• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Maya View Post
    ^It's the beginning, and he still continúes with BB
    Good point...
    Originally posted by Waidmann View Post
    I watch a lot of series now... Of course Game Of Thrones is among them. Any of you watch these: Arrow, Forever, Stalker, The Strain, The Walking Dead, Hannibal, Vikings or Grimm?
    The 2nd series of American Horror Story I liked as well. I can actually recommend any of these shows.
    My husband really likes Vikings. We watched the first couple seasons together (on demand usually, because kids) and I really liked it. He and my oldest watch The Flash together sometimes...when they remember. My oldest..well ok all three of my boys are HUGE into superheroes.

I should watch Arrow because John Barrowman, but just haven't really had the time to binge watch TV in ages. About 2 years I think.

We are thinking about rereading ASoIaF and then starting to watch Game of Thrones. I am hesitant because of the discrepancies...and because Martin WON'T FINISH WRITING THE F-ING BOOKS WE'VE BEEN READING FOR 14 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Originally posted by The Rose View Post
    but I must admit to liking Big Bang Theory, but don't tell anyone
    Me too!!! love that show and I watch re-runs whenever I see them on.

Of course Doctor Who is the best show ever, but we're still months from the next season and for some reason they are not showing any previous seasons on demand right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by EmeraldRose View Post

We are thinking about rereading ASoIaF and then starting to watch Game of Thrones. I am hesitant because of the discrepancies...and because Martin WON'T FINISH WRITING THE F-ING BOOKS WE'VE BEEN READING FOR 14 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!
      I'm re-reading it, very slowly, I don't have much time. I was mad after The Lord of the Rings, that's why I haven't watched the series.
      So glad I'm not alone. See Snake??????

When he stops with BB he begins with GoT....

Comment

• ^(BB & BCS) > GoT

Daredevil > (Arrow | TheFlash)
        "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• Buf..............

Comment

• LoTR > GoT

GotG > Batman

*smirks*

Comment

• The Walking Dead, The Odd Couple, The Big Bang theory, IZombie, Family Guy, South Park. After feeling a bit dubious about it I also got into ZNation and enjoyed the first season.
              I have to admit that recently I've been downloading and watching old series from when I was a kid/teenager, so I suppose I've been on a bit of a nostalgia trip.
              All of the above shows I download and watch. I never watch actual terrestrial tv because if it's not showing so called 'Reality TV' its showing fucking Downton Abby! I hate that shit!

Comment

• I rarely watch series nowadays... American Horror Story is the only one I am watching now. It is a little bit too scary for me, but I still like it.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rose View Post
                  And I think I know too much of actual Viking history and mythology not to be irritated when I see the show.

I try not to see shows that run over to many episodes, but I must admit to liking Big Bang Theory, but don't tell anyone
                  That first thing is something you should get over. Most series / films don't claim to recreate the actual past and nor does this one. The makers are always aware their so-called mistakes are 'tactical' changes, because they think they could improve something to the story. If they really improve it by doing that, that's another question. And I'm sure the viewers are not easily deluded and don't take historical series / movies for granted (on the contrary: these things often make them look up the real events behind the production).

I watch TBBT as well , although it loses much of its charm. Often I only like half the episode or less. Like in most sitcoms the characters are becoming a bit caricatures.

BB has a great story, but too be honest I really can't stand some characters. And some of them ruined it for me with their absolutely laughable acting skills. Never made it through the 1st season because of that and I never will.
                  Last edited by Waidmann; 05-08-2015, 12:17 AM.
                  Dort wo der Horizont
                  Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
                  Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
                  Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

• Last night at my internship. It was kind of sad to say goodbye and leave knowing I won't be going back. But on the other hand, my hours are all done and I just have to email my final time sheet.

Sitting in my very last seminar class right now.

It's really almost over. I can't believe it...

Comment

• Congratulations!!!!!

Have you find something new for your future free time?

Comment

• Originally posted by EmeraldRose View Post
                        Last night at my internship. It was kind of sad to say goodbye and leave knowing I won't be going back. But on the other hand, my hours are all done and I just have to email my final time sheet.

Sitting in my very last seminar class right now.

It's really almost over. I can't believe it...
                        I inexcusably forgot to congratulate you yet on finishing your internship. Well done, it's a real achievement to do such a thing whilst combining it with working and children . Glad it worked all out for you, you definetly made the impossible possible . Bravo!
                        And as for free time... it'll autmatically fill up , hopefully with some interesting projects, although I do suggest you take it easy, just to be sure and especially because you earned rest. There's more to life than toiling .
                        Dort wo der Horizont
                        Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
                        Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
                        Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

• Originally posted by Maya View Post
                          Congratulations!!!!!

Have you find something new for your future free time?
                          Not yet. Don't have any Actually, I slept incredibly well last night even though I was up later than usual. I feel really good today

Originally posted by Waidmann View Post
                          I inexcusably forgot to congratulate you yet on finishing your internship. Well done, it's a real achievement to do such a thing whilst combining it with working and children . Glad it worked all out for you, you definetly made the impossible possible . Bravo!
                          And as for free time... it'll autmatically fill up , hopefully with some interesting projects, although I do suggest you take it easy, just to be sure and especially because you earned rest. There's more to life than toiling .
                          It's in no way inexcusable. Thank you for the congrats though I'm not really sure exactly how I did it. I look back at the past two years and I have to really wonder if I've been insane...I know there was a lot of coffee and loud music.

One thing I plan to do now is to get my health back into my own hands. There've been too many nights of fast food and frozen pizzas just because there was no time or energy to do anything else. I am really looking forward to making real meals again. With real food

Comment

• Originally posted by Waidmann View Post
                            People!

How nice of you all to notice my absence and expressing your appreciation toward me . I just read everything (I think) happening here this morning, trying to catch up. Normally I'll be fully operational here from now on, although I see I'm not needed at all to provide info, thoughts and keep things going. But still... I must say I'm a bit touched by your kindness .

For those who want to know: my brief checking out had nothing to do with either you guys or other boards, my professional life or some kind of depression. It's a very odd coincidence that my last post happened to be a negative one. At that moment I was just a bit overworked, and to fit the situation I posted a fitting quote (indeed from the song "Dash" by Ron Thal Bumblefoot, well-spotted, Maya ).
                            The day after that I was involved in a train accident. I wasn't hurt badly (just a few scratches and bruises, like the rest of the people in the wagon), but nevertheless I must've bumped my head really hard for I had a severe concussion (not really a concussion apparently, but sth like it). The effect was constant migraine and most important of all partial memory loss and trouble with, well, almost everything. It took me weeks to regain myself, from doing excercices to get my memory back and taking heavy medicine to diminish the headache. Now I'm officially recovered, back to work starting from tomorrow and it's like nothing happened at all .

Welcome back Waidmann!!!!!!!!! I had a busy week, therefore I write my response a little late. I hope you are fine now and fully recovered.

Comment

• Originally posted by Waidmann View Post
                              My god, all these emoticons... Are you a 16 year-old girl or what? Jeezes!

Comment

• @Montségur

One more provocation towards W or anyone else here, and you are out of this forum. This counts also if you harass anyone in PM. One more strike, and you are done.
                                "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

Working...
                                X