Emigrate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Rose View Post
    Of course he will, he admitted listening to the CD, so he'll read about as well
    I could never fairly claim SSL is mediocre without giving it a chance. I did gave it more than one listening. And I can honestly say that I don't care about it and I feel no desire to listen to it. I don't even hate Emigrate; it really is a matter of not giving a fuck about the album and the band.
    "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• ^If you don't give a fuck, why continue to participate in Emigrate threads?

I think you protest too much, and in reality you're a closet Emigrate fan

Comment

• Of course he is, our favorite fanboy xD

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rose View Post
          ^If you don't give a fuck, why continue to participate in Emigrate threads?

I think you protest too much, and in reality you're a closet Emigrate fan
          I don't protest against Emigrate; I am merely an asshole that can't understand the fact that some people are able to care about Emigrate (specially after SSL). If everybody else around here didn't care about this band, I wouldn't feel compeled to repeat myself either.

Besides, if this forum had more activity across other threads, I wouldn't even remember to follow this one.
          "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• And here you go protesting again. tsk tsk . . . fanboy

Comment

• Anyway, I'm of to Germany in the morning (early) so I'll say g'night and sleep well

Comment

• @ Snake: It's hard to believe your negativity in advance hasn't been clouding or at least strongly determining your point of view about the Emigrate album. You were already saying it would be shite before the release, and it's actually hard to believe your mind wasn't somehow already made up. I don't mean to offend you, but the negative attitude you often maintain destroys much of your credibility when it comes to objective judgement. You seem to focus on the bad things in everything, which very easily leads to "the mind sees what it wants to see". Not to be an asshole though, but you're reinforcing your own clichés and once again: without you spelling out your arguments why you think so (like for instance bad lyrics, overproduced keyboards, monotone guitare sound etc., I'm just making stuff up here), there's no way I could possibly take your opinions seriously anymore, unless I agree and know why (from others here I do take it seriously, because they seem to show more persepectives). I'm just saying it... I don't say you should care or agree... But I'm guessing you don't want to be the old nagging folks on the balkony of the Muppet Show, however hard you're copying their behaviour .
                So actually, the hidden question here is: why exactly do you dislike the new album? I don't really like people complaining if they don't care to back up their remarks .
                Last edited by Waidmann; 12-20-2014, 12:10 AM. Reason: What's 6 inches long, 2 inches wide and drives women crazy? Money.
                Dort wo der Horizont
                Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
                Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
                Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

• I will now forever see Snake as one or both of them.

Comment

• Anyway, I'm looking forward to doing my own review of the album. And seeing your thoughts too Waidmann. Off to pick up the kids from school. Rose, have a safe trip and fun in Germany

Comment

• Originally posted by Waidmann View Post
                      @ Snake: It's hard to believe your negativity in advance hasn't been clouding or at least strongly determining your point of view about the Emigrate album. You were already saying it would be shite before the release, and it's actually hard to believe your mind wasn't somehow already made up. I don't mean to offend you, but the negative attitude you often maintain destroys much of your credibility when it comes to objective judgement. You seem to focus on the bad things in everything, which very easily leads to "the mind sees what it wants to see". Not to be an asshole though, but you're reinforcing your own clichés and once again: without you spelling out your arguments why you think so (like for instance bad lyrics, overproduced keyboards, monotone guitare sound etc., I'm just making stuff up here), there's no way I could possibly take your opinions seriously anymore, unless I agree and know why (from others here I do take it seriously, because they seem to show more persepectives). I'm just saying it... I don't say you should care or agree... But I'm guessing you don't want to be the old nagging folks on the balkony of the Muppet Show, however hard you're copying their behaviour .
                      So actually, the hidden question here is: why exactly do you dislike the new album? I don't really like people complaining if they don't care to back up their remarks .
                      You are wrong about me having made up my mind about SSL before it was ever released. Even though I was always skeptical about the album and always held zero expectations, I also kept an open mind about it. Furthermore, even after I listened to SSL, I never said it was a piece of shit. All I said, was it was a mediocre album. Mediocre is not synonimum with aweful, it is synonimum with *average*. Precisely because I find it to be so average and inane, I am incapable of caring about it.

