Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MonsieurSander
    replied
    Oh well, today we had a blackout 30 miles off Gibraltar Strait. Our fire suppression system decided our main engine needed a shower, haha.
    Was a first for me, it's quite the adrenaline rush when you run to the control room in a pitch black engine room while water is coming down.

Leave a comment:

• The Rose
    replied
    Better busy than bored. Hope you're going somewhere warm.

Leave a comment:

• MonsieurSander
    replied
    Friday I joined the vessel i'll be sailing on until June. Three hours after joining I was already in the main engine, yesterday one of our auxiliaries was broken and today the other one had a cooling water leakage. Seems like i'll have a couple of busy months.

Leave a comment:

• EmeraldRose
    replied
    Originally posted by The Rose View Post

Glad you still have your job and I hope you can relax now. That mut be a pretty big place you're working for when they lay off so many people over the last year.

Otherwise I hope you're well, and family and pets, I miss seeing pictures of Engel and the cats
    I work for a major US healthcare company. We have more employees than many cities have residents. At one count there were upwards of 60k employees company wide. We have several thousands in my line of business alone and 150 other people (at the moment) who do the same job I do. 50 of those are losing their jobs this round.

I need to post some new pictures, definitely. The boys are all growing up so fast! I have stepped back a lot from online stuff. Just too much chaos with work over the past year and the past 6 months have been true hell.

Maybe I should start making stuff again. It helped with all the stress for awhile and then one day I just stopped. Several things on progress I just never finished...

I should be able to relax a little for a few weeks at least and try to get back on track. Don’t know if there will be another round of layoffs in April, but it is a very real possibility. Just going to try and get thru one day at a time for now.

Leave a comment:

• The Rose
    replied
    Originally posted by EmeraldRose View Post
    I’m ok! Still have my job! Oh god this stress is going to kill me. I really hope they are done with this massacre now. Another 700 people getting fired.
    Glad you still have your job and I hope you can relax now. That mut be a pretty big place you're working for when they lay off so many people over the last year.

Otherwise I hope you're well, and family and pets, I miss seeing pictures of Engel and the cats

Leave a comment:

• EmeraldRose
    replied
    I’m ok! Still have my job! Oh god this stress is going to kill me. I really hope they are done with this massacre now. Another 700 people getting fired.

Leave a comment:

• The Rose
    replied
    Originally posted by MonsieurSander View Post

I usually only see Utrecht Centraal during my trips, looks quite busy to me
    I know, but that's misleading, walk the streets after 8 PM and you don't see many people . . But that is good if you like to take night-photos, there are no one in your way

Leave a comment:

• MonsieurSander
    replied

I know, I'm in The Netherlands very often and have just been there a month. Utrecht is rather quiet though, sometimes too quiet
    I usually only see Utrecht Centraal during my trips, looks quite busy to me

Leave a comment:

• The Rose
    replied
    Originally posted by MonsieurSander View Post

Watch out, we too have danger-zones in the Netherlands
    I know, I'm in The Netherlands very often and have just been there a month. Utrecht is rather quiet though, sometimes too quiet

Leave a comment:

• Snake
    replied
    ^Could be fun, if you can afford the lawyers . . . I doubt you'll win though
    I am sure the dodge viper company can afford it. Maybe I should ruin hin life by snitching his youtube enterprise to them.

Leave a comment:

• MonsieurSander
    replied
    ^I'll keep my fingers crossed for you Fingers Are Crossed Smiley Face, Emoticon

I'm in the Netherlands at the moment, have been cat-sitting since New Year and going back to Copenhagen next week. Much as I like to be here, it'll be nice to come home to my own books, music etc.
    Watch out, we too have danger-zones in the Netherlands

Leave a comment:

• The Rose
    replied
    ^Could be fun, if you can afford the lawyers . . . I doubt you'll win though

Leave a comment:

• Snake
    replied
    Should I sue this dude over plagerism?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsE...rvF2ImeNWh84mw

Leave a comment:

• The Rose
    replied
    ^I'll keep my fingers crossed for you Fingers Are Crossed Smiley Face, Emoticon

I'm in the Netherlands at the moment, have been cat-sitting since New Year and going back to Copenhagen next week. Much as I like to be here, it'll be nice to come home to my own books, music etc.

Leave a comment:

• EmeraldRose
    replied

Are you in the danger-zone? Try yoga. It's better for your body than the other options.
    I’m not sure yet. This time at least they’ve announced it is happening before giving notices. I’ve known for a week or so it was coming but it still hurts to hear it announced. The actual notices will come first week of February. I *should* be ok but at this point nothing is certain. It’s been a year of this now with the past 6 months being hardest hits.

I should, I know. Have to find some sort of outlet.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X