No announcement yet.

Emigrate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indeed it is so that Rammstein brought Richard to where he is now, but with the money Richard has, he doesn't need Rammstein anymore. Hopefully he'll still give it another go though, but I very well think so. Luckily, in the interviews we've seen of last year's tour, Richard seemed very thrilled and happy about the Rammstein shows. I don't think we should see Emigrate as some kind of threat (the situation would be worse if he hadn't Emigrate and therefore started to get fed up with a band where some of his musical ideas can't find a way). Ontly as a delay, so I hope it'll be a good delay . The signs look good so far.
    Last edited by Waidmann; 08-09-2014, 11:01 PM. Reason: I'm mildly aroused by Susan Boyle
    Dort wo der Horizont
    Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
    Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
    Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

• He had always said Rammstein is the priority, I hope it continues the same. He won't be as successful as with Rammstein, I'm sure he knows that, but maintaining the two bands separate is better.

Comment

• ^Agree. But I also saw an interview were he said the others had other interests, but he only had music which was why he had his side-project when Rammstein took a break. I'm more afraid the others will pursue their other interests to a degree where they wont return to Rammstein

Comment

• ^Good point. Many fans constantly worry that RZK might give up on Rammstein for Emigrate, but it might actually be more probable that Till gives up to write poetry, Doom to play handball, Paul to persue a career as a photographer, Flake for his car business and Ollie to... go surfing?
          "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• ^Their main source of money is Rammstein and music, and when people is used to that amount of money they usually need it.

Comment

• It would be kind of weird if they didn't have any other passion or occupation. Rammstein can mean the world to them, but it's still hard work. I like being a teacher, wouldn't want to give it up, but keeping that as my only passion? No way, José! If there's any reason I can do my job, it's because I can relax with other stuff, reload for the job with other projects. I'm sure it's like that with them too.
              Dort wo der Horizont
              Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
              Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
              Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

• ^i agree with you. If I would spend all my time working, it would be very stressing, i wouldn't survive

Comment

• I agree with you Waidmann, but sometimes you feel like you've worked long enough and want to stop to dedicate your time to your other interests. Like I'm planning to do in a few years time, when I'll (hopefully) have enough money to live on. And even though the concert-tours are expensive, I'm sure the members of Rammstein have enough to do the same.

Comment

• They will come back at least one more time. That much we can be sure of. Whatever they decide to do after that return, is a total wildcard.

Personally, I hope they make something similar to the LIFAD/MIG tour: A first phase dedicated to presenting their new album, and a second phase with a more balanced set-list.
                    Last edited by Snake; 08-10-2014, 07:35 PM.
                    "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• During the last tour, they seemed to have fun, but maybe they'll decide to stop soon, nobody knows what will happen, I prefer not to think what will be in 6 years or if the next tour will be the last one.it's better to enjoy the moment.

@the Rose That moment it's so far away for me, that only with a lottery or similar it could happen.

Comment

• Richard for Rock Hard:

EMIGRATE geben euch am 17. Oktober ihre zweite Platte "Silent So Long" auf die Ohren. Die Truppe um RAMMSTEIN-Gitarrist Richard Kruspe veröffentlicht den Langspieler über Vertigo/Universal Music als CD und Vinyl. "Ich kann gar nicht so genau sagen, warum, aber irgendwie wollte ich immer mindestens zwei EMIGRATE-Platten machen", kommentiert Kruspe den Langspieler.

Neben dem Gitarristen/Sänger und seinen Bandkollegen Olson Involtini (g.), Arnaud Girous (b.) und Mikko Sirén (dr.) sind auf "Silent So Long" auch einige bekannte GastsängerInnen zu hören: Lemmy Kilmister (MOTÖRHEAD), Jonathan Davis (KORN), Peaches und Marilyn Manson übernehmen auf dem Album das Mikro. "Der Grundgedanke bei EMIGRATE ist, mit neuen Leuten zu arbeiten, ungewohntes Terrain zu betreten, andere Welten zu entdecken", erklärt Kruspe den hohen Gastanteil.
                        (Original in German)

