Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maya View Post
    Beginning with you.....
    No definatly beginning with you <3 You know me so well and can always cheer me up when i am down
    The saying is "You dont know what you have got till its gone" the truth is "You know what you had, you just did not know you would lose it" !!

Comment

I'd like to see more moderation.

I know you guys do a hard work, but I think it is important to keep each thread on its way, and not to see some topics drifting to the dangerous waters of "offtopic".

I don't mean that mods should be telling off users, but they can always redirect the discussions to the right way when they just degenerate to a personal exchange of one or two lines per messages, which are unrelated to the opening meassage.

Besides that, this place is really good and in my opinion, difficult to make it better.

Thanks for it.
      «The trouble with the world is that the stupid is cocksure and the intelligent full of doubt»
      Bertrand Russell.

Comment

^We believe that its better to let the users self regulate about off topic rather than enforce them to stay on topic. Its the lesser of two evils.
        "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
          I'd like to see more moderation.

I know you guys do a hard work, but I think it is important to keep each thread on its way, and not to see some topics drifting to the dangerous waters of "offtopic".

I don't mean that mods should be telling off users, but they can always redirect the discussions to the right way when they just degenerate to a personal exchange of one or two lines per messages, which are unrelated to the opening meassage.

Besides that, this place is really good and in my opinion, difficult to make it better.

Thanks for it.
          You talking about me
          The saying is "You dont know what you have got till its gone" the truth is "You know what you had, you just did not know you would lose it" !!

Comment

Originally posted by Snake View Post
            ^We believe that its better to let the users self regulate about off topic rather than enforce them to stay on topic. Its the lesser of two evils.
            No, I mean not letting topics to derivate into offtopics. Even offtopics derivating into... more offtopics.

Anyway, it is just my opinion. If I would have a "big" issue about this you wouldn't see me here every day
            «The trouble with the world is that the stupid is cocksure and the intelligent full of doubt»
            Bertrand Russell.

Comment

Originally posted by RICHARDS BIGGEST FAN View Post
              You talking about me
              No, of course not!
              Bertrand Russell.

Comment

No, of course not!
                He he he, i am always guilty of going off topic, i talk too much in case you had not noticed

Comment

Well, I shouldn't have said anything... I am not refering to any specific person.
                  Bertrand Russell.

Comment

Well, I shouldn't have said anything... I am not refering to any specific person.
                    Honestly Jorge it is no problem, you did not offend me in the least, its rude and nasty people that get me upset and you are certainly not that.
                    See what i mean i am the worlds worst at going off topic lol

Comment

This thread is for opinions and nobody is worse than me.

Comment

Jorge, you got us off-topic !
                        Dort wo der Horizont
                        Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
                        Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
                        Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

My fault too, I am always going off topic. That is how I am in real life though, someone says something that makes me think about something else and then I am talking about something else. Like 15 years ago a counsellor said it was bipolar disorder but every other MD since then has said they do not believe so. I have never been to a psychologist or psychaiatrist either. Bipolar people frequently go off on tangents. So maybe the counsellor had something there.
                          This board is nice. I wish more people interacted but maybe they don't feel comfortable.

Comment

What about a "karma" or "thanks" system, like many other forums have?

This is a vBulletin forum, and I think I remember it has a karma function...

Although I like more the "thanks" option, which doesn't include the concept of "negative" votes...
                            Bertrand Russell.

Comment

^You have the "reputation" option available, which is represented by a sherif star under each member's post.
                              "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

Ah, ok, I see it now.

I like the "thank you" option in other forum system because the "thanks" are given to special actions, answers, etc.

Thanks anyway. Just a suggestion
                                Bertrand Russell.

Comment

Working...
                                X