No announcement yet.

Emigrate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She is not dissapointed, she had an idea of how it is. The fangirl is shouting,,,,

Comment

• Originally posted by Maya View Post
      It would be better:"Yeah, I think my inner fangirl WAS pretty well chained up"

xD
      Yeah, you may be right.
      Originally posted by The Rose View Post
      ^ Thank you for the wake-up yell. Time for me to find my bed, I have to be at work at 7. There will be 300 students handing in papers and I have to go through them by Monday to see if the qualify for exams. So I'll be at bit busy the next couple of days.

So go listen at full blast, I'll put in my ear-plugs and go to sleep
      Happy to help! I listened to it in the car all the way downtown and back, pretty loud. Ok, very loud

Good luck grading papers! Drink lots of coffee!

Originally posted by Snake View Post
      So ER, how dissapointed are you at the album?
      Originally posted by Maya View Post
      She is not dissapointed, she had an idea of how it is. The fangirl is shouting,,,,
      Honestly? I'm not really disappointed. I think even though it pissed me off how long the wait was, and that they released just bits and pieces, it was better having an idea what it was going to be like.

If I'd not heard any of it and then listened to all for the first time today? Yeah, I'd have been pretty disappointed. As it is, I think knowing it was going to be VERY different helped.

It is DEFINITELY not like the first album, and if I'd been expecting that same sound, it's there but only if you really listen for it. There are a couple songs I'm not really thrilled with, but I can't say that I dislike them. They are just different. On the other hand, there are several songs I REALLY like, and a couple that I'm very surprised that I really like. The biggest surprise for me is how much I like Rainbow. I didn't think I was going to, but I really do.

I think it also helped that I had it so loud in the car and really just listened to the lyrics. Maybe it's my current state of mind, but I can see now why he was saying this album is so much darker. He didn't mean the sound of the music, he meant the lyrics. The album definitely fits me for where I am right now, and I think that probably makes it a bit easier to accept that it's so much different.

I guess I decided to go into it today without expectations, and just listen to it. And for me, for where I am now, it is a really great album.

And now my inner fangirl is screaming for the third one.

Comment

• ^You will probably get a 3rd one.
        "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• I'm really glad you love it.

See @Snake ? The fangirl is free

Comment

• I know you guys are probably thinking I'm crazy for liking it, but I am happy with it. And it is going to be a looooong wait for the next one :P

Maybe we'll get some Rammstein stuff in the meantime. Or Till's solo thing...

Comment

• Originally posted by EmeraldRose View Post
              I know you guys are probably thinking I'm crazy for liking it, but I am happy with it.
              I don't think you're crazy for liking it, I haven't heard it, so I have no opinion. If you're happy with it, good for you smiley-bounce018.gif

Comment

• It's nice to have the lyrics while I'm listening. I think they're very good...

And yes, I can't help but imagine Jonathan Davis grabbing his balls on Silent So Long. That image will forever be there. Thanks Richard
                Last edited by EmeraldRose; 11-26-2014, 05:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by EmeraldRose View Post
                  I know you guys are probably thinking I'm crazy for liking it, but I am happy with it.

Originally posted by The Rose View Post
                  I don't think you're crazy for liking it, I haven't heard it, so I have no opinion. If you're happy with it, good for you smiley-bounce018.gif
                  x2 "I don't think you're crazy for liking it. If you're happy with it, good for you smiley-bounce018.gif"

Not my cup of tea, but if you like it....

Originally posted by EmeraldRose View Post
                  And it is going to be a looooong wait for the next one :P

Maybe we'll get some Rammstein stuff in the meantime. Or Till's solo thing...
                  It's not, he said March - Summer 2015, so it will be November 2015, I don't think we'll have any Rammstein stuff or Till's solo album before.

Comment

• Loudwire just lost its credibility in my eyes: http://loudwire.com/best-rock-albums-2014/
                    "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• ^ WTF

. . . oh, and Foo Fighters should have been higher on the list

Comment

• ^As well as Godsmack. At the very least, ahead of Emigrate.

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• WTH? It"s a fine record, but still... Slipknot isn't even in it! And Dicks GayM (also known as Sixx AM) shouldn't be in it, honestly!
                          Dort wo der Horizont
                          Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
                          Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
                          Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

• Probably it's a joke, they should have waited 13 more days.

Comment

• Please, I don't understand it. A merciful soul who translate the interesting parts for us....

I'm really surprised because he speaks very quickly, and in English he doesn´t.

Comment

• Wow, he's talking really fast! I wonder if that's how he usually speaks in German? I will be interested to see the translation, but just from the (very few) words I've picked out it seems to be more of the same?

Comment

Working...
                                X