No announcement yet.

Emigrate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This one is in German: http://www.krone.at/Musik/Emigrate_I...w-Story-427027

The interesting part translates to: "We will meet again in September 2015 and see then, how we are. But until then, not much new will happen. We are also in the situation, to lead festivals without a new album."
    "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• Originally posted by Snake View Post
      This one is in German: http://www.krone.at/Musik/Emigrate_I...w-Story-427027

The interesting part translates to: "We will meet again in September 2015 and see then, how we are. But until then, not much new will happen. We are also in the situation, to lead festivals without a new album."
      For me even more interesting is what Kruspe says after that : There will be a 3rd Emigrate album, which is almost done. They still need 3 songs. The album will be finalized next year, when I'll probably be on my way with Rammstein again.
      Dort wo der Horizont
      Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
      Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
      Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

• ^Which will probably be Emigrate's own rosenrot.
        "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• 3rd album next year?

I found it interesting he is trying to "keep Emigrate separate" by doing interviews in English instead of German. I can understand doing it in English because Arnaud doesn't speak German as fluently, but...how is interviewing in English keeping Rammstein separate? He does tons of Rammstein interviews in English as well...

I love how the host keeps mostly speaking in German.

I like his response to why so many other singers- "Why not?"

Hmm...so if he says it comes out March or summer 2015, that really means December. At least based on experience from this year... Well, still good news.

Comment

• @Waidmann he had said that before and in the one posted before (min. 18), so it's interesting he thinks about festivals without a new album. :O

Comment

• If they really think they can headline a festival anytime, anywhere, without anything new to present, they are feeling over-confident. I would go to their concerts regardless of what new material they have - and personally might even prefer no new material at all - but I think they are over-estimating their fan-mass.

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• Probably it depends on the country, but maybe it will be necessary a new album in two or three years. They'll plan next steps in September 2015..... so new album in 2020?

By the way, a new webisode has been published.

Comment

^Which will probably be Emigrate's own rosenrot.
                  What do you mean? An album made very fast, exhausting the band, forcing them into a hiatus?
                  Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

• Originally posted by Waidmann View Post
                    What do you mean? An album made very fast, exhausting the band, forcing them into a hiatus?
                    No, I mean an album comprised of B-Side songs that is widely considered as the most forgettable from the band. Besides, Emigrate will be forced into hiatus no matter if the 3rd album comes out, because eventually, Rammstein will need to return from this bullshit hiatus they're on right now.
                    Last edited by Snake; 11-20-2014, 08:22 PM.

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• I dunno guys...I'd totally go see Rammstein without any new material. Over and over.

Comment

• ^Yeah, but I am not talking about the fans that discuss the band in forums or that go travel around a continent to go see them several times. Those are the pariahs, and are not representative of the fan mass, that is comprised by casual fans and metalheads in general.

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• ^ True. But...people still go see Kiss headline festivals, sooo....

Comment

• ^Good point, but I still have a hard time imagining Rammstein doing the same.

Added: don't forget that KISS are still making new music. Their latest album is from 2012. They also have put out more albuns than Rammstein (Kiss have 20 studios albums, Rammstein have 6), and have been around since the 70s.
                            Last edited by Snake; 11-20-2014, 08:58 PM.

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

No, I mean an album comprised of B-Side songs that is widely considered as the most forgettable from the band. Besides, Emigrate will be forced into hiatus no matter if the 3rd album comes out, because eventually, Rammstein will need to return from this bullshit hiatus they're on right now.
                              B-Side songs? That's quite a condescending way to look on Rosenrot! I think it was a very great album (good performances, lyrics, themes, everything!) and don't forget the band thinks of it like that as well. Rosenrot wasn't just a bunch of mediocre left-overs for them, it was the material that didn't fit (thematically) on the Reise, Reise- record + new songs.
                              Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

• ^And what do you call a song that didn't fit in an album? You call it a b-side :P

Note that I never said Rosenrot sucked or that it had mediocre songs; I only said that it is considered forgetable by many people, including fans.

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

Working...
                                X