Affenknecht and "the others"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Affenknecht and "the others"

I would like to know your opinion regarding this portal when comparing to other Rammstein related websites (you can name them

What are the PROS and CONS? What are you missing and what are you enjoying the most?
    sigpic
    Whatever you do may seem insignificant, but it is most important that you do it.

I spend most of my time on Affenknecht. LOVE IT! I go on a couple other sites...but am a devoted Affenknecht user. I have referred the site to all my Rammstein friends. I would like to see some updated FAQ's. That'd be cool. I trust the Affenknecht source. I feel the information I get from the site is dependable. I am so grateful Affenknecht is there! Thanks for ALL you do for us fans!

Comment

I think Affenknecht is unique in the sense that it is the only one that I know of, that has a version for 10 different languages simultaneously. This fact alone makes it stand out from every other site dedicated to the band.

It is also an extensive source of information about Rammstein, although not 100% up-to-date in absolutely every type of information (e.g., FAQ, stunts, equipment, books, etc). On the other hand, is unfeasable to keep so much information up to date on the fly, but regardless of that fact, it is still a respectable effort from everybody involved in this project. There are not many websites that have as much, or even more information than this one.

However, I was expecting the forum to have a much bigger and extensive community that the one that it can currently be observed. I'm not saying that the comunity is bad (it is really good, actually). I'm not even saying it is a bad thing. I'm just saying that I expected it to have much more active users in any given moment than what it actually has now.
      Last edited by Snake; 06-20-2011, 07:52 PM.
      "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

I have yet to find a R+ site that has so much to offer, with information about nearly every aspect of the band, including the less obvious things, such as cover bands, people around Rammstein etc.
        While some of the info seems to be outdated, the news page always has fresh news, as do the song lists and albums

I think the site will become even better when users become more active
        DENN DU BIST, WAS DU ISST.

Comment

I can't find any cons from the site at all. This site have everything what Rammstein fan needs. Opportunity to be a part of this community, find everything on the site, lyrics, albums, tabs, etc, etc and of course, get the fresh R+ news. What I have found out (someone can correct me) that in Finland we have two "official" pages for this kind of things. And hell yeah, Affenknecht is better But the guys on the Rammstein-HQ have done a great job with their site! They have forum and news and I don't know have they something else, because to me (it's not working 100% with IE) it shows that they are still updating the page. And I guess they have been out there before Affenknecht. Following them pretty densely of course

Enjoying the most that the sate have so much information. No need to google something, because I'm always 95% sure that it will be on Affenknecht

I'm glad to be a part of this as a moderator!

Comment

^Are you sure you are a moderator?
            "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

Or whatever I'm :'D Updating the page, nothing in the forum. EXTERNAL WHAT OR WHO AM I (Maybe I need to get alcolock to my computer...)

Comment

^Ah, ok then :P

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

A con about this website for me is that there are so few emoticons. Is there any chance more can be added (like thumbs up, laughing, facepalm, banana, ninja, paranoid etc.)? For me it's crucial to differentiate the whole a bit, because often a remark without a fitting emoticon can be more harsh or too formal or whatever.
                  Dort wo der Horizont
                  Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
                  Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
                  Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

you can always link them :3 meow 2n2drb.png

Comment

If I were to make a suggestion, it would be to clean up some of the lyric pages. Some of the German words are wrong on songs, like Donaukinder. Some of the English translations are also pretty rough. There is also a lot of unnecessary Nazi talk in the comments.

My favorite Rammstein site used to be Herzeleid but it's no longer updated..I'm not even sure what other Rammstein sites are still current anymore. I made a list of some like 5 years ago and they're all dead besides the official ones!

Also want to add that I also wish the forum had more active members! There's a lot of chats in the lyric comments. Maybe on the lyric pages you could put big links that say "Discuss this song on our forums!"?
                      Last edited by saeda; 05-28-2012, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by You View Post
                        you can always link them :3 meow [ATTACH=CONFIG]297[/ATTACH]
                        Somehow that doesn't always work with me ...
                        Dort wo der Horizont
                        Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
                        Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
                        Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

Saeda, I don't think there is a better English site then this one. there are very active forums in other languages, LIFAD itself is pretty active too. facebook LIFAD is very much alive and active. But in terms of information in English gathered in one place this site is cream of the crop
                          Die Rammstein Akten.
                          The ultimate Rammstein press archive.
                          http://www.rammsteinpress.com/

Comment

There may not be many active users here at Affenknecht but i love it and 99% of members are lovely
                            The saying is "You dont know what you have got till its gone" the truth is "You know what you had, you just did not know you would lose it" !!

Comment

Beginning with you.....

Comment

Working...
                              X