No announcement yet.

Whats on your mind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah. I'm trying to stay positive, but this has happened before. I was hoping we might be coming out of this mess and now we're shoved right back down again.

Comment

• I'm so sorry to hear your news, EmeraldRose. And hope your husband will find a new job really soon.

Why are employers so cruel, my place of work laid people off two weeks ago and last December it was the same (I survived both rounds) but it does give the time before X-mas an uneasy feel instead of happy anticipation

Comment

• I wish you and your husband the best of luck, EsmeraldRose. It came at a shitty time, but you will manage to work it out for sure.
        "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• Guys, thanks again. I can only hope something will come up soon.

Why would employers choose this time of year to fire someone? I mean, regardless what (if any) holidays they might celebrate, is there no respect for the people who do? I never had any intention of buying lots of crap for my kids, but what do I do now? I can explain to them that Mommy and Daddy don't have any money for lots of junk, but how do I explain that Santa doesn't either? `

Comment

• Sorry if I sound cold and heartless, but I think you should reveal them that Santa ain't real and that this year they can't get presents.
            Last edited by Snake; 12-20-2013, 03:13 AM.
            "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• ^Don't like this, let me think

Comment

• Our oldest would probably be fine (well...he'd understand I guess). He's been hanging on the last year but will maybe make it one more? I'm not ready to have my kids give up the magic so soon. I had to, and if I can make it last for them I will. My parents and grandmother have said they will help for Christmas for the boys. My husband and I don't need anything, but at least my kids will have some things under the tree.

And no I will blatantly change the subject that I shouldn't have started.

Why is it you can find all kinds of part one or first book of a trilogy for free on Amazon, maybe even the second one, but then you have to pay? Yeah ok, I know why, but it's still annoying. Also, I wonder how many books I can read between now and Jan 13 when classes start again? Bets?

Comment

• ^Why devote time to reading when you can binge-watch Breaking Bad over and over again?

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• ^I've never actually watched it. I *may* binge-watch Torchwood or Doctor Who. The Christmas episode is only a week away, I can probably get thru all the New Who episodes by then...

EDIT: Also, I think I will check out like the Dollar Store or something this weekend, so there will several things under the tree. Nobody said the gifts had to be expensive.
                    Last edited by EmeraldRose; 12-20-2013, 04:33 AM.

Comment

• ^You never watched it? Than what are you waiting for? Screw books, you must go catch-the-fuck-up to BB.

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• ^Is it that good? It's probably On Demand. Maybe I'll check it out.

Comment

• ^Its just the best TV show I have ever seen. It is considered one of the best dramas of all time. It is amazingly well acted, written and executed.

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• ^I'm partially messing with you, Snake. I've seen parts of an episode or two when my husband's had it on, just never really sat and watched it. I know it was a huge deal when it ended, and I think I saw part of one of the last few episodes? They were in a quarry or something?

I dunno how many obsessions I can have at a time. Between Rammstein, Emigrate, RZK, Doctor Who, and Torchwood I'm kind of past my limit...

Comment

• ^Fuck all of that. All taht matters is BB.

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• So I take it you are a fan?

Then you will know that all that matters is the 11th Doctor regenerating in 6 days?

No worries Snake, I will check it out.

Comment

Working...
                                X