Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ER: How was your presentation?

Originally posted by Maya View Post
    Minion hats are so amazing... Tonight I will try to find it for you. There is a LIFAD member who sells hats and gloves, she has amazing creations, maybe she can inspire you.
    Here you can find some of her Rammstein creations: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...6546478&type=3

And here is her shop: http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/home/tinybully

Comment

• ^ Wow. My stuff is not that good. Also I don't know how to knit. I think it would be more difficult to do those in crochet. I don't have the option of looping multiple colors in like that. I will have to figure out another way but I don't think my brain is able to process anything new right now.

Presentation was fine. Powerpoints are easy to do. Problem was it was four people in our group and one woman had over 20 slides of stuff because for some reason she decided the information in the chapter wasn't enough for her section. If I hadn't been so tired and really just not caring anymore in general I would've left out her extra slides and told her to just stick to the chapter. As it was she talked for nearly an hour and another was before her, and I was left with about 5 minutes and the one after me had no time at all.

So basically, it was fine and I really only had to put the thing together.

Comment

• I've been stressed out a lot from work. So that's been weighing heavily on me. Right now I'm listening to Enya and R+. That makes me feel a little bit better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bella Lindemann View Post
          I've been stressed out a lot from work. So that's been weighing heavily on me. Right now I'm listening to Enya and R+. That makes me feel a little bit better.
          That's too bad! Hold on, better times are always coming, however far or impossible they seem. But if you're anything like me: avoid the album Rosenrot when you're depressed XD. The heavy melancholic feeling that breaths from the record can easily be transdferred to its listener .
          Dort wo der Horizont
          Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
          Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
          Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

• It's Mothers day here in England, so may I wish a happy Mothers day to all your moms.

Comment

• Originally posted by Art in Heaven View Post
              It's Mothers day here in England, so may I wish a happy Mothers day to all your moms.
              In Spain is the first Sunday of May, so let's celebrate both. Happy Mother's day!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by EmeraldRose View Post
                ^ Wow. My stuff is not that good. Also I don't know how to knit. I think it would be more difficult to do those in crochet. I don't have the option of looping multiple colors in like that. I will have to figure out another way but I don't think my brain is able to process anything new right now.

Presentation was fine. Powerpoints are easy to do. Problem was it was four people in our group and one woman had over 20 slides of stuff because for some reason she decided the information in the chapter wasn't enough for her section. If I hadn't been so tired and really just not caring anymore in general I would've left out her extra slides and told her to just stick to the chapter. As it was she talked for nearly an hour and another was before her, and I was left with about 5 minutes and the one after me had no time at all.

So basically, it was fine and I really only had to put the thing together.
                I was trying to find some ideas for you, only that... I'm sure your designs are amazing too.

Wow, one hour.. no doubt she knows what's teamwork. Hope those 5 minutes were enough for you.

Comment

• Why is this site called "affenknecht" anyway? And why did I never thought of asking...
                  Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

• ^It was originally named "rammstein-europe". There is a very ugly story behind the name change.
                    "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• Well, a few years ago I read External's rant about how they changed it (not sure where I read it actually?), but I can't recall the reason for the name "Affenknecht"...
                      Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

• Originally posted by Waidmann View Post
                        Well, a few years ago I read External's rant about how they changed it (not sure where I read it actually?), but I can't recall the reason for the name "Affenknecht"...
                        Yeah, I too recall the reason, but not the why. I'm not even sure what it means, google-translate into both Danish and English makes no sense.

Comment

• ^Well, the litteral translation of the name would be either "Ape-knight" (if you interpret "Knecht" as the medieval word for knight) or "Ape-servant" (if you interpret "Knecht" as post-medieval, westgermanic word for servant). I can't come up with another way to read it...
                          Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

• I think the name was chosen by the people that frequented the old forum, but I am not sure.
                            "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• Originally posted by Waidmann View Post
                              ^Well, the litteral translation of the name would be either "Ape-knight" (if you interpret "Knecht" as the medieval word for knight) or "Ape-servant" (if you interpret "Knecht" as post-medieval, westgermanic word for servant). I can't come up with another way to read it...
                              That's why I mean it doesn't make sense. That's the meaning I get in Danish as well

Comment

• Tina (@Jorge's girlfriend) explained to me, it means "monkey slave" or something similar, I'm not sure but I think she told me it's used when someone works very hard and almost have no life.

And it must be true, but we can ask External, he posted this:

Read the lyrics...
                                http://en.affenknecht.com/rammstein-...he-new-single/
                                Last edited by Maya; 03-16-2015, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X