Edelweiß

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edelweiß

Hallo, Edelweiß here. I'm from Buffalo, NY.
    I have been into Rammstein since Du Hast came out. I love the sound of the German language but need to learn it. I can do very basic communications.
    I have never seen Rammstein in concert since none of my friends would go with me. I didn't know about the tour until last week something told me to check to see if they were touring. (I haven't been up on music news at all) Before I would never go to a gig alone, that changed when HIM and The 69 Eyes toured, my Finnish friend encouraged me to go by myself because she knew how much I loved the bands. I did and now I get nervous going to a gig alone but sometimes I meet people and if I don't I have a great time anyway. I am crazy because if I love a band I will drive many hours to see them. I'm driving 3.5 hours Thursday to see R+.

Welcome Edelweiss and well done to you for being brave enough to go alone. I hope you have a great time and look forward to hearing all about it here.
    The saying is "You dont know what you have got till its gone" the truth is "You know what you had, you just did not know you would lose it" !!

Comment

Welcome again!

Going to a gig all by yourself is great. Last year I was alone with 30 000 people and it was still just as amazing. : ) I hope you enjoy your Rammstein-concert!
      ''Seitdem ich Guitar Rig 3 benutze, fühlt sich mein Haar viel voller an!'' - Paul Landers

Comment

Welcome, welcome!!!!
        It's amazing that sixth sense.

Comment

Richards Biggest Fan ~ Thanks ! I will tell you everything that happened at the gig. I knew I became braver because when I went to London to see my friend I had decided while she was at work to go see the sites, because she has seen them a million times. Everyone in London was real friendly. They looked at me funny, I dress gothish punk, but they were polite.
          Abend Wind ~ Thanks again. Finnish people seem very brave ! My friend from Finland flies to other countries to see bands she likes by herself. You guys did have Simo Häyhä. I want to one day see Helsinki and I can't remember what it is called but see HIM and The Eyes play at new years, I have to save a lot of $ for that though. The flight alone is near 2 grand.
          Maya ~ Thank you ! I lived in a place called Torrejon (spelling?) For 3 years when I was a little kid. My Dad was in the service. I loved Spain and their mild winters. I wish I was older so I could remember more.

Comment

Torrejon de Ardoz, en la base

Not very far from my home. You have an excuse to come back.

Comment

A warm welcome to the forum!
              Ich zeige euch wie es richtig geht

Comment

Olá, Welcome to this forum.
                "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

Originally posted by Edelweiss View Post
                  Abend Wind ~ Thanks again. Finnish people seem very brave ! My friend from Finland flies to other countries to see bands she likes by herself. You guys did have Simo Häyhä. I want to one day see Helsinki and I can't remember what it is called but see HIM and The Eyes play at new years, I have to save a lot of $ for that though. The flight alone is near 2 grand.
                  Ahh right! I'm not so sure what you meant, could it be Helldone @ Tavastia?
                  ''Seitdem ich Guitar Rig 3 benutze, fühlt sich mein Haar viel voller an!'' - Paul Landers

Comment

Maya ~ I'm glad to have an excuse to come back for sure. I don't really remember much about Madrid but traffic. It would be nice to see the city again.
                    RZK ~ Thanks !
                    Snake ~ Thanks !
                    Abendwind ~ You are awesome ! It is Helldone. I couldn't remember what it was called for the life of me. Yum Ville....

Comment

Allright thanks! I have heard that it's a great event.

Comment

oh i didnt even write here yet?:O
                        welcome Edelweiß :3

your name is a nice flower

Comment

Hi Edelweiß! I am sorry I didn't say hello before. I hope you feel cosy here and participate a lot!

Spanish greetings from London
                          «The trouble with the world is that the stupid is cocksure and the intelligent full of doubt»
                          Bertrand Russell.

Comment

Good luck with the driving. It's quite manageable, I think! I remember driving to a festival where Rammstein headlined. It took me a little more than two and a half hours to reach it. After the festival I was very energetic (allthough I was very active during the whole day, especially during Rammstein), so I drove back with plenty of strength and courage.

(As I arrived home, I got out of the car, entered the house and lost conscience almost immediately ...)

Welcome to the forum, Edelweiß!
                            Dort wo der Horizont
                            Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
                            Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
                            Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

Abendwind ~ If I ever make it to Helsinki, I will let you know.
                              You ~ Thanks. Interesting choice for a screen name.
                              Jorge ~ Muchas Gracias ! You are lucky to live in London.
                              Waidmann ~ Thanks. Do you live in the French or Dutch speaking part of Belguim ? Just curious. I know most Yanks don't know much about Belguim or Europe. I don't mind driving to shows, I drove 9 hours before to see bands I like.
                              I'm supposed to work 7am to 7pm the next day, but I have to see R+.

Funny story I was on a first date with a guy and I told him I wanted to see Croatia. He answers " I don't want to see Croatia, I want to see Europe" There wasn't a second date. LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X