No announcement yet.

Emigrate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think my favorite bit of info is that Lemmy never really even talked to Richard about any of it. No word, no notice. Just recorded the track and sent it back to him. That's pretty cool. Though I can't picture him telling Lemmy to grab his balls...or anything really. He was probably just thrilled that Lemmy did the recording for his song...

Comment

• @Snake But he didn't mentioned it, so ...

I believe on the press release it mentioned that Marilyn Manson was a guest on the album as well but it didn't mention which song he was on.

"Hypothetical." That was the first song that I felt his voice and personality really fit. From the first time I heard it, I always pictured him singing that song. So he was listening to the song with my vocals on it and he said, it sounds good to me I don't know why you'd want to change it. He wasn't really convinced that he could do a better job. So he tried something and I felt that it wasn't really right for the song. He was doing his record at the time and was in his studio doing his thing. So I wanted to get him out of his environment. I called up a friend of mine who has a studio in LA and we brought him in there and he worked for eight hours on this track and it came out exactly like I had it in mind. There was a little drama involved with him but that what you get when you ask for him. He ain't Lemmy.
      Source:http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/inter...no_i_dont.html

For me it does not sound like The Beautiful People, but I thought I was listening to one song of the first album, I don't remember which one (I'm not an Emigrate fan, you know) so for me it's a part two of one of the first album, that dissapointed me. I have to listen to the others.

Comment

• BTW, we are talking about this: http://www.amazon.de/gp/recsradio/ra...disc=1&track=1

Comment

• I don't think it sounds like The Beautiful People. Maya, I think the sounds is actually pretty different from the first one. There's some similarity, but I can't picture a song it might be a part two of...

I will have to listen thru the first album again to check.

Comment

• Think that I'm not an Emigrate fan, the day I listened to it, I had been listening to the first album during the morning, only to refresh the sound, cause we are talking continuously about it lately and except for one or two songs didn't have a clear memory of it. I was pretty disappointed when I listened to it, and thought it was the same.....

But I still have my door open and want to listen to it

Comment

• ^ You could be right. It is hard to tell with such a short snip of a song, and there are several songs on the first album that sound similar. Of course, there's also the ones that are so similar to Rammstein songs...

The bits I've heard sound good, and it will be nice to finally hear the whole thing. It's what, another month to wait?

Comment

• ^No, we will listen to Eat You Alive in ten days.

Comment

• ^ Except I didn't pre-order the single.

*sigh*

Ok, now I am considering it. I really don't need to go and look...

*goes to look*

Comment

• Dammit. That's not a bad price. And they have a knit cap I want. :P

EDIT: I made my will save. It'd be $50 with the shipping, and that is not a good price. Maybe one of these days I will look at the US based RammShop and see if the prices are better. Last time I looked there though they didn't have whatever it was I wanted.
                    Last edited by EmeraldRose; 10-15-2014, 04:11 AM.

Comment

• That's shitty, $50

Comment

• Yep. For the single and the red star knit hat. $50. Although I'm looking at the US shop and the cost plus shipping for the cap there is still $28. So, I think I will hold off on getting it. It'd be nice to have it, especially since it's starting to get colder and I can't afford the hoodie I want, but I just can't see spending that much money on a hat.

And I will skip getting the single. The album will be out eventually, so I will just have to wait.

I just hope they don't push it back again...and again...

Comment

• $50 that's a bit steep, but then again I think a lot of the merchandise on rammstein.de is on the expensive side.

The red star hat is nice though, I gave it to myself for X-mas last year, we stopped giving presents in my family, so I treat myself

Comment

• $28 is not very cheap for a hat, you'll have to consider how much do you desire it

I hope the single will be released this month.

Comment

• Well, the $50 was for the hat and the CD. The $28 on the US site was just for the hat, it's ~$35 from the main shop for the same item, but I think it's from the higher shipping cost. I am still thinking about it. I do really want it, and I've been looking at it for awhile. Rose, is it pretty good quality? Can't really have too many knit hats, in case one gets wet from the snow...I might still think about getting it. Maybe that will get the urge to buy some Ramm-stuff out of my system.

I will wait impatiently for the album. Maybe I will replace my lost copy of the first CD with a signed one for Christmas or something.

EDIT: My math sucks...$45 for just the hat from the main site...because it's 15Euro to ship versus $8...pretty big difference. I guess if it's something the US site has I will get it there...
                              Last edited by EmeraldRose; 10-15-2014, 07:21 PM.

Comment

• It's good quality, but a bit on the big side, so I'm trying to figure out how to make it tighter so it feels more secure.

Comment

Working...
                                X