Coming soon (Movies)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming soon (Movies)

Use this thread to talk about upcoming movies. I'll start by posting the first promotional material for Dark Knight Rises, the next and final installment of the new batman franchise directed by Christopher Nolan:

First promotional image, featuring Bane

First teaser poster

First Teaser Trailer

Looks like Liam Neeson is back for a Cameo.
    Last edited by Snake; 07-19-2011, 03:20 PM.
    "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Snake, I love Batman, and cannot wait for the movie to be released next year. Good choice of movie for a start.

The only movie, other then The Dark Knight Rises, that I feel I really need to see is 13 Flowers of Nanjing. But that has a lot to do with being a big fan of Christian Bale's work.

Comment

Isn't he filming that movie at the same time as TDKR ? How can he manage that?
      "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

The films are being shot at the same time, but the 13 Flowers film started will end filming earlier. Much of that has to do with that nature of the film taking a shorter time to film. Not to mention that The Dark Knight Rises started filming several months after The 13 flowers start filming.

Right now, however, he is devoted full time to the last Nolan Batman.

But the 13 Flowers has my curiosity becasue, besides the lead actor, I've always liked reading about the Japanese-Chinese relations during the Second World War. But I'm dieing to see The Dark Knight Rises. Besides the fact this has been my favorite film series, Bane is one of my favorite villains in Batman (I mainly read the Graphic Novels not the original comics) after Black Mask (hence my username). And I'm extremely glad that Colan will be writing him with a more realistic approach as well as being closer to the original concept of the character, unlike in Batman and Robin. Extremely strong, extremely angry, while at the same time extremely intelligent. Not to mention it's Tom Hardy playing him that I've become very fond of. Great actor.

Comment

Anyways, I add a second movie I forgot all about. I am really excited about the next film in the Mummy series, The Mummy 4: The Rise of the Aztec. After the Nolan Batman series, if I had to pick another favorite it would probably be the Mummy Series starring Brendan Fraser. Great adventure series that I've loved since seeing the first one when I was younger, and I'm glad they've decided to take a spin in the 3rd one by changing the location of the film from Egypt to China and now the fourth one to Peru. Changing the location defiantly gives the film a more early 20th century adventurer feel. And if I'm not mistaken, there will be 2 more after the fourth one as well so this may be a 6 movie series. Can't wait.

Comment

^ I only got to see the first 2 films of the Mummy franchise. From the whole cast, I liked best Arnold Vosloo performance. And I think the franchise could use a little bit more blood overall.

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

^Very true, but everyone seems to evaporate or explode which doesn't allow much bloodshed
              there's a final destination 5 coming out, they generally produce a lot of blood and gore
              DENN DU BIST, WAS DU ISST.

Comment

In the vein of superhero movies, I'm pretty interested in the Fantastic 4 reboot. I think it had to do with a combination of the other two F4 movies being kind of garbage (ruining Dr. Doom AND Silver Surfer, anyone?) and Chris Evans being cast as Captain America. there's still no information i can find on it other than Thing being completely CGI, but hopefully it'll be a little darker.

also the Spiderman reboot. I might be the only one cheering for it, but there you go.
                It's widely accepted that while dreaming, the subconscious is bringing forth and examining various thoughts from throughout the day. I disagree; I believe that the id is manipulating the subconscious in order to see its fantasies fulfilled. So in this line of reasoning, dreams are not just a random assortment of discarded thoughts, but rather the truest sense of self that we can possibly be.

Comment

The fantastic four reboot was defenitly needed. The same goes for superman, which I very curious about (since its beeing produced by christopher nolan). But I don't think the spider man franchise was so bad that it needed rebooting.

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

The remake of Fright Night was spoiled by one small problem. It was total fucking shit from start to finish. If it hadn't been for that one thing it might have been ok.

Comment

I'm still curious about the Fright Night remake, even though I try to avoid these horror movie remakes like Rob Zombie's Halloween or this new Nightmare on Elm Street.
                      Somewhy I see potential in the plot to be at least half as good as the original.

As for Spidey, I never had problems with the Maguire trilogy, the cast was good (James Franco & J.K. Simmons FTW) and the villains were portrayed very well (except Venom, he looked stupid).
                      Like Snake said, this reboot's idea feels a little unnecessary (of course that won't put me off from checking it out).

What's next after TDKR? Another Batman reboot with M. Night Shyamalan?
                      Life is drama... Drama is art.

Comment

^Probably after TDKR they will hire a new director, and milk the franchise to the point of ruin and no return.

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

http://www.empireonline.com/rises/reveal.asp? <- Vote for which cover the empire magazine should unveal first: Batman or Bane. So far, Bane is winning.

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

First official post-production images from The Dark Knight Rises

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

This special cover is even cooler:

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

Working...
                              X