by The Rose View Post
                      ^No, but it's a starting point. And I think we know a good deal about each other from here already to have an idea about each other. But you don't have to come if you're afraid we'll find out you're really a nice friendly guy
                      xD We already know that

Comment

• We do have other things in common. Doctor Who, Minions, superhero movies (except Batman of course ), Eisbrecher, other bands, making fun of Snake, etc. I think it'd be a great time

Comment

• Originally posted by Maya View Post
                          I had a great time the first time we met..... And now I discover it was meh ^^
                          I am talking about meetings of more than 2 people.

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• Excuses xD, and you met CW too.with lots of Portugueses, a pity you didn't meet AiH

So, it would be great.

Comment

• ^That wat so brief that we didn't even had a chance for awkwardness.

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• There is always a chance for awkwardness. And we have a lot of fun talking about it here.

Comment

Working...
                                X