Bet ya never heard of Scrapple ;)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bet ya never heard of Scrapple ;)

Hello there, I'm Mandy. I'm from Delaware, the second smallest state in the U.S. I love Rammstein with all my being and I was thrilled to receive Volkerball in the mail today. I joined so that I can geek out with other Rammstein fans, as most everyone around here knows Du Hast and that's about it. In regards to my thread title...Scrapple is a breakfast food that is common in my state and a couple other states around us. It's basically pureed pig leftovers mixed with spices and corn mush, formed into a block, cut into 1/4 inch slices and fried. Weird, I know, but I didn't want to just post the usual "hello." I majored in anthropology in college and am very interested in other languages and cultures. I thought I'd give y'all a tidbit of mine.
    "Love is like a flower, even the most beautiful kind dies." -Till Lindemann

Hahaha, Scrapple sounds like my kind of breakfast! When I was in the USA I learned how you could eat interesting hot (and in fact not too healthy) meals to start your day (like bacon, turkey, beans, stew etc.). At the end of the holiday I couldn't imagine life without it, but somehow I managed.

Great anouncement of you that was ! Welcome to the forum.
    Dort wo der Horizont
    Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
    Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
    Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

Yup, this is an original one. Of course no idea...
      ja,ja,ja,ja,ja

Welcome!!!!!

Comment

I actually thought that this was a spam thread when I saw the title. I almost deleted it.

Welcome to this forum.
        "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

^I don't post in those, I removed them

We can talk about breakfasts.

Comment

Thanks guys! Lol @Snake, Spam is actually quite similar to scrapple! I think it has origins in black pudding from Ireland and I hear Germany has something similar too. We have a lot of Amish in my area so it makes sense. So I guess you guys being in Europe have been to the concerts then. What is it like? They played in Philadelphia not long ago, but I didn't have the funds at the time. :'(

Comment

Awwww *hugs*
              Welcome aboard, Fellfrosch! I like your nick!
              I myself haven't been to Rplus concert yet but I am really looking forward to seeing them during Summer Festivals ^-^
              And I wish you could see them as well. Don't give up! You will have your chance! Maybe during a little trip to Europe?

Comment

Thank you I will see them next time they come to the states, no matter what. I would absolutely love to visit Europe. There is so much history and beautiful scenery to explore. To be honest, I really don't feel "at home" here. Its flat, and marshy, and boring. Historical buildings and places are left to rot and ruin. Looking at pictures, I feel like I would be happier in Scotland or Germany.

Comment

^There is no place like home, even if it is flat, marshy and boring.
                  "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

Hello there Fellfrosch! I am also from the states...where it is all flat, marshy, and boring . I plan to move to Germany between 2013 and 2014 though! I'm looking forward to that . And to me, scrapple sounds disgusting. But then again, I am picky when it comes to food...
                    Never been to a Rammstein concert? You've got to go to one! It's amazing! I went to my first one in May when they were touring the states. Now I've got to wait for Wacken

Comment

Originally posted by Snake View Post
                      ^There is no place like home, even if it is flat, marshy and boring.
                      x2

When you are far, you realise how much you miss it.

Comment

Snake, Delaware is like Purgatory, no one leaves lol. I am fond of my little hicktown sometimes but it has changed so much in the last 15 years, it doesn't really resemble itself anymore. Cornfields are now cookie-cutter housing developments, and granaries are parking lots for a bunch of shit chain stores. So really its not home anymore anyway.

527, what state are you from? You're moving to Germany?! Luckyyy! Do you have everything figures out? Jobs and housing and such? Scrapple is one of my faces actually. The idea is that you get it crispy on both sides and gooey in the middle :P So things I have to do before I die: visit Scotland, see Rammstein, see the Rolling Stones, and learn at least one more language.

Comment

Damn autocorrect....faves, not faces! If I had a face like scrapple I would've swallowed a bullet long ago! Rofl!

Comment

Originally posted by Fellfrosch View Post
                            Snake, Delaware is like Purgatory, no one leaves lol. I am fond of my little hicktown sometimes but it has changed so much in the last 15 years, it doesn't really resemble itself anymore. Cornfields are now cookie-cutter housing developments, and granaries are parking lots for a bunch of shit chain stores. So really its not home anymore anyway.

527, what state are you from? You're moving to Germany?! Luckyyy! Do you have everything figures out? Jobs and housing and such? Scrapple is one of my faces actually. The idea is that you get it crispy on both sides and gooey in the middle :P So things I have to do before I die: visit Scotland, see Rammstein, see the Rolling Stones, and learn at least one more language.
                            This past summer I spent two months in Germany (and even got to meet Abendwind from here!) and I realized that I love Germany and nothing can keep me separated from it. Now, I am going to transfer to one of two universities I am looking at for medicine...I just have to wait until spring semester starts to apply :P. On the sites, the universities recommended to wait and just start the new year instead of transferring between semesters. And I will figure everything out in 2013, jobs will be the last thing I probably figure out and housing will more than likely be on the campus or with a friend of mine. And I live in Ohio right now. I hate it. It is so boring. I cry whenever I have to head back to my boring place x). I travel a lot and my top three favorite places that I have been would be Berlin, London, and NYC. Scotland would be terrific!!!
                            And I prefer The Beatles . Too bad I can't see them live :P

Comment

I will repeat myself: there is nothing like home, no matter how bad you think it is.

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

Working...
                              X