I also can confidentely assert that my opinion of SSL and Emigrate is not clouded by any negativity in advance, for one simple reason: I already experienced such negativity in the past and I know exactly how it feels. Such sentiment - as you might be already guessing - was aimed towards LIFAD. For LIFAD in particular, I am willing to admit that I had (and probably still have) a clouded judgment. However, I know I am not experiecing the same thing with SSL, because if I did, I had to feel the same way I felt towards LIFAD five years ago. As missguided as my negativity might have been towards LIFAD, it came from the fact that I cared a lot about how it would turn out. For SSL, I only had a slight curiosity, but ultimately I wouldn't be bothered if the album truly sucked.

Finally, consider this: as much as I say that LIFAD sucks, the truth is I still care about it, I still listen to it, and I still feel something when it starts playing (be it because I like songs like Rammlied, ITDW or Waidmmanns heil, or because I hate songs like Pussy, FiP and B******). But in the case of SSL, I feel almost *nothing*, and I never crave to listen to it again. The only song that means anything to me is Hypotethical, because it reminds me of the times when Marilyn Manson still created good music. And even that song is not good enough (or even bad enough) for me to want to listen to it. The rest of the songs truly don't trigger any kind of reaction from me, be it because I like or deslike them. Unlike LIFAD, SSL makes me feel nothing. Hence, the reason for my initial post: not giving a single flying rancid fuck about it.

TL;DR

You are wrong, and I told you why above.
                      Last edited by Snake; 12-20-2014, 02:26 AM.

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• ^Skeptical??? That's how you call the vision you expressed before the release??? That's like saying the Hulk can be slightly moody and his skin apears to have a small hint of green!

It's not always clear to see through your extreme remarks. You are like: "Man, LIFAD sucks!!! But I like that song... and that one... oh, and that one too...". Every discussion with you is me not agreeing with your extreme point of view and than you explain you actually didn't mean it too bad etc. and you not understanding why I couldn't grasp why your "I hate all of this" actually meant "I sort of dislike most of it" . Sorry man, but sometimes you 're just like those tabloid magazines, trying to find the most controverse titles, blowing everything up out of proportion. Probably not on purpose (I remember you talking about that), but it's still so.

I was wrong, but you didn't care to express yourself to the full, so the thruth just couldn't be known by anyone but yourself .
                        Dort wo der Horizont
                        Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
                        Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
                        Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

• Originally posted by Waidmann View Post
                          ^Skeptical??? That's how you call the vision you expressed before the release??? That's like saying the Hulk can be slightly moody and his skin apears to have a small hint of green!
                          Perhaps my titles are exagerated, but a tabloid magazine is there to make a profit out of the misery of others, while I do it merely out of the awfulness of my heart. Also, I really don't recall being that negativy around SSL around here. Surely I displayed contempt, but I never really had my mind made up. I was ready to give it a fare chance in spite of it.
                          Last edited by Snake; 12-20-2014, 04:31 PM.

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• Ok...starting a fresh pot of coffee and then the listening and reviewing shall commence.

Also, I actually have to agree with Snake, I think he did give the album a (relatively) fair chance. Several of the things he expressed about certain songs I can understand, as I think I felt the same way, though not to such a degree. My initial reaction was similar. I wished some songs had been faster, some were just sort of meh.

I think the difference is that when I finally got my hands on it, my state of mind was such that the "darkness" in the album and the lyrics really settled around me and it all just sort of works.

There are still a few songs that are just kind of meh, but we will get to that after I get my thoughts together. I'll write it up and then paste it in here after I get it done.

Comment

• Sorry, no review this weekend because kids.

I will try to spend some time on it during work this week.

Comment

• try to write two or three tracks per day, it was too much.

Comment

Working...
                                X