No announcement yet.

Emigrate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He did insinuated it in that interview for Ultima Guitar. Most folks freaked out because he said he didn«t enjoy composing with Rammstein. But for me, the real lousy part is this one:

I have Rammstein with the big show and then I have Emigrate making good records
    "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• Originally posted by Snake View Post
      He did insinuated it in that interview for Ultima Guitar. Most folks freaked out because he said he didn«t enjoy composing with Rammstein. But for me, the real lousy part is this one:
      I didn't read it that way. I didn't read it as if the stress were on the word "good" and I think it wasn't meant that way. I guess he didn't choose he's words carefully there. I'm pretty sure he just wanted to point out that Emigrate's not a live band, but still noteworthy. Hard to defend that though, as I believe a band should always get on the road (but than again, as a Rammsteinfan, I don't want him to "waste" time on that).

Well, I guess several members of Rammstein now said the studio time wasn't really fun, but more like aggrevating, long toiling. And in Richard's defense, he did add that it was because Rammstein's an everlasting democracy were everyone really has to agree. In Emigrate he calls the shots and decisions can be made very quickly and completely according to his liking. Maybe he should change the name from Emigrate into "Richard Kruspe", because he basically said it doesn't matter too much what the other band members think or say.
      Dort wo der Horizont
      Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
      Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
      Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

• I think the context means something different. He didn't insinuate that his personal music is better than the group music of Rammstein. I think his point was more that he is able to make the music that is truly his own and doesn't belong to 5 other people as well. It is him and no one else. I think the term "good records" can be taken as more than one thing, not necessarily that one is better than the other.

Comment

• ^ I think you're right. I think he just enjoyed being in control instead of being in a six-part democracy and it just came out a little clumsy. After all, English is not his first language, even if he lived en New York for a while ;-)

But from the snippets, I won't become an Emigrate fan, I didn't even listen to all the tracks. Sorry ER, but this is one enthusiasm we can't share.

Comment

• ^ Exactly.

And no worries. I'm not completely enthusiastic about what I've heard. I will stay a fan, but I can't help thinking it would've been better without all the guest artists. It just seems...blurred? Confused? The sound is sort of all over the place, and not really a sound from one band. It's good, just...I don't know. I was hoping for something more clearly Emigrate and this isn't it.

Comment

• Nevertheless many tracks have a very similar sound. Too similar to me... Though I like many bits and am eager to hear songs in full.

And I seem to be the only one here ... Come on, I can't believe people expected more than this? It's not that their previous work sounded way better than what we heard so far?
              But I can understand one gets influenced by the fact that the release got postponed once again (the more you wait, the more it'll have to be worth the wait).
              Dort wo der Horizont
              Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
              Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
              Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

• ^ I still look forward to hearing the whole thing and I'm glad I got it. Yesterday was very much weighted (for me) by the fact that I was notified of yet another delay immediately prior to the new tease. I am very irritated that even though it is done and has been for months, it keeps getting delayed. I feel like he is deliberately playing the fans in order to get as much hype out of it as possible. Maybe I am just not one of the fangirls who is hanging on his every move, but I feel like all this deliberate postponement is cheapening the album, not making it better.

I will be very excited the day it finally gets to me and I am able to listen to it as much and as often as I like. It isn't that I think the music is bad or anything, it just doesn't have the same Emigrate feel for me that the first one does. Granted I have listened to the first one countless times. This is all new except for the snippets he has dropped over the last few years here and there...

I hope that when I hear the songs entirely it will make sense to me. I still love Emigrate and would see them if they toured, just as I will see Rammstein again when they come back.

There aren't many bands I can say that for.

Comment

• it's here

Comment

• Oh my god. I laughed so hard!!!! That video is hilarious!!!! I'm crying from laughing so much.

I like the song though...

Comment

• Yeah, it's a bit cliche-ridden. Not Zoran's best work. Too many chefs?

Comment

• Pretty much what I expected. The videoclip is good, though.
                        "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• ^ I just about died laughing when he came out of the water shirtless. Just typical Richard.

Comment

• Am I the only one who thinks there is something strange about his face? Looks like an overdose of botox?

Comment

• ^No he's definitely very shiny. I thought it was the mud or whatever....

Comment

• Hmm...the song is stuck in my head. This is actually a good sign, and I'm finding myself excited about it again. Might have to keep the video on replay for the day. My husband likes it too, which is a change from the first album. He wasn't really sold on it, just happy that I liked it.

Comment

Working...
                                X