No announcement yet.

Whats on your mind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^Thank you. That's a nice tradition. We don't have traditions like that. We toast in champagne and some people sing a special New Years hymn and then every one run outside and light up the fireworks.

Comment

• After The grapes we drink champagne or cava and them there are fireworks and petards. And later some people go to parties or continue celebration at home.

Comment

• I already knew about the tradition behind the grapes Maya, but the wierd thing is that two completely different English tv quiz shows have used the origin of this tradition as one of their questions in the last week.
        I think they've been watching you!

Anyway, happy new year everyone. May this year be the one where all we hope for happens.

Comment

• Happy Belated New Year, everyone! I haven't been on here in awhile but I'm going to try to log in at least once a week. I hope you all enjoyed your New Year's Day and have a great weekend. Peace and love

Comment

• Originally posted by Art in Heaven View Post
            I already knew about the tradition behind the grapes Maya, but the wierd thing is that two completely different English tv quiz shows have used the origin of this tradition as one of their questions in the last week.
            I think they've been watching
            That's very funny. If you are bored next year, you can participate vía TVE international channel, Don't forget The grapes

Comment

• Happy new year AiH and Bella

You have written it..... Hope to see you often Bella

Comment

• Originally posted by Bella Lindemann View Post
                I hope you all enjoyed your New Year's Day and have a great weekend.
                eh eh... nice joke.
                on the first day of the year, i got deeper in shit, and everything is now totally hopeless. and a person also died in our house.
                on the second, my most important friend i havent seen for years and hoped would come back told me she wont come back and lives happily without me and others.
                if im right this is the third. but i dont know anymore. wasting my time trying to get back my old life, even after years. and its all hopeless.
                while im trying to revert meaningless changes, other changes will happen, and i will become even more lost, progress will cease to happen even more. yes im being negative and pessimist and whining and shit again. maybe in some days noone will have to endure me anymore

Comment

• ^ You can come here and say anything that needs to be said. Likewise I will tell you I think it may be time to seek some sort of professional help. If not a therapist, then a clergy member or social worker or something. And it should be someone in person, not over the internet. You need to find an actual professional because sometimes we can't make the changes happen on our own.

And in terms of getting back to your old life, you may need to consider the possibility that it won't happen, and that you need to look to the future and where your life is now.

Let me share this with you:

You have to accept life on life's terms. You can't force others to change, and there is little you can control in life sometimes. And while it may seem trite, there is wisdom within the serenity prayer. I have leaned on it rather heavily over the last two months. Regardless of any religious mindest you may have (because this is not the time or place to get into that) just consider the meaning behind the words.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.
                  Last edited by EmeraldRose; 01-03-2015, 06:55 PM.

Comment

• The question in this topic is "What's on your mind?", so it's legit to post here whatever you like to, You. And we all know silence actually isn't golden when you're holding it inside.
                    You may act as if or really believe or maybe even hope nobody cares about you, but that's never true. I've hit rock bottom very hard in the past, but in the end I had to realize it was only a fase and today my life has completely changed and I did lose a lot, but I'm ever so happy I pulled true. Life isn't essentially bad or good, which basically means it's mainly what you make of it. There's so much in your own hands, and if you get the feeling you're losing hold of it, remember things do come back and as the bad things come to you, good things will too. It never pays let things build up inside of you, and it's always better to get up after the beating, even if you can't say why yet. When a lot of bad things happen to you, your mind gets clouded and it's hard to see anything but the pain. But we all should know there's more than we can see. Don't give up yet, mate. Let some music or sports cheer you up maybe. Or write some stuff down, whatever. Life is too valuable to let it be ruined by bad misadventures, believe me.
                    Last edited by Waidmann; 01-03-2015, 08:18 PM. Reason: Angel,I would steal a rainbow...
                    Dort wo der Horizont
                    Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
                    Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
                    Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

• You can't go back, maybe you see all black now, but maybe tomorrow it will be grey. Things change and not always for worse, don't lose hope. You can change it.

The best for year 2015 @You

Comment

• The world would be a sadder place without you.

Comment

• See, this is why you guys are so great

Comment

• *sigh*

Do boys get injured more than girls? I mean I remember getting hurt as a kid, but seriously I feel like my 6 year old is always getting hurt. This morning it was another head injury. His older brother was chasing him around and he slipped in the kitchen and hit the back of his head on a corner. It bled like crazy of course, but I think he's ok. It's only about a half inch cut and not deep. He's going to have a hell of a headache for awhile though. :P

Feel like I'm going to have a heart attack though.

Comment

• Yes, boys get hurt more. But keep an eye on him, if he starts to feel nauseousness you might have to take him to see a doctor. I hope he heals fast.

Comment

• ^ Yeah, I'm watching him. He's had some tylenol and lots of ice on it. He's playing again like nothing happened. Ate two hardboiled eggs and looking for more food, so I think he'll be fine. Right now he's running around playing with my TARDIS.

Comment

Working...
                                X