• Show
Clear All

• The Rose
    replied
    ^Congratulations. I'm happy for you, that sounds like a great job

Leave a comment:

• Waidmann
    replied
    ^Indeed! One day I'll have to go there as well!

I just switched jobs this weekends. I ended my contract with my previous work because they couldn't guarantee me much for the future and wouldn't be able to fix me up with a contract for more than a year anyways. The next 4 years would've been like that and the only possible (and plausible) change in between would've been that I actually lose a few hours.
    So, in two weeks I start somewhere else, in a company owned by former colleagues (who became close friends). They offered me a permanent contract immediately in an important (yet for me managable) position combining teaching with creating educational material. I'm very much looking forward to it! It's been 6 years almost that I have been roaming from one contract to another, sometimes working at 3 different places, working hard and pleasing people without receiving the chance of staying too long because of budget problems, system cuts, being the last in line to earn any certainty et cetera. Finally some stability without the stress of where I'll be a year from now. AND I will be able to work at home for a great deal of time. Waidmann is happy !!!

Leave a comment:

• The Rose
    replied
    ^Het ziet er goed uit

Leave a comment:

• MonsieurSander
    replied
    Finally arrived in Jamaica!

Leave a comment:

• Maya
    replied
    ^Amazing plan, those meetings are great.

I remember the guy too, I don't miss him

Leave a comment:

• The Rose
    replied
    So, it's Friday night, have you any nice plans for the weekend?

I'm turning in soon, as I have to get up early and catch a train to Silkeborg and meet up with old photography friends, most of whom I haven't seen IRL for nearly ten years. I don't think there'll be many pictures taken, but there'll be lots of catching up. We know each other from a now defunct photo-site where we had plenty at meet-ups, so it'll be fun so see the old crowd again . . . and not to be one of the oldest there

Leave a comment:

• The Rose
    replied
    Originally posted by Waidmann View Post
    Besides, evil-doing lurkers might take advantage of the fact that the Waidmann-name would be free again. They might even post terrible stuff while half of the board doesn't notice it isn't me anymore. That reminds me of some names for this whose gone thread, though nobody misses them in the least XD.
    I remember the one, I don't think he'll be back even if the name were free. It wasn't the name, it was the trolling he liked

Leave a comment:

• Waidmann
    replied
    ^It would be stupid ! And an over-eager mod might ban me for thinking I'm a scam. And even more, I'm more of a lazy swiffer-guy than a vaccuum guy XD.

Besides, evil-doing lurkers might take advantage of the fact that the Waidmann-name would be free again. They might even post terrible stuff while half of the board doesn't notice it isn't me anymore. That reminds me of some names for this whose gone thread, though nobody misses them in the least XD.

Leave a comment:

• EmeraldRose
    replied
    ^ I see no reason why you can't change your name to Dysonvaccuumcleaner if you want. :-D

Leave a comment:

• Waidmann
    replied
    ^Maybe they should ask some kind of Rammstein-related question before you can attend this board. Some will still get through as they can look things up, but definetly less. And sometimes the admins could do a better job by just looking at the username they suggest. If I wanted to become a member by the name "Dysonvacuumcleaner" they should be able to derive that my intentions are slightly more commercial than Rammstein fan-based. But I guess the spammers are getting better at those things as well.

Leave a comment:

• The Rose
    replied
    Originally posted by Waidmann View Post
    Man, there are 3 people here of who I can't really say whether they made the most odd first posts here or they're just spambots.
    Spambots, or human spammers . . . but definitely spammers. It's fun when spammers and trolls write to each other, or maybe it's the same answering it's own post, trying to drum up interest. The one about new system have been here long, and asked the same question in different form a couple of times before ;-)

Leave a comment:

• Waidmann
    replied
    Man, there are 3 people here of who I can't really say whether they made the most odd first posts here or they're just spambots.

Leave a comment:

• Maya
    replied
    Originally posted by The Rose View Post
    ^ Don't answer spammers, just report them
    Reported

Leave a comment:

• The Rose
    replied
    ^ Don't answer spammers, just report them

Leave a comment:

• Art in Heaven