No announcement yet.

Whats on your mind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would like to share something I just posted on Facebook.

Edgar Froese, the founding member of avant garde German electronic rock band Tangerine dream has died at the age of 70.
    There is little I can say to properly express my love for this band other than that their music, and in particular Edgar's guitar, touched my soul.

If there is a true possibility of creating modern synthesized music without any mental barriers, I would consider myself as one of the strongest followers of such a movement.”
    Edgar Froese 06 June 1944 - 20 January 2015.

R.I.P.

Comment

• Working very hard these days, usually leaving home at 7.45h and arriving back home after 22h, with still some work to finish at home. I'm forced to skip my pauses as well. Feeling very empty, feeverish with headaches now, but people are really depending on me, so I'll have to pull through. But I find the strength to smile somehow .
      Last edited by Waidmann; 01-29-2015, 12:08 AM. Reason: I'm longing for the crush of rushing trains over me.
      Dort wo der Horizont
      Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
      Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
      Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

• Yep. I know how you feel. I want nothing more than to just go to sleep and stay for days. With no one that I have to take care of and nowhere I have to be. There's this simmering rage that is always there and wants very little to set it off.

Comment

• If you still smile is a good sign, more quiet times will come for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by EmeraldRose View Post
            Yep. I know how you feel. I want nothing more than to just go to sleep and stay for days. With no one that I have to take care of and nowhere I have to be. There's this simmering rage that is always there and wants very little to set it off.
            Uhu, but with me, it's actually the others that keep me going, you know. I feel as if there's not much left of me and whenever I'll get some me-time, I think I'll actually for an instant won't know what to do. I practically erased every bit of myself these last weeks and it's all in the service of someone else. I think I'll have to work on that. The only thing is that I have to keep strong for all the rest, being optimistic and energetic while I feel the sadness and ache for rest build up inside of me.

But as Maya pointed out, I'll always remain positive somehow. Getting this out of me to you guys already makes me feel better and the two reactions are very well appreciated .
            Last edited by Waidmann; 01-29-2015, 11:44 PM. Reason: When David was hit by a rock and was knocked off his donkey, don't say he was stoned off his ass
            Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

• Originally posted by Waidmann View Post
              Uhu, but with me, it's actually the others that keep me going, you know. I feel as if there's not much left of me and whenever I'll get some me-time, I think I'll actually for an instant won't know what to do. I practically erased every bit of myself these last weeks and it's all in the service of someone else. I think I'll have to work on that. The only thing is that I have to keep strong for all the rest, being optimistic and energetic while I feel the sadness and ache for rest build up inside of me.
              You should work on that for sure. Or the moment you think they don't need you, will come a bigger fall.

Comment

• I think there are things I need to work on within, and to be honest right now I don't think I have the energy (or time) to actually go to someone to do it. I am trying to spend the time I have looking honestly at my feelings and my anger and trying to figure out why. Granted there has been a hell of a lot happening in my life the last year, some very good and some very bad, and lots in the middle, so my emotions are sort of all over the place.

Having school be done in a few months will definitely ease some of the current stress, which will make things a little better overall.

In the meantime, I am crocheting lots of things. I found I am quite good at making hats. Mittens, not so much. Hot pads for the kitchen just piss me off.

So if any of you wants a hat, let me know the colors you like and I will make you one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maya View Post
                  You should work on that for sure. Or the moment you think they don't need you, will come a bigger fall.
                  Well, luckily in my job as a teacher I'm always quite needed. But you're right that I should work on it. I'll start by joining to friends to an Epica and Dragonforce concert this sunday .
                  And I promise I'll work on the fact that I'm absolutely clueless about how the multi quoting here works.

@EmeraldRose: I lost my Rammstein wool hat 3 years ago , so feel free to make me one ! Especially if it works therapeutically (or however that's spelled ). With how shipping works these days, I'm bound to receive it as a late retirement gift!

It's a pity we're from all over the world, because it would be great if we once could meet with several forum members!
                  Last edited by Waidmann; 01-30-2015, 10:09 PM. Reason: No, we don't refer to Jesus Christ as "The late J.C."
                  Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

• ^ No worries. For multi-quote, you just click the quote+ button for whichever posts you want to include, then click the reply to thread button. They should all pop up.

