No announcement yet.

Whats on your mind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One and a half core competencies to BS my way through and then a quick proofread and off to submit. It has gone quite a bit easier today with my husband at work and the kids off at the lake with my in laws.

Also, Pandora has been mostly amazing this afternoon! No more incidents like the Usher one from last week...still a bit unsure how that worked its way in there, given the seed songs on the station...

Finally have my internship placement work out, just in time for the fall term. I will be working in an outpatient chemical dependency/mental health treatment facility. I am actually really looking forward to this, since it will give me more experience with the chemically dependent population, as well as first hand clinical experience.

One more week of work, and then a 12 hour drive with my three boys to Arkansas for family visit/vacation.

Comment

• Great news.

It sounds very interesting, but probably very hard too.

I am on holidays now, but I will stay at home

Comment

• ^ I would almost prefer to just have a vacation where I stay at home and have no one else around. That would be great! But, I have to take the kids down to see my family. Don't know how much longer they will have to visit my grandmother (who it may amuse some to note has always insisted we call her Mutti...she was never a "grandma" or "nanna", only Mutti to all of us grandkids...), so I try to get down there to visit at least once a year.

EDIT: And DONE! Comps are submitted! Complete and utter drivel, but they are done. At least they are only pass or fail, and from what I understand if the initial result is fail, they just make us redo them. Here's hoping I pass.
        Last edited by EmeraldRose; 08-18-2014, 02:26 AM.

Comment

• New season of Doctor Who, new Doctor THIS SATURDAY!!!

Hmm...for this purpose, you could probably call me a fangirl, Snake. But only once.

Comment

• You lucky girrrl. I don't know when they'll show here in Denmark, but I saw some trailers on BBC while I were in The Netherlands - they looked very promising

Gongrats on finishing your comps and sorting your internship and I hope you'll have a great time with Mutti in Arkansas

Comment

• ^ Thanks! It feels pretty good to have the classroom portion finished! I'll be done before I know it...

It is worth paying for cable (for me) just to have BBCAmerica. This week is all Doctor Who stuff leading up to the season premiere. Last night I saw a movie about the beginning of the show and it was actually very good! I cried when they showed the William Hartnell's (well, the actor playing him anyway) reaction to having to leave the role. It was very well done! I will have to try to find the title for you so you can locate it. Then they showed Creating the Ultimate Time Lord hosted by Peter Davison, it was pretty funny and had some interesting insights into some of the Doctors, and interviews with lots of people...

Can't wait! 7pm on Saturday no one had better bother me. Really not kidding.

To be honest, that's why we are leaving Sunday to go to Arkansas....my parents don't have BBC America.

Comment

• I have cable and 4 different BBC Channels (Entertainment, Lifestyle, Knowledge and World News) but none show the new Doctor-series, probably because they sell the show to domestic channels and they don't want to give away if the can sell them

Comment

• That is no good! Everyone should have access to Doctor Who.

Comment

• Doctor Who is garbage. BB rules! Oh, and Batman's a poof!

Comment

• Well, you've succeeded in making me laugh.

Not sure what poof means in slang terms, but it sure sounds funny anyway. And get it right, 50 years worth of garbage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Art in Heaven View Post
                        Doctor Who is garbage. BB rules! Oh, and Batman's a poof!
                        Are you inside Snake or is it the other way round?

Originally posted by EmeraldRose View Post
                        Well, you've succeeded in making me laugh.

Not sure what poof means in slang terms, but it sure sounds funny anyway. And get it right, 50 years worth of garbage.
                        Poof is a not to friendly term for a gay person.

The Doctor rules and can drop by any day

Comment

• Poofy is indeed "gay". A bit weird to read that in a post directly followed by the question "are you inside Snake...?". The old batman indeed was a poof, but not the Cristopher Nolan one!
                          Dort wo der Horizont
                          Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
                          Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
                          Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

• Originally posted by Waidmann View Post
                            The old batman indeed was a poof, but not the Cristopher Nolan one!
                            True, if you compare to the old TV-series :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rose View Post
                              Are you inside Snake or is it the other way round?
                              Originally posted by Waidmann View Post
                              Poofy is indeed "gay". A bit weird to read that in a post directly followed by the question "are you inside Snake...?". The old batman indeed was a poof, but not the Cristopher Nolan one!
                              Hehhehheh...

Originally posted by The Rose View Post
                              Poof is a not to friendly term for a gay person.

The Doctor rules and can drop by any day
                              Indeed. Best show ever.

Comment

• Do you ever have one of those days you just want to pull all your hair out and run screaming from the house? Makes me wonder why I quit drinking. :P

Comment

Working...
                                X