No announcement yet.

Whats on your mind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder how different it is from the German TV programme from the festival or if it's more or less the same (in Denmark we can see German TV so I recorded the 5 hour show). No need to buy the dvd if I got most of it already ;-)

Comment

• It was strange walking around Utrecht today, all the flags were at half mast, and the brother of the local coffeeshop-owner were on THE plane, and there is a large pile of flowers and greetings for Willem outside the place. Makes it all seem more reel, somehow.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rose View Post
        I wonder how different it is from the German TV programme from the festival or if it's more or less the same (in Denmark we can see German TV so I recorded the 5 hour show). No need to buy the dvd if I got most of it already ;-)

I think that the only difference is that it's in 3D

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rose View Post
          It was strange walking around Utrecht today, all the flags were at half mast, and the brother of the local coffeeshop-owner were on THE plane, and there is a large pile of flowers and greetings for Willem outside the place. Makes it all seem more reel, somehow.
          That is so sad. I feel so sorry for all the people who lost family and friends. In the blink of an eye those left behind are changed for ever.

Comment

• Yup, I have the same feeling when it happens something similar here.

Lately the teenagers of my neighbourhood, when it happens to one of their friends,take candles and flowers, and write messages on the glass of the subway station, they even take photographs, it's very sad, even more with very young people.

Comment

• I have to teach my class tonight. I think I may have a panic attack before it starts. I hate having to do stuff like this. Yes, I will be fine right after it starts, but I hate having to get ready for it. Hate it.

Comment

• Originally posted by EmeraldRose View Post
                I have to teach my class tonight. I think I may have a panic attack before it starts. I hate having to do stuff like this. Yes, I will be fine right after it starts, but I hate having to get ready for it. Hate it.
                Yeah, it's the waiting which is unbearable. When I studied for teacher the lesson I gave were okay, but having to wait for them to start... But in the end there's nothing to it . The worst case scenario is never too bad at all. You'll do just fine !
                Dort wo der Horizont
                Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
                Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
                Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

• Take a deep breath and try to picture them in your underwear

Comment

• Originally posted by Waidmann View Post
                    Yeah, it's the waiting which is unbearable. When I studied for teacher the lesson I gave were okay, but having to wait for them to start... But in the end there's nothing to it . The worst case scenario is never too bad at all. You'll do just fine !
                    Originally posted by Art in Heaven View Post
                    Take a deep breath and try to picture them in your underwear
                    Heh...thanks guys! I appreciate the support and AiH that made me grin!

Honestly, it is just the anticipation that is the issue. I have no problem with public speaking once it starts, just horrible anxiety leading up to the very moment when I start to talk. It was the same when I played music. Once it starts, it's great.

As it was, it went fine, managed to take two VERY dry chapters on aging and social security policy and made it 1hr 40 minutes. My classmates even asked a bunch of questions and were involved. Plus, my school is online, so it was like I was sitting in my office talking to myself. Which I sort of was. Got an email from the professor today thanking me for a good presentation.

Two more weeks of classes, and then a break before the internship starts first week of September. (It actually starts last week in August, but I am on vacation that week...)

Comment

• Snake? I tried to look at the main site, haven't been on there in awhile, and my browser is blocking it due to Malware. Is there something on there, or is my browser just being weird?

Comment

• ^No, it is not your browser. Affenknecht has a recurrent problem with this kind of shit. Everytime we fix it, it comes back.
                        "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• ^That sucks! I won't go on it then until another time.

Comment

• Again? noooooooo

Comment

• I think my Pandora station is crazy. Somehow, amongst the Rammstein, Emigrate, Eisbrecher, Deathstars, Die Krupps, Metallica et al...Pandora thought Usher might fit in. Really? Usher? Not even going to try to slip in some rock or something? Just going to go straight for whatever genre contains Usher?

*shoots Pandora*

Comment

• Originally posted by EmeraldRose View Post
                                ^That sucks! I won't go on it then until another time.
                                Now, it's clean

Comment

Working...
                                X