No announcement yet.

Whats on your mind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First day back at work after 3 weeks enjoying myself in The Netherlands and what do I find: The people that are repairing the roof of our building drilled through a water-pipe last Thursday two floors above my office, and I came in today to find the ceiling ripped out and a large dehumidifier blaring away and I have to be in a temporary office for the next couple of weeks.

Not the best circumstances to start the new semester and having to deal with 300 new students, that all have a million questions and I cannot find half my papers and to-do-lists

Can I have a new vacations, Please? ;-)

Comment

• ^Sure not, but you'll find a way to deal with them, there's nothing you can do, so patience and a big smile, you'll feel better.
      In those moments :

Comment

• @ Rose- *hugs* You will be great, just remember to breath and picture Flake doing his dance whenever you get stressed. (Lovingly provided by Maya!) You're sure to at least smile.

Comment

• I will think of Flake, thank you Maya, and smile

Comment

• He always makes me smile, he is a happy thought

Comment

• Originally posted by Maya View Post
              He always makes me smile, he is a happy thought
              Now now, control yourself Maya!

Comment

• Why?

Comment

• Back from Miami. Exhausted. Brain won't work. Need more coffee.

Fun trip, but SOOOOOOOO fast! Saw absolutely nothing of Miami. Except for when my brother was taking me back to the airport and we missed the interstate exit. Then I saw some interesting parts of Miami. FYI- tents on sidewalks do not look like they'd be very comfortable...

Now I want sleep....zzzzzzzzzzzz......Oh yeah...have to work and then take care of my kids first....well...sleep later

Comment

• I'm glad you had fun, be patient in some hours you can rest

Today is a non working day in Spain , i have been resting during all day.

Comment

• Glad you had a good stay ER, and I'll try not to pitch a tent on the sidewalk (I feel sorry for the people who have to do so).

Hope you enjoyed your day of rest Mays, why is today a non-working day?

I went to the dentist this morning, and the rest of the day have been spent eating soft, not too warm food and eating pain-killers. Now I've opened a bottle of wine and hope later I'll be able to sleep. And until then I'm watching The Big Sleep wit Lauren Bacall, it's on TV because she died yesterday - great film.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rose View Post
                        Hope you enjoyed your day of rest Mays, why is today a non-working day?

I went to the dentist this morning, and the rest of the day have been spent eating soft, not too warm food and eating pain-killers. Now I've opened a bottle of wine and hope later I'll be able to sleep. And until then I'm watching The Big Sleep wit Lauren Bacall, it's on TV because she died yesterday - great film.
                        On 15th August, is the Assumption of the Virgin.

:S Well, probably you are in pain now, but you'll feel better tomorrow; it's for good.

RIP, I haven't seen that film.

Comment

• :P

Having a really tough time forcing myself to write these exams. It isn't that the material is difficult. In fact, it's just taking all the stuff I know about social work and putting it into words that relate to the different classes over the past year.

The problem is that I've been in this profession for 7 years already, and I'm trying to put things into words that are more or less second nature to me. Writing down how I just know something. And I just don't want to do it.

And the internet is just sooooo shiny...

Comment

• ^ Get writing, girrrl - and soon your evenings will be your own again. Kids, husband and Rammstein uninterrupted ;-)

Comment

• Come on, you can do it and the sooner, the better

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rose View Post
                                ^ Get writing, girrrl - and soon your evenings will be your own again. Kids, husband and Rammstein uninterrupted ;-)
                                I'm trying. Unfortunately, Rammstein is being distracting right now. I'd rather just listen to my music and not have to think. And the husband thought I was just doing another paper, even though I told him it's comps exam. Urgh. I think he understands now, but it's taken me hours just for one page.

Originally posted by Maya View Post
                                Come on, you can do it and the sooner, the better
                                Yeah, I know. I'm sort of doing this until it's done at this point. Not much else I can do, and these have to be done...

6 more pages of BS and then I can goof off for a little bit.

Comment

Working...
                                X