Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better late than never

Hey Affenknecht forum!

I really liked the Affenknecht website, and when I discovered this forum I really wanted to share my knowledge and interest for Rammstein and/or metal music in general. However, I was not really aware of this "introduce yourself" section which you are currently reading from.

First of all, I want to thank everyone who responded to my thread about the Rammstein movie/documentary. I got some really great answers and responses as well. I developed a sort of distaste for forums or comment sections when I was younger. I once wrote a piece on Imdb.com about a few thoughts I had on "The Dark Knight Rises" and "Inception", and the first couple of comments said things like "F---k off Moron" or "You are going to die lonely". Now I know that there is no reason to take phrases like that serious on the Internet. However, I disliked the fact that I rarely got some constructive or well written criticism or praise for what I had said. Thats why I guess I fell in love with Affenknecht so quickly. It's more of an closed environment where people are more careful about what they write, post or say.

I am still not very comfortable to talk about myself as a person on the internet, so I guess you just have to wait for me to post information about myself once I feel like it. As of now, I can tell you a little bit about what I think about Rammstein. They have always been my favorite band. One thing I can say of myself, is that German is my mother tongue. So understanding their lyrics has never been a problem for me.

I dont really have a favorite album or member of the band. I think you have to look at their whole work as one big project or collaboration. However, I do have a favorite era of Rammstein. I really like the 2004-2005 "Reise, Reise/Rosenrot" era. I also think that the Ahoi-tour has been their best tour for now. I think they just had their best live sound during that tour, and the whole band was really energetic. For instance, I think that the Sonne performance at Brixton Acedamy which you can see on "Völkerball" is the best performance of that song the band is ever going to have.

I also like to refer to the years between 1997-2005 as the band's "golden age". I just think that in that time frame, the band made the most progress and were at their most creative. I also think that in those years they had some of their wildest and best concerts of all time (Berlin '98 , Bercy '05 ,Nimes '05 just to name a few).

Nowadays, they are still fantastic. Although you do realise that they struggle to come up with new ideas, and sometimes just repeat themselves in order to please their old fans. They definitly admit that Rammstein isn't the centre of their lives anymore, which I guess is a good thing if you think about the fact that the band members are just people like us.

So this is basically all I have to say for now. I guess another thing which you can tell about me, is that I am quite a movie nerd. Knowing that, you can probably expect another 1000+ word article from me once they announce the director for their upcoming movie/documentary.

Welcome Chrisss, don't worry not everybody introduce themselves here. We'll love if you participate often here, and of course your translations.

If you are a movie nerd, maybe the Comming soon (movies) thread will be back to life soon.

Comment

Welcome to Affenknecht, Chrisss.

Like Maya said, posting in this section is not mandatory. It is here for everybody who which to present themselves, but if don't feel like doing it, that's fine.

At the moment, the regular users of this place are all civil and polite people. Until we get a wave of new users, you probably won't stumble into unpleasant users.

I completely agree that the band's Golden Age was 1997-2005, but my favorite era is Mutter tour. And I think that the fact that in 2009 they returned with a single/video like Pussy is a huge sign that they were indeed struggling to come up with something clever to do.

And yes, TDKR and Inception are overrated. Inception is the better of the two, though.
      "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

Thanks again Snake!

I like the Mutter tour as well. It's however very funny to see how many different styles, looks ,stage settings and different setlists the band had during that tour. Here is a little rumor that might interest you. A couple of weeks ago I found a 6 second clip from a proshot from the Mutter tour. It was from the Roskilde festival (Denmark) in 2002.

On another forum, someone claimed that 5-6 songs from that concert were shown in Danish television back in 2002. It looks like our Danish friends did not care to tape it. Or someone has it, but has not posted it on the internet. Then again we do see old Rammstein clips pop up once in a while. So we can hope for that.

Yet the thing that is the most spectacular, is that the song "Hallelujah" was played there. So a proshot from that song might be possible. Then again it is just a rumor from a person who I don't know and who said "he thinks it was from 2002". Maybe we should not get too excited.
        Last edited by Chrisss Nofff; 02-26-2015, 02:36 AM.

Comment

Hi, Chrisss Nofff! Don't you mind the long posts. Feel welcome to speak a piece of mind here, especially if it's so well-overthought and eloquent as your previous posts. This board has a lot of sympathetic people (I admit, Snake, I still see you as one of them ), but we can definetly use more. I'd say welcome to the club! I think your contributions will be worth the read (they're already so).

As you seem to be knowing your way around Rammhistory -and material, I also invite you to take a look at my two "baby threads" (and @Maya: I'm not talking about the picture or the dating thread !!!), namely the Did You know (http://affenknecht.com/forum/showthr...6-Did-you-know) and the Rammstein beyond the studio albums (http://affenknecht.com/forum/showthread.php/1139-Rammstein-beyond-the-studio-albums). Both are mainly maintained by me, although I know there's still much info out there that's still unknown to me and belongs in the threads. Feel free to post anything that might fit in there. No obligations whatsoever of course !
          Last edited by Waidmann; 01-18-2015, 11:36 PM. Reason: my legs hurt
          Dort wo der Horizont
          Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
          Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
          Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

Waidmann...how did you manage to hurt your legs while posting? Are you doing extreme internet-ing again?

Comment

Originally posted by Waidmann View Post
              As you seem to be knowing your way around Rammhistory -and material, I also invite you to take a look at my two "baby threads" (and @Maya: I'm not talking about the picture or the dating thread !!!), namely the Did You know (http://affenknecht.com/forum/showthr...6-Did-you-know) and the Rammstein beyond the studio albums (http://affenknecht.com/forum/showthread.php/1139-Rammstein-beyond-the-studio-albums). Both are mainly maintained by me, although I know there's still much info out there that's still unknown to me and belongs in the threads. Feel free to post anything that might fit in there. No obligations whatsoever of course !
              Rammhistory in the Dating thread? xD I knew you weren't talking about them...

Comment

Welcome Chrisss! I like reading long posts, with good info, so keep on posting!

Comment

Originally posted by EmeraldRose View Post
                  Waidmann...how did you manage to hurt your legs while posting? Are you doing extreme internet-ing again?
                  I don't want to talk about it...
                  Dort wo der Horizont
                  Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
                  Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
                  Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

Working...
                  X