Hmm...now I'm wondering if I could make up an R+ pattern for a hat...or maybe get the + into the pattern and then stitch an R? Hmm....If I can figure it out, then it'll be hats for everyone

Comment

• Originally posted by Waidmann View Post
                      Well, luckily in my job as a teacher I'm always quite needed. But you're right that I should work on it. I'll start by joining to friends to an Epica and Dragonforce concert this sunday .

It's a pity we're from all over the world, because it would be great if we once could meet with several forum members!
                      Summer is coming..... xD And with it, holidays. i was talking about this, after stressing times, if suddenly you are free on your own, you can be totally lost. That concert is a good beginning for sure.

I would find very interesting meeting some members, well I'm lucky, at the moment I have already met two. I think Snake is the one that have met more.

Comment

I think there are things I need to work on within, and to be honest right now I don't think I have the energy (or time) to actually go to someone to do it. I am trying to spend the time I have looking honestly at my feelings and my anger and trying to figure out why. Granted there has been a hell of a lot happening in my life the last year, some very good and some very bad, and lots in the middle, so my emotions are sort of all over the place.

Having school be done in a few months will definitely ease some of the current stress, which will make things a little better overall.
                        This year have to be a great one for you, and once you finish school, you'll have more time for yourself. Things will get better and you could work on your feelings and feel much better, you'll see.

And you can always sell the things you are crochetting.. xD
                        Last edited by Maya; 02-04-2015, 06:28 PM.

Comment

• Hmm...I don't know about selling the things I make. It is fun and helping my mood but selling them is...well...I don't think I'm anywhere close to a point like that. I'd rather make things and give them to friends and family right now. I put the hat I made for my mom in the mail today and I hope it makes her smile. That will make the time spent worth it.

I would love to figure out a good pattern and make hats for you guys, then we would have a thing no one else would.

On on the other hand, black is a pain in the ass to crochet, so I may look at using this gorgeous grey yarn I found...

I am actually very excited about this! How can I make this work...

autocorrect on my phone is really not good. I will edit the horrible mistakes later. ..
                          Last edited by EmeraldRose; 01-31-2015, 07:13 PM. Reason: I'm awake now

Comment

I would love to figure out a good pattern and make hats for you guys, then we would have s thing no one else would.

On on the other hand, black is a pain in the ass to crochet, so I may look at using this gorgeous grey yarn I found...

i am am actually very excited about this! How can I makf this work...
                            That grey will go well with my new scarf I bought in Lübeck, which is grey on one side, black on the other and the edges are burgundy-red.

But most importantly: Take care of yourself, concentrate on finishing your studies and think of all the time you'll have after it's over.

I'm worried about my mother, since she's been alone she shows increasing signs of dementia, maybe my stepfather kept that from us, and now she is also loosing her sight, we hope the last thing can be somewhat helped with an operation, but it's not easy when she is living alone and even when the very helpful neighbour looks in on her every day and help her shopping and remind her of doctor's appointments etc. (we couldn't get by without that neighbour, as my stepsister lives in another part of the country and I live two hours away on public transport - I don't ride a car). So every time my phone rings at odd hours I worry it might be bad news. So I stress a bit, which manifest as a feeling of being tired all the time, even if I just got out of bed,

Well I hope at least work tapers off in the coming weeks and that I'll find time to go see my sister for a couple of days. Next weekend I'm going to the town of Odense to meet up with some of my photo-group. That will be a nice break from the worries.

Comment

• @ER What about a R+ minion hat?

About selling them, it was a suggestion, there will come a time when you won't know what to do with them. At the moment, it's much better giving them to family and friends and of course the relaxing part of crocheting, there was a time that I used crossed stitch for that, it made me felt much better (I've got an alphabet half done, I should finish it).

@The Rose I'm sorry about your mum, hope you could be more near. And that her sight and health get better.
                              Will you show us some of your photos? After next weekend, you'll feel much better, for me those days I feel completely free and relaxed, it's like leaving everything behind for some hours.

Comment

• @The Rose: I get indeed how that constant worrying (even if it's just somewhere in the back of your head) is tiresome. I hope you find the strength to pull through and hope things look worse than they are.
                                Try every now and than to focus on the good things coming.
                                Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

Working...
                                X