New Affenknecht layout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Affenknecht layout

External has created a brand new design for Affenknecht website, and it is already deployed at the english section.

Screenshot: ss.jpg

Originally posted by External
    This is an incredible story. A couple of days ago I was accidentally reading the “About” page on Affenknecht and discovered that the site was launched already in 2005 (formerly under domain Rammstein-Europe.com, but we had some troubles years ago). Now my calendar says it’s almost 2015. Incredible 10 years – of course full of Rammstein – many life concerts, hours / weeks of listening and of course also web development. This site is something I am really proud of.

I was hesitant for a long time and did not want to touch the great rusty design I made in 2004/5. But then I realized that the original artwork does not meet the needs of today’s fans. More and more of you access the website from mobile devices and it is important that the website is readable also on smartphones and tablets.

The new design also shows all media in more spectacular way – not small images, but nice huge pictures of your favorite band!

Another thing I want to say is that I believe that the new template will last for next 10 years but first of all let’s test it together for couple of months!

I also want to thank to all people who helped me with the site / social media and forum administration. Huge amount of work.

And last but not least big thanks to all fans who are with us – especially those who remember Rammstein Europe and went with us through all the good and bad times. Are you one of them? Share your biggest thing related to Affenknecht in the comment section!
    "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

I hope it is a step forward, but only time will show
    sigpic
    Whatever you do may seem insignificant, but it is most important that you do it.

Comment

^ I think it has a fresh, crisp look about it. I looks really good
      I found this site when searching for some lyric-translations and stayed around for the friendly atmosphere

Comment

I like the new page layout! Still haven't checked it on mobile, but maybe if I have time after work...

Much like Rose, I came for the lyrics and stayed for the people

Comment

I like it a lot.
          I came for the lyrics and suscribed to the newsletter, one day I received an email talking about the new forum.

http://en.affenknecht.com/testing-new-forum/

I'm still here (I'm the 3rd member, after the second... Snake, and the first one, of course External)

Comment

Thank you all for being here, I am really happy about that
            sigpic
            Whatever you do may seem insignificant, but it is most important that you do it.

Comment

uh... i dont know.
              sorry , i already hate youtube for changing its layout, among many sites.
              i hate changes in general, but when its related to mobiles , the sites just get dumbed down, and huge annoying buttons.
              its also forced all the time. if the previous look worked, and people liked it and got used to it, why even change it?
              i tried a lot of things to get youtube look like before, and many people did, it was like if my home changed. which also did by the way, and so many things changed recently that i dont feel comfortable anywhere. can you give an option to change it back? or would it took too much?
              im sorry for being pessimist, or negative or somethings =o
              byes...

Comment

Originally posted by You View Post
                uh... i dont know.
                can you give an option to change it back? or would it took too much?
                im sorry for being pessimist, or negative or somethings =o
                byes...
                Unfortunately we will not support the old version and just like the other websites we will only focus on the current one.
                sigpic

Comment

but why not give an option to choose?
                  since the content is the same, i think there could be like a drop down menü or something for the layout, since wouldnt it work the same way if the content changes? so i dont think there would be a need to care about the old design even if people could use it

Comment

the reason is that the new template uses different plugins, some of the old plugins were deactivated. Another reason is that some pictures have been re-sized and do not fit the old layout (would cause overflow). Maintaining two versions is also not cost effective.
                    sigpic

Comment

sorry then...
                      i dont feel too good about this though

Comment

^In time, you will get used to the new layout. That is just your resistance to change talking.
                        "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

Originally posted by Snake View Post
                          ^In time, you will get used to the new layout. That is just your resistance to change talking.
                          uh.. yep, but it has reasons.
                          change means you also change, and you cant return even if you would want to.
                          like , if i would want to see the previous look just to see it, i couldnt. actually i did just now, on the other language things. and maybe if the site was like this before i wouldnt even be here.
                          i took the change of youtube so bad i cant watch a video without thinking about the changes, so for like one and half years, and not exaggerating.
                          i think its easier for the people operating a website or how to say... since they always have the chance to apply the old things again, at least i hope so..
                          if i change something around myself for some reason its better too, since i did it myself without being forced to um.. "suffer" a change.
                          soo... if things go like this, my visions of the future would have to have every site looking like it was changed just for mobile things users.
                          actually its almost the case now

sorry if i sound or seem harsh or whatevers. and i dont want to ruin the mood... but i would like to have comfort in thinking i will have the things i used to have, and could return to the places i got used to/liked.

but if most of the other places didnt change also, i think i wouldnt mind this.
                          not just sites, a lot of things in real life too. (and the same time they got deader too, or were changed becouse they were about to die out, but of course it didnt help.)

and im sorry for writing these, but my past one and half years kind of got ruined becouse of everything changing. or maybe my whole life, since my plans and goals dont apply to this new world anymore. i dont even know what to do, STILL after all this time.
                          to get used to things, i would have to have some memories, experiences with the new things. but even if i do, they would just get compared to what i lived through in the old ones, and even if they can "compete", it comes to mind how it could have been if nothing changed, and all the new happenings got added to the memories with the old one you knew.
                          Like if you just got a new dog to replace an old one, when you still wanted to do so much with the original.
                          so yeaps... i think its just me, becouse i just wanted to be able to return to the comfort of the same places every day, as steady... supports, or how to say.
                          but now it feels like the whole world is against me... actually, it also feels like if things really had to change, they shouldnt do it at once. they shouldnt just throw away a design that was used and perfected for decades, just to change it to something they made in some days. its like if they took an old friend of yours and replaced it with a small kid you dont know... not really referring to this site now.

And i know you all will hate me after reading this, or at least look at me in a weird way. i dont want to get anyone in doubt about this, or be a party popper or what they say... i just didnt even have people to tell these to, as i lost most of them too...
                          uh, yeap and now another thought comes, that the past places connected me to the memories about those people, and yeps i could go on for a while about these things, since this is what has been happening, and what is happening right now to me.

okays, please just ignore this post, or maybe i should just delete it. i dont want to spread this feeling to anyone else. and as i wrote you all will hate me anyway.. . s
                          well bye, sorry

Comment

@You new relax, man. Take a deep breath.

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

Originally posted by You View Post
                              aokays, please just ignore this post, or maybe i should just delete it. i dont want to spread this feeling to anyone else. and as i wrote you all will hate me anyway.. . s
                              well bye, sorry
                              NO, we don't hate you, I worry about you. You seem to be in a bad place and I really, really hope you have some one you can talk to. Please take care.

Comment

Working...
                              X