Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snake
    replied
    ^In time, you will get used to the new layout. That is just your resistance to change talking.

Leave a comment:

• You
    replied
    sorry then...
    i dont feel too good about this though

Leave a comment:

• External
    replied
    the reason is that the new template uses different plugins, some of the old plugins were deactivated. Another reason is that some pictures have been re-sized and do not fit the old layout (would cause overflow). Maintaining two versions is also not cost effective.

Leave a comment:

• You
    replied
    but why not give an option to choose?
    since the content is the same, i think there could be like a drop down menü or something for the layout, since wouldnt it work the same way if the content changes? so i dont think there would be a need to care about the old design even if people could use it

Leave a comment:

• External
    replied
    Originally posted by You View Post
    uh... i dont know.
    can you give an option to change it back? or would it took too much?
    im sorry for being pessimist, or negative or somethings =o
    byes...
    Unfortunately we will not support the old version and just like the other websites we will only focus on the current one.

Leave a comment:

• You
    replied
    uh... i dont know.
    sorry , i already hate youtube for changing its layout, among many sites.
    i hate changes in general, but when its related to mobiles , the sites just get dumbed down, and huge annoying buttons.
    its also forced all the time. if the previous look worked, and people liked it and got used to it, why even change it?
    i tried a lot of things to get youtube look like before, and many people did, it was like if my home changed. which also did by the way, and so many things changed recently that i dont feel comfortable anywhere. can you give an option to change it back? or would it took too much?
    im sorry for being pessimist, or negative or somethings =o
    byes...

Leave a comment:

• External
    replied
    Thank you all for being here, I am really happy about that

Leave a comment:

• Maya
    replied
    I like it a lot.
    I came for the lyrics and suscribed to the newsletter, one day I received an email talking about the new forum.

http://en.affenknecht.com/testing-new-forum/

I'm still here (I'm the 3rd member, after the second... Snake, and the first one, of course External)

Leave a comment:

• EmeraldRose
    replied
    I like the new page layout! Still haven't checked it on mobile, but maybe if I have time after work...

Much like Rose, I came for the lyrics and stayed for the people

Leave a comment:

• The Rose
    replied
    ^ I think it has a fresh, crisp look about it. I looks really good
    I found this site when searching for some lyric-translations and stayed around for the friendly atmosphere

Leave a comment:

• External
    replied
    I hope it is a step forward, but only time will show

Leave a comment:

• Snake
    started a topic New Affenknecht layout

New Affenknecht layout

External has created a brand new design for Affenknecht website, and it is already deployed at the english section.

Screenshot: ss.jpg

Originally posted by External
    This is an incredible story. A couple of days ago I was accidentally reading the “About” page on Affenknecht and discovered that the site was launched already in 2005 (formerly under domain Rammstein-Europe.com, but we had some troubles years ago). Now my calendar says it’s almost 2015. Incredible 10 years – of course full of Rammstein – many life concerts, hours / weeks of listening and of course also web development. This site is something I am really proud of.

I was hesitant for a long time and did not want to touch the great rusty design I made in 2004/5. But then I realized that the original artwork does not meet the needs of today’s fans. More and more of you access the website from mobile devices and it is important that the website is readable also on smartphones and tablets.

The new design also shows all media in more spectacular way – not small images, but nice huge pictures of your favorite band!

Another thing I want to say is that I believe that the new template will last for next 10 years but first of all let’s test it together for couple of months!

I also want to thank to all people who helped me with the site / social media and forum administration. Huge amount of work.

And last but not least big thanks to all fans who are with us – especially those who remember Rammstein Europe and went with us through all the good and bad times. Are you one of them? Share your biggest thing related to Affenknecht in the comment section!
Working...
X