Whats on your mind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=Waidmann;20805
    Not sure why you quote the demo... Seriously, if you complain about shallowness, try to avoid shallowness in you own way of describing . With your lack of cohesion and interpunction you're often hard to understand to the full.[/QUOTE]

um =o its becouse i think the lines from the demo they left out later culd make it clearer what they wanted originally.
    i think it culd be about seeing like a child, not wanting the soul culd mean not wanting to act like them,or have their naivity

Comment

• Originally posted by Waidmann View Post
      Well, I haven't read all of them tbh, but so far I haven't encountered ones that weren't plausible somehow. To many I'd like to add my views once.

You see?
      Well, I haven't read them all either and I agree with you on the on the examples you mention, that they are quite "stupid". I mostly use the translations here as a help, when I hear something in a song and go "Huh, what did he sing there?" Having had German in school helps, though as I've said before, most of it went away when I learned Dutch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maya View Post
        @Waidmann, if you correct it, I will be a pain in the ass until they change them or give me powers to do it myself. And better I will use it as source for the Spanish translation, in my to-do list for a long time, but only thinking about doing it with four or five sources in other languages make me feel sick....
        Ah well, it's not easy either. I would correct it if you're really up to that (I am), but I can understand if you're not.
        Dort wo der Horizont
        Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
        Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
        Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

• I am always interested in good translations, I know there are many mistakes in Affenknecht, I can't speak German so I don't understand anything, and Rammstein lyrics are so special... I would love to understand the meaning.

I have corrected some of the Spanish lyrics, sometimes they weren't complete or had mistakes, people report them, now I receive an email for each comment, so I check them. My problem is that I can't speak German, so I use many sources trying to find the correct one (imagine it), last time for 8 lines missing I spent 4 hours and used sources in German (google translator English/Spanish), Spanish, English and Portuguese; and the worst of it is I don't know if I did a good work or not.

I have changed and created new pages for Affenknecht ES (not all I should), but I it takes me a lot of time, and I haven't much, each time I 'm going to start I don't know where to begin, so I postpone it... the next one is easy, Gib Mir Deine Augen lyrics, now I know where to begin, but it's going to be really hard...

So imagine if I'm interested in reliable and not literal English translations.....doubly interested, as a fan, and as editor of the page.

@Snakeeeee What do you think? (P.S.: Say YES)

Comment

• ^I could start checking the lyrics and send you my english translations if you'd like that (and of course if the ones here are incorrect or not too well).
            Dort wo der Horizont
            Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
            Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
            Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

• I used to work for a translating company (TV/film subtitles, books etc.) and the translators there always said, it's not how well you know the language you're translating from, but how well you know the language you're translating into.

Comment

• Originally posted by Waidmann View Post
                ^I could start checking the lyrics and send you my english translations if you'd like that (and of course if the ones here are incorrect or not too well).
                That would be Awesome!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Maya View Post
                  @Snakeeeee What do you think? (P.S.: Say YES)
                  Sure, we do need help with lyrics.
                  Last edited by Snake; 11-04-2014, 02:12 AM.
                  "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rose View Post
                    I used to work for a translating company (TV/film subtitles, books etc.) and the translators there always said, it's not how well you know the language you're translating from, but how well you know the language you're translating into.
                    That's true, if you don't change the story xD

Comment

• ^That goes without saying :-)

Comment

• When I said "I don't know if I did a good work or not" I was talking about that.

Comment

• This is awesome.

Comment

• jijijijijijiji, but not as awesome as ....

Comment

• Gotta show my kids that clip, they will love it.

Comment

• Like me, I love minions....

Comment

Working...
                                X