No announcement yet.

Whats on your mind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With the four month plan you could see it, 2 weeks it's not enough. It would be better 2 months, but I didn't see it.

EDIT: mmm maybe it's not enough, how many bags do you need for a month?
    Last edited by Maya; 01-22-2015, 07:54 PM. Reason: :P

Comment

• Making coffee at home or your office instead of buying take-away is always a money-saver, and usually a better quality. So go for it

Comment

• Originally posted by Maya View Post
        With the four month plan you could see it, 2 weeks it's not enough. It would be better 2 months, but I didn't see it.

EDIT: mmm maybe it's not enough, how many bags do you need for a month?
        I'm not exactly sure how much. I don't buy a bag of coffee every week, but maybe every two or three? I think it depends how much sleep I'm getting. But if I buy two bags of cheaper coffee every 3 weeks that's a bag every week and a half. So I think a bag of stronger coffee every two weeks would work? I really doubt one bag a month would be enough, but I just don't know.

Looks like they have a bag every 2 weeks for $20, or one a month for 4 months ($25/month) or one a month for a year ($23/month). The coffee runs $20/bag anyway, but the subscription includes shipping which I think is extra for regular orders.
        Originally posted by The Rose View Post
        Making coffee at home or your office instead of buying take-away is always a money-saver, and usually a better quality. So go for it
        I probably will, just need to figure out which is most cost effective.

I need to see if I can cancel the bi-weekly one whenever if needed, but otherwise I think that one is the best cost? $40 a month on coffee? Does that seem high? The coffees I get from the shop are around $4 each, so I need to stop them anyway :P

At least there's no Rammstein coffee. Because I think I would have to buy it...
        Last edited by EmeraldRose; 01-22-2015, 08:56 PM. Reason: coffeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Comment

• In place of Coffee I can happily recommend Wine or Beer.But then, I AM a Con-o-Sewer

Comment

• Originally posted by EmeraldRose View Post
            I'm not exactly sure how much. I don't buy a bag of coffee every week, but maybe every two or three? I think it depends how much sleep I'm getting. But if I buy two bags of cheaper coffee every 3 weeks that's a bag every week and a half. So I think a bag of stronger coffee every two weeks would work? I really doubt one bag a month would be enough, but I just don't know.

Looks like they have a bag every 2 weeks for $20, or one a month for 4 months ($25/month) or one a month for a year ($23/month). The coffee runs $20/bag anyway, but the subscription includes shipping which I think is extra for regular orders.

I probably will, just need to figure out which is most cost effective.

I need to see if I can cancel the bi-weekly one whenever if needed, but otherwise I think that one is the best cost? $40 a month on coffee? Does that seem high? The coffees I get from the shop are around $4 each, so I need to stop them anyway :P

At least there's no Rammstein coffee. Because I think I would have to buy it...
            And what about buying it without subscription? This way you could see it without compromise, and if it worth it, then you subscribe. There's free shipping over 50$, so you can buy over that price and see what happens.

Comment

• ^ I've tried both the regular blend and the Valhalla Java. Both are fantastic, but I prefer the regular blend. I think it is $19.99/ pound plus shipping, so basically the savings is on shipping cost.

@AiH- both lovely options, but not something I need to start drinking first thing out of bed each day.
              Last edited by EmeraldRose; 01-23-2015, 12:49 AM. Reason: there will be wine after internship tonight...

Comment

• ^i was trying to say, you could buy 3 bags and see if you finish them after 1 month and a half or more. And decide later about subscribing or not, as shipping for this order would be free.

Comment

• or you could drink the coffee without coffeine, and do some tens of pushups, standups, situps and it would have a better effect. probably =o

im glad noone was worried that i died or something. or noone cared. i dont know when i posted the last time. it feels like years ago. like everything else

Comment

• Originally posted by Maya View Post
                    ^i was trying to say, you could buy 3 bags and see if you finish them after 1 month and a half or more. And decide later about subscribing or not, as shipping for this order would be free.
                    Oooooh ok! That's not a bad idea...

So the bag of "regular" coffee that I got last weekend will be out today. But this week has been a two pot a day kind of week, with both of us awake in the mornings, and very little sleep otherwise.

I may need to buy more coffee...

Originally posted by You View Post
                    or you could drink the coffee without coffeine, and do some tens of pushups, standups, situps and it would have a better effect. probably =o

im glad noone was worried that i died or something. or noone cared. i dont know when i posted the last time. it feels like years ago. like everything else
                    Coffee...without....caffeine? This is a thing? I'm kidding. I've done half/half before as well as totally decaf, but I will be honest, I don't think it has a place in my life right now. And yes, I do need to be exercising. I know. I just am not.

Also....you go AGES without posting anything. Just because we don't say "Hey, where's You? They haven't posted in like...a week" it doesn't mean we think you died or don't care.

Glad you didn't die though

Comment

• Originally posted by EmeraldRose View Post
                      Glad you didn't die though

im not so much, or how to say.
                      things only got worse actually. even worse. i cant use my only source of friends where there were no friends anymore anyway.
                      the only things i discovered, or... got further or whatever , is that start.mozilla.org kindof looks like the start page i had before. but hits me with a popup message crap every time that i should update my browser, and doesnt have the google tabs at the top.
                      and that if i add noj=1 after a google link it will have the same black tabs thing instead of the mobile centered annoying bullshit... i think
                      besides that, even if i ever get back anything, my life is going away until then

Comment

• ^ I'm not sure that anything I can say will help you feel better about your life or your self, but I hope that you know you can come here and get out anything that needs to be gotten out. We will listen.

Comment

• ION- I am debating whether to start crocheting the hat for my mom, or the mittens for the kids. Gotta say, I'm really enjoying making stuff and it's a lot easier than I remember it being when I was a kid. Plus there's so many patterns online for really cute stuff.

Except for the potholder I decided to make out of leftover bits of yarn. It looks like it was made in the dark by a no handed troll. Don't ask me how that would be possible, but the pattern was impossible! Well no, just a pain. And it took waaaaaay more yarn than it said. And I just got sick of it to be perfectly honest.

So on to more fun things that are quick to make.

Comment

• You should start on your Doctor-scarf! If you start now it might be ready for next Winter

Comment

• ^ I have a pattern, just have to buy the yarn.

Comment

• Originally posted by You View Post
                                or you could drink the coffee without coffeine, and do some tens of pushups, standups, situps and it would have a better effect. probably =o

It's not the first time you disappear for months. Glad to see you are OK

Originally posted by You View Post
                                im not so much, or how to say.
                                things only got worse actually. even worse. i cant use my only source of friends where there were no friends anymore anyway.
                                the only things i discovered, or... got further or whatever , is that start.mozilla.org kindof looks like the start page i had before. but hits me with a popup message crap every time that i should update my browser, and doesnt have the google tabs at the top.
                                and that if i add noj=1 after a google link it will have the same black tabs thing instead of the mobile centered annoying bullshit... i think
                                besides that, even if i ever get back anything, my life is going away until then
                                Try to look ahead.

Comment

Working...
                                X