No announcement yet.

Whats on your mind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^Relax, you'll be on time. Don't worry, just do it step by step.

Comment

• Hello, I am coming after everything about Affenknecht name was already discussed and it was some funny reading.
      I was wondering if the history is not on Wikipedia, and it is obviously not

So here is the fully, uncensored story:

The original website rammstein-europe.com had serious issues with pilgrim management (former Rammstein management). The lawyers asked me to cease and decease (not sure if I am writing it right) the use of "Rammstein" trademark and stop infringing their copyrights / trademarks. I was so disappointed at this time - I felt like a slave of Rammstein - serving them, making their name more famous, acting like a free global advertiser.

Some months ago I created a fake single cover photo to tease the fans little bit - it was Affenknecht (monkey slave). Once I gave up the usage of rammstein-europe.com, I had to come with a new name (because I liked the website and wanted to continue!!!). I realized that Affenkencht single was something that was nowhere else. And there was also nothing like that on the internet - so it should not harm or violate any laws

I registered the website and asked the fans to create a logo - you can see the winner on the homepage - I think it was Mr. Flooo who made it, but I am not sure.

If you search Affenknecht now, you will find fake videos, user names, even a Rammstein cover band who took our name and adopted it. But you can be 100 % sure that the name appeared first here and since its start it has been seen by at least 10.000.000 people worldwide.

Luckily there were no legal issues since this change and also internet is now different - all official videos online, all new pictures on Facebook, all music free on Spotify. The power of Affenknecht is hidden in the lyric translations and I will be personally happy to translate some new lyrics in the future!
      sigpic
      Whatever you do may seem insignificant, but it is most important that you do it.

Comment

• ^External- Thanks for telling us the story! Sad though the beginning may have been, I'm incredibly grateful that Affenknecht is here now

Comment

• Yup. most people would have closed and said goodbye

Comment

• Thank you for telling us the full story, External. You're the man.
            "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• Indeed, thx External! That knowledge gives a nice dimension to the site .
              Dort wo der Horizont
              Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
              Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
              Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

• I'm half drunk and I'm listening to some early 70's Santana. Life just got a whole lot better!

Comment

• ^You cannot go much wrong with early Santana, I might join you and have a glass of FeuerWasser

Comment

• Life is what happens in between forgetting to hit save and starting from scratch .
                    Dort wo der Horizont
                    Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
                    Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
                    Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

• So now you have the chance to do it better

Comment

• ^Your post number 777 is very

No doubt life is too short. I've seen your post is part of a song.

Take care Waidmann, hope you are ok.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rose View Post
                          Neither do I, and after a week with only three working days is even worse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maya View Post
                            Neither do I, and after a week with only three working days is even worse.
                            Well, besides a couple of hours on Tuesday, I haven't been at work for two weeks, because of my flu/pneumonia - oh and I don't have to be in until next Monday, because I still have some vacation days, and I have to take those before the end of the month

Comment

• :O

Here is very common to have to go to work being sick, it depends on your doctor. Hope you have recovered and now can enjoy your holidays.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maya View Post
                                :O

Here is very common to have to go to work being sick, it depends on your doctor. Hope you have recovered and now can enjoy your holidays.
                                Normally I would take maybe one-two days off, but this time i couldn't walk from my kitchen to my bedroom without gasping for breath and I slept 16-18 hours a day for the first week. I cannot remember being this ill in my adult life, but I'm better now and besides some serious coughing - which the doctor informs me will last for another 2-4 weeks - I'm fine. Still a bit tired, so the extra days will do me good.

Comment

Working...
                                X