No announcement yet.

Whats on your mind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edelweiss, I hope everything does turn out well for you and your get your lawyer to turn up instead of his associate who sounds like an incompetent prick. Having a stricter judge could work in your favour however, if they're smart enough to believe you.

Jorge, that is amazing! Haven't got round to reading it, but love The Ninth Gate as a film, and prefer books as a general rule

Had my results back. For those who don't know how the grade system works, the grades go A* (the best), A, B, C, D, E, F, G, U and X (the worst) and anything above a C is a pass.
    I had 1 A* in Chemistry, 3 A's in Biology and 2xRE, and 2 C's in English and Physics, as well as A*/A in Welsh and A in German Find it quite funny that I'm apparently better at German and Welsh than English (my first language)
    Last edited by cannibal_wotsit; 08-24-2012, 12:22 AM.
    DENN DU BIST, WAS DU ISST.

Comment

• Congrats!!!!! More good news, the beginning of the day was so shitty... but we are having a happy ending.

Please continue writing in English, or I will have to translate all your posts. German translators are so shitty.....I'm sure I won't understand a word.

Comment

• ^Es tut mir leid, ich spreche kein Englisch

Comment

• "I'm sorry, I do not speak English" (google translator)

Amazing, a translation with a logical meaning....

Comment

• Those marks...

Comment

• Originally posted by Maya View Post
              "I'm sorry, I do not speak English" (google translator)

Amazing, a translation with a logical meaning....
              Simply because of the irony

Comment

• The translation has a logical meaning, but is so illogical...

xD

Comment

• Originally posted by Maya View Post
                  Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
                  That's fucking amazing!!!!!!

Muchas felicidades tío, qué fuerte, joder. Quiero saber todos los detalles, todos.
                  I promise a longer description tomorrow. In short... (not toooo short...)

I went to my hometown in Spain for a weekend. Blitzvisit and so on. I see an old woman selling clothes of a young girl, and some toys. I realise that all belongs to the same girl. A girl who was girl in the 80's, maybe. Who would keep this stuff for so long so well preserved? Just somebody who missed this little person.

It shocked me that the clothes are up to 5-6 years. Then they stop. I have a son, he lives not in Spain, neither with me. It is easy to keep "relics" of people who are not with you.

The F crisis is such a bastard that has made people like this old woman to sell her stuff, her memories. Because that is what she is doing: selling the home relics. And this is painful. I could see my own mom doing the same, and is really heartbreaking.

So I did the pic, I uploaded to Facebook and Flickr. Post the link in Twitter and just a simple "Dear Arturo, that may inspire an article". And yes, it did.

Photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/-jgines...n/photostream/
                  ARticle (translated into English... don't worry about details... the soul of the text is quite right anyway (It should start with "My friend JG sent me this photo..."): http://translate.google.com/translat...3.html&act=url

(No, I don't actually know him... I wish!)

Night night!

CW Great for your results! Fancy becoming a geologist? You can have an awesome mentor! (that is, me!)
                  «The trouble with the world is that the stupid is cocksure and the intelligent full of doubt»
                  Bertrand Russell.

Comment

• ^I couldn't wait, so I searched and found your twitter, his twitter, the pic and the article. xD
                    And of course read it in Spanish.... it's amazing!!!!!

Comment

• @CW You must be so pleased with your results, many many congrats and celebrations What is the next stage of your education?

@Jorge I saw your picture on facebook, its really good and now i know the story behind it it makes it all the more special, you must be so happy
                      The saying is "You dont know what you have got till its gone" the truth is "You know what you had, you just did not know you would lose it" !!

Comment

• Congrats CW and Jorge! Amazing, both of you!

Today is Breivik's (the man who murdered almost 70 people on Utøya and 8 in Oslo, Norway last year) last trial, and we'll know if he goes to prison or to a mental hospital of some sort. Trial starts in 30 minutes and I'm definitely going to watch it live.. I hope this man gets what he deserves.
                        ''Seitdem ich Guitar Rig 3 benutze, fühlt sich mein Haar viel voller an!'' - Paul Landers

Comment

• ^And what do you think he deserves? Is there a punishment for that? Thinking about it, I can't find one...

Comment

• That is true.. I'm very aware of the fact that no punishment could ever make up for the horrible things he did. But some punishment has to be given anyway.

/ edit - 10 minutes and the judges already gave their decision - he's going to prison. The trial will go on for another 6 hours maybe, interesting to see what happens.
                            Last edited by abendwind; 08-24-2012, 11:14 AM.
                            ''Seitdem ich Guitar Rig 3 benutze, fühlt sich mein Haar viel voller an!'' - Paul Landers

Comment

• Originally posted by abendwind View Post
                              That is true.. I'm very aware of the fact that no punishment could ever make up for the horrible things he did. But some punishment has to be given anyway.

/ edit - 10 minutes and the judges already gave their decision - he's going to prison. The trial will go on for another 6 hours maybe, interesting to see what happens.
                              I think it should be, the hardest that could be given with their laws.

Comment

• The maximum punishment is 21 years of prison - but I'm pretty sure he'll stay there for longer since it is possible to longer the time spent there if the authorities still think he's a threat to the society.

Comment

Working...
                                X