No announcement yet.

Whats on your mind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yup, Sometimes, the solution for me it's take my mp3, cap, swimming glasses, swimsuit and go to the swimming pool, one hour later I'm a new person.

Comment

• ^ I thing we all tried those days. Best thing is to tell the family they'll have to fend for themselves and go for a long walk, perhaps go see a silly film you don't have to think about. And when you come home 2-3 hours later all will be calm again.

Comment

• A long walk works too.

Comment

• ^ Yeah. I am going to walk for awhile once I get done with work, but then I still have to be human and interested in my husband, since it was his birthday yesterday and he worked last night so tonight I have to help him conjugate verbs in Spanish.

*sigh*

It was much easier to deal with stuff when I was having wine in the evening because then I didn't have to.

Comment

• ^Conjugate verbs in Spanish? Sounds like a nightmare, he should study on his own. Better something else.

Wine is not a solution, only a patch. You must try to find something different as help.

Comment

• ^ Yeah...he picked up an old Spanish class textbook and livemocha discs. He is trying to learn Spanish to be more attractive to law enforcement agencies. And honestly, much as I'd rather be learning German, if it helps him get the job he wants, I will try to help with the Spanish. We didn't though, he was out volunteering and then we had ice cream cake and watched Doctor Who and Big Bang Theory and something called Drugs Inc.

I know, I had know wine. And honestly I got over it. I made some tea and made dinner and that helped. Just a bad day :P

Comment

• ^ We all have bad days and it's all right to scream out loud from time to time. Wine should be for when you're feeling good and not for comfort when you're feeling bad. I've changed to only having a drink on nights when I don't have to get up in the morning - even if it's only one beer - never before a workday.

Anyway I hope your husband will get the job he wants, and if learning Spanish helps, I hope he's a fast learner :-)

Comment

• ^ I agree and that's a large part of why I quit drinking. I will probably go to a wine tasting with my dad while in Arkansas, but I haven't been buying any, and don't have it in the house, a few months now.

My husband is working, which is great, but it's just a job an not something he wants to do forever. Right now, he is just focusing on keeping the job he has, and taking a break from looking for cop jobs. He's been told by several people that the best way to stand out from the 2 or 300 other people hoping for the same job is to learn a language, so Spanish it is. Not much call for German here, but Spanish is pretty big.

Comment

• ^Many people don't have the job they want, if learning another language is the best way to find the one he wants that's great, but if you are not learning it, is even worse for you. I hope he learns it fast.

If it was just a bad day, it means today it's a great one Enjoy it!

Comment

• ^ That's part of why I'm thinking I should try to learn some too, to help him while he is learning. Plus it would be nothing but good for the kids to hear another language, and they'd probably pick it up even faster than either of us.

Today was better. Busy, but better.

Comment

• Don't forget to think about yourself! In the end your more worth healthy, calm and happy than anything else.

And if you're really up to learning some language: do you know the book "Assimil"? It's a quick, communicative way of learning a language, available in every big library. I learned Italian in about 3 months that way, and I was able to help myself around in Rome with it.
                        Dort wo der Horizont
                        Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
                        Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
                        Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

• ^ Did you use the edition with CD or without?
                          Having lived in The Netherlands learning Dutch ruined what German I had from my school-days and I find it hard to get back again. This could be a help. Right now I tend to mix the two languages, and that is really annoying

Comment

• Rammstein have been challenged by The BossHoss to ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. Do you think they'll accept it?

Source: https://www.facebook.com/TheBossHoss

Comment

• ^No, I don't.
                              "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• It would be funny, but the donative is better.

Comment

Working...
                                X