No announcement yet.

Emigrate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^I think he have no doubt he can reach the level, I'm sure they had done a great job, the question is if fans will like it or not.

Comment

• ^ If he's truly spent 1000 hours on each song...I would be shocked if it wasn't as perfect as he can make it. He doesn't strike me as the sort who would do a half-assed job on his music.

Comment

• ^True, but he could spend 1000 hours working on a song he believes to be a masterpice, only to discover that it is a masterpiece solely in his head.
        "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• jajajaja Hope it would be a masterpiece for everybody :P

Comment

• @Snake- Possible. But not likely, given the background. Also Lemmy. Therefore your argument is invalid.

Comment

• So I am feeling a little nervous. I just noticed Silent So Long available on Amazon US for $12.99 with a release date of Nov 4. Amazon.de shows a release date of Nov 7, and a cost of 18.99 Eur...

Would there be a difference between the CDs? Should I cancel the pre-order for the cheaper US page? I am nervous with such a cost difference, even with shipping. And why would the US site show it coming out before the German site?

Comment

• ^Why don't you just pre-order the album in both stores, and cancel the one that was made available last?
                "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• ^ Because $. I don't have extra.

I'd for sure go with the cheaper one, especially since it seems it will be out earlier. I am just not sure that offer is legit, since the amazon.de one has the dates that are listed everywhere and was the link from the Emigrate official page when it was first announced.

Comment

• I noticed that two days ago, because now the preorder link is the Amazon US one, maybe he wants more promotion there.

Comment

• I don't have that problem for I am a record store man ! I always go and buy the record myself... it just has something "romantic" about it, going to the store, looking for it and than heading home in excitement. Unfortunately, many smaller bands don't distribute their albums to this region or country.

The US copy will be legit, all record stores just get it way in advance, especially the ones on other continent (because there's always the possibility of delay). The stores get a release date they should more or less respect, but they may always differ a little, as they could locally coincide with certain media events, promotional purposes, availability of distributors in the area, promotional tie-ins...
                      Dort wo der Horizont
                      Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
                      Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
                      Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

• I wonder if it might be better then to order it cheaper from amazon US....it's several dollars difference. And then maybe I will treat myself to a signed copy of the first album, since my CD has never turned up :P

Originally posted by Maya View Post
                        I noticed that two days ago, because now the preorder link is the Amazon US one, maybe he wants more promotion there.
                        Yeah, I noticed that as well. It makes sense he'd want to try and sell more copies here, but I wonder why the huge price difference? That doesn't make any sense...

Comment

• Promo tour unterwegs! London, Munich, Paris, New York!
                          We're really receiving a great response to Silent So Long. For the first time, I don't want to change a damn thing about a record. Can't wait for you guys to hear it.
                          Peace,
                          Richard
                          Source: Emigrate on Facebook

Comment

• Originally posted by EmeraldRose View Post
                            ^ Because $. I don't have extra.
                            I don't think you need extra money as long as you use a credit card. I have a pre-order on Amazon US which I made with pratically no money on my account. I think they will only fetch the money when they are ready to ship it.

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

Are you saying you pre-ordered Silent So Long?

Comment

• ^No, but I did pre-ordered this:

Last edited by Snake; 09-25-2014, 12:33 AM.

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

Working...
                                X