EMIGRATE give you 17 October their second album "Silent So Long" on the ears. The troupe Rammstein guitarist Richard Kruspe published the long-player on Vertigo / Universal Music as a CD and vinyl. "I can not say exactly why, but somehow I always wanted at least to make two EMIGRATE plates", Kruspe commented on the long player. Besides the guitarist / singer and his bandmates Olson Involtini (g.), Arnaud Girous (b). and Mikko Sirén (. dr) are also heard on "Silent So Long" some well-known guest singers: Lemmy Kilmister ( MOTÖRHEAD ), Jonathan Davis ( KORN ), Peaches and Marilyn Manson take on the album the micro. "The basic idea behind EMIGRATE is to work with new people to enter unfamiliar territory, other worlds to discover, " says Kruspe the high proportion guest.
                        (Translated by Google)

Source: http://www.rockhard.de/news/newsarch...m-oktober.html

Comment

• More news in blabbermouth.net

RAMMSTEIN Guitarist's EMIGRATE: More 'Silent So Long' Album Details Revealed

EMIGRATE, the side project of RAMMSTEIN guitarist Richard Z. Kruspe, will release its sophomore album, "Silent So Long", on October 21 via Spinefarm. The CD, which was produced by the EMIGRATE bandmembers themselves and mixed in February/March by Ben Grosse (MARILYN MANSON, DISTURBED), features guest appearances by Lemmy Kilmister (MOTÖRHEAD), Jonathan Davis (KORN), Marilyn Manson, Canadian born Berlin-dweller Peaches, and Frank Dellé from chart-topping German collective SEEED.

As with the debut, Kruspe adds to his guitar playing/songwriting duties by stepping up to the mic.

"I didn't write the songs with specific guests in mind," explains Kruspe, "I just thought who would do the best job on this or that track, and the final performances were everything I was hoping for. You know, I've had about five moments in my music career when I've been left smiling like a child — one was when RAMMSTEIN sold out New York's Madison Square Garden in 20 minutes (2010), but the last one was hearing Lemmy on tape. It just sounds fucking great! I wrote him a really long message and he came back, 'Alright!' Fantastic!"

For Kruspe, still firmly ensconced within the RAMMSTEIN ranks, EMIGRATE has never been a side or a solo project. Preferring to tap into the energy of a team, and looking to revive the collaborative spirit of the East German punk scene he grew from, the guitarist has always put value on those around him, and this time — in addition to the existing personnel of guitarist/producer Olson Involtini and bassist/co-conspirator Arnaud Giroux — he's joined by drummers Mikko Sirén (APOCALYPTICA) and Joe Letz (COMBICHRIST).

While "Emigrate" saw Kruspe, a restless creative spirit, proving that he could take on a new set of challenges, the follow-up adds fresh layers in terms of invention, emotion and contemporary sheen, with Margaux Bossieux — previously of New York punk band DIRTY MARY — providing telling backing vocals throughout; crafted with care in Kruspe's own Berlin studio plus the old radio building on the city's Nalepa Street, the latter enhanced by an extra control room's worth of gear (!), "Silent So Long" is another bold step forward, with both music and (English) lyrics showing no desire to be corralled, and Kruspe the guitarist happy to let rip where the music demands.

Says Kruspe: "For me, it was important to reach a new level of songwriting, singing and production, and I can honestly say we made it."

"Silent So Long" track listing:

01. Eat You Alive (featuring Frank Dellé)
                          02. Get Down (featuring Peaches)
                          03. Rock City (featuring Lemmy Kilmister)
                          04. Hypothetical
                          05. Rainbow
                          06. Born On My Own
                          07. Giving Up
                          08. My Pleasure
                          09. Happy Times
                          10. Faust
                          11. Silent So Long (featuring Jonathan Davis)

Source: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ram...qTrIguv1TX6.99

Comment

• Just give me the damn CD already. :P

Comment

• ^Without having to wait for it? No

Comment

• ^ Awwwww......

Comment

Working...
